MODS - now that JRose5 is gone can we now know what really happened?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Method Man wrote:
� ��

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Implying that a professor would kill themselves at the prospect of reading somebody's writing is generally considered an insult. Obviously long AND boring is a terrible combination, and nobody wants to read the self-indulgent rambling of someone who thinks they're far more insightful than they really are, but I think what wears on most professors more than anything is reading the same boring, poorly written garbage semester after semester. I'd rather read something 10 pages and interesting than an insipid 5 page (courier new) essay cribbed from wikipedia.

To answer your question: most undergraduate papers have length guidelines. If a professor asked for 5-10 pages, the goal was to deliver something concise. That's about par for the course for most undergraduate classes. I think the longest paper I wrote at that level was my thesis, which was about 30 pages - which is by no means outlandish.

Graduate work is a different question... By undergrad standards an 18,000 word term paper is off the charts. At a good graduate program, that's not horribly atypical and a thesis/dissertation is�expected�to be roughly book-length. It's all relative.

On a message board, 4 paragraphs is an insuperable wall of text and anyone who dares to speak in complete sentences has gone too far. �By that measure, I overdo it. By academic standards, my writing is considered concise.
<3
laugh.gif
smile.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Meth what do you have degrees in if you don't mind me asking?

we will never know man..

I'm the last guy to keep up with the daily drama that is NT General...but I CANNOT say that I am surprised 
laugh.gif

The real question is...Where is Bastitch???
edit: nvm. He still around but only posts in Giants threads.

Back
Top Bottom