MODS - now that JRose5 is gone can we now know what really happened?

Originally Posted by knightngale

was it billyhoyle the one that accessed jumptmanst's PC? If so that dude must be a god tier @!+ kisser 

no, the other way around.

billyhoyle was a mod here and i think on the other site.

NIKE Inc was mad about someone posting samples and early pics about shoes, they went thru ISS to see if someone could log into NT and gain IP info so they could find out whos doing what and getting what, "someone" went into billyhoyle account to try and gain IP info, thats pretty much what happened.

correct me if im wrong someone.

Originally Posted by Ciscokid

i'm gonna have to look up the "neighbors cat" thread
Found it
roll.gif

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...-going-to-kill-me?page=1

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by knightngale

was it billyhoyle the one that accessed jumptmanst's PC? If so that dude must be a god tier @!+ kisser 

no, the other way around.

NIKE Inc was mad about someone posting samples and early pics about shoes, they went thru ISS to see if someone could log into NT and gain IP info so they could find out whos doing what and getting what, "someone" went into billyhoyle account to try and gain IP info, thats pretty much what happened.

I wouldnt mind knowing the details about this too?
nerd.gif

I think I missed that thread or it was before my time on here

He made me dislike the real Jalen Rose.
ESPN would've done that anyway.
 im not flaming you. Its just ur patented long responses. & i was like man if he is so detailed in his reponses, which is like your trademark, i wonder how much ud write for something "meaningful" such as a term paper. Im just curious.Dont want no trouble ...

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Implying that a professor would kill themselves at the prospect of reading somebody's writing is generally considered an insult. Obviously long AND boring is a terrible combination, and nobody wants to read the self-indulgent rambling of someone who thinks they're far more insightful than they really are, but I think what wears on most professors more than anything is reading the same boring, poorly written garbage semester after semester. I'd rather read something 10 pages and interesting than an insipid 5 page (courier new) essay cribbed from wikipedia.

To answer your question: most undergraduate papers have length guidelines. If a professor asked for 5-10 pages, the goal was to deliver something concise. That's about par for the course for most undergraduate classes. I think the longest paper I wrote at that level was my thesis, which was about 30 pages - which is by no means outlandish.

Graduate work is a different question... By undergrad standards an 18,000 word term paper is off the charts. At a good graduate program, that's not horribly atypical and a thesis/dissertation is expected to be roughly book-length. It's all relative.

On a message board, 4 paragraphs is an insuperable wall of text and anyone who dares to speak in complete sentences has gone too far. By that measure, I overdo it. By academic standards, my writing is considered concise.

That's completely wrong. billyhoyle was never a staff member here.

Originally Posted by Method Man

billyhoyle was a mod here and i think on the other site.�

correct me if im wrong someone.�
That's completely wrong. billyhoyle was never a staff member here.

so whats the correct story? i thought it was something to that extent
nerd.gif

Method Man wrote:
� ��

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Implying that a professor would kill themselves at the prospect of reading somebody's writing is generally considered an insult. Obviously long AND boring is a terrible combination, and nobody wants to read the self-indulgent rambling of someone who thinks they're far more insightful than they really are, but I think what wears on most professors more than anything is reading the same boring, poorly written garbage semester after semester. I'd rather read something 10 pages and interesting than an insipid 5 page (courier new) essay cribbed from wikipedia.

To answer your question: most undergraduate papers have length guidelines. If a professor asked for 5-10 pages, the goal was to deliver something concise. That's about par for the course for most undergraduate classes. I think the longest paper I wrote at that level was my thesis, which was about 30 pages - which is by no means outlandish.

Graduate work is a different question... By undergrad standards an 18,000 word term paper is off the charts. At a good graduate program, that's not horribly atypical and a thesis/dissertation is�expected�to be roughly book-length. It's all relative.

On a message board, 4 paragraphs is an insuperable wall of text and anyone who dares to speak in complete sentences has gone too far. �By that measure, I overdo it. By academic standards, my writing is considered concise.

<3
laugh.gif
smile.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

� ...

. Obviously long AND boring is a terrible combination, and nobody wants to read the self-indulgent rambling of someone who thinks they're far more insightful than they really are

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i wanted to quote the same sentence, but i didn't out of fear of the ban. but then, i guess i just did quote it anyways
ohwell.gif

and nobody wants to read the self-indulgent rambling of someone who thinks they're far more insightful than they really are

Method man keeps firing subtle shots at Rexanglorum after all these years
roll.gif

Jrose was cool... Was hilarious too
laugh.gif

If u reading this, holla at me
nerd.gif
roll.gif

And like Gunna said, that was DEF. him on the other site
laugh.gif

Method Man wrote:

correct me if im wrong someone.�

Aye bruh, how bout you just post cliff notes before your reply. I can't eeem read all that

Aye bruh, how bout you just post cliff notes before your reply. I can't eeem read all that
I summed that up earlier in the thread.  It's three sentences long.  I think you can handle that. 

i wanted to quote the same sentence, but i didn't out of fear of the ban. but then, i guess i just did quote it anyways 

If that's your opinion, so be it.  We don't all find the same things interesting.  That, ironically, is what makes the world interesting.

Method man keeps firing subtle [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]shots at Rexanglorum after all these years[/font]

Seriously?  If you think the shoe fits that's your business, but don't front like it's a PE.  The world's a lot larger than NikeTalk.  

Method man keeps firing subtle [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]shots at Rexanglorum after all these years[/font]

Seriously?  If you think the shoe fits that's your business, but don't front like it's a PE.  The world's a lot larger than NikeTalk.  
Meth got bars.

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

Meth got bars.

I knew a rapper was going to quote that
laugh.gif

*stolen*

Originally Posted by henz0

Jrose was cool... Was hilarious too
laugh.gif

If u reading this, holla at me
nerd.gif
roll.gif

And like Gunna said, that was DEF. him on the other site
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
dudes getting banned for calling him a fake on ht.

lol no I am not being serious
that is me taking a veiled shot at rex

Honestly, that thread i  made and jrose's banishment/demoting where purely coincidental.
My gripe was soley with Dirty. However i think the other mods should have apologized on behalf of jrose's remarks.

I still dont get jungle bunny.
How is that a racist term? I guess I just never heard of it cause I dont even know what race thats an insult to.

laugh.gif
Even though i'd say things like how is this dude a mod, i kinda wanted him to stick around, it was like if bad santa was a mod.  And that most def was jrose on other site.

Back
Top Bottom