Mood Swings vol. Is this a problem?

why not? you guys seriously think its harmless?

Yes. Because science.

Listen man, weed is an enhancer. If you're a paranoid person by nature, it'll likely exacerbate your paranoia. If you're anxious it'll likely exacerbate your anxiousness. If you're a procrastinator by nature you'll likely procrastinate a lot more when you're high.

The caveat being that if you smoke the RIGHT kind of bud, you can actually treat, and not exacerbate those things.

Marley said it best, weed reveals one to hisself.

Yes. Because science.
Listen man, weed is an enhancer. If you're a paranoid person by nature, it'll likely exacerbate your paranoia. If you're anxious it'll likely exacerbate your anxiousness. If you're a procrastinator by nature you'll likely procrastinate a lot more when you're high.
The caveat being that if you smoke the RIGHT kind of bud, you can actually treat, and not exacerbate those things.
While I don't disagree with much of what you said, a lot of the things the OP is referencing in addition to what @Tr1ll  said are 100% true. I'm very aware of it now so it's not hard too keep under control but when you're blowin' on good kush daily for a month or longer you definitely go thru withdrawals on those initial cold turkey days... frequent mood swings and appetite issues in particular. 

Last edited:
Yes. Because science.

N' please...never think science has it all figured out and don't take for granted ANY drugs side effects...not saying take the governments perspective, just saying take it from individual users and what they deal with when they smoke...

i am not saying it has crazy detrimental affects...but it does have subtle affects that can wear on you...and i smoke high quality stuff...and i can agree that it does differ from person to person and their experiences..

but for me the most annoying affect is not being able to get that full nights sleep...as i am mostly a night smoker due to my schedule, not because i cant sleep...

another thing i don't like about it is the migraine/headache sometimes which is again tied to the sleeping...

but i have noticed since i've become a daily smoker is that at times i catch myself getting upset over **** i shouldn't be...wasn't like that before that's for sure

While I don't disagree with much of what you said, a lot of the things the OP is referencing in addition to what @Tr1ll
 said are 100% true. I'm very aware of it now so it's not hard too keep under control but when you're blowin' on good kush daily for a month or longer you definitely go thru withdrawals on those initial cold turkey days... frequent mood swings and appetite issues in particular. 

You're smoking the wrong bud. I guarantee that 100%.

Study up on indicas vs sativas and use leafly.com as a learning resource.

I learned that I don't get a long with sativa, I stick to indica.

Last edited:
N' please...never think science has it all figured out and don't take for granted ANY drugs side effects...not saying take the governments perspective, just saying take it from individual users and what they deal with when they smoke...

i am not saying it has crazy detrimental affects...but it does have subtle affects that can wear on you...and i smoke high quality stuff...and i can agree that it does differ from person to person and their experiences..

but for me the most annoying affect is not being able to get that full nights sleep...as i am mostly a night smoker due to my schedule, not because i cant sleep...

another thing i don't like about it is the migraine/headache sometimes which is again tied to the sleeping...

but i have noticed since i've become a daily smoker is that at times i catch myself getting upset over **** i shouldn't be...wasn't like that before that's for sure

You're speaking from a highly uneducated standpoint.

again, you and others can stand to learn a lot by researching different strains and paying attention to their effects.

Don't just blindly cop. You smoke high quality stuff? So do I. All the more reason to take measures to learn what each strain can do for you. This is potent medicinal grade stuff, so if you're smoking the wrong stuff, it can definitely exacerbate certain innate qualities a person has.

Got insomnia? There's a bud for that.

You're speaking from a highly uneducated standpoint.

again, you and others can stand to learn a lot by researching different strains and paying attention to their effects.

Don't just blindly cop. You smoke high quality stuff? So do I. All the more reason to take measures to learn what each strain can do for you. This is potent medicinal grade stuff, so if you're smoking the wrong stuff, it can definitely exacerbate certain innate qualities a person has.

Got insomnia? There's a bud for that.

i agree with you...nah i don't have insomnia...if i smoke during the day i stick to sativa...if i am smoking at night before bed i smoke indica...

if i smoke a sativa before bed i'll be up 2-3 hours longer than i should be...

how do you smoke a full breed indica and not get mad lazy? that is why i agree why each person can be different

its all irrelevant to me anyway...i am quitting the daily routine and going to cut down to once a week just so i can be a little more fresher in my mind

While I don't disagree with much of what you said, a lot of the things the OP is referencing in addition to what @Tr1ll
 said are 100% true. I'm very aware of it now so it's not hard too keep under control but when you're blowin' on good kush daily for a month or longer you definitely go thru withdrawals on those initial cold turkey days... frequent mood swings and appetite issues in particular. 
laugh.gif

You're smoking the wrong bud. I guarantee that 100%.
Study up on indicas vs sativas and use leafly.com as a learning resource.
I learned that I don't get a long with sativa, I stick to indica.
laugh.gif

How exactly can you 100% guarantee that? My cousin grows for a shop in CO, dude mail's me a zip roughly every month with two-three diff. strains. Anyways, IMO, it has a lot less to do with the quality of the trees and a lot more to do with the body getting used to the dopeamine release the drug provides the brain.

there's a bud for every mood. throw on a record and :smokin

Last edited:
I personally think it alters the chemical balance in your brain

Yes. Because science.

I don't agree with you on everything but this comment is a FACT!!!!!!!
I remember the first time I ever smoked bud back in 2011 and that day was the most beautiful awesome day ever.
I live in Alabama but felt like I was crusing in LA all day on some g ishhh
When Eating You Actually Take Your Time To Eat. Taste buds are fully alert and diciphering flavors,
I walked in the woods and was becoming one with nature hearing birds chirp, water flowing calmed me,
I handle frustrated or angry people way better because I found a way to get them to laugh and calm them.
Weed Naps = Like Sleeping On A Cloud In Heaven
:lol:

How exactly can you 100% guarantee that? My cousin grows for a shop in CO, dude mail's me a zip roughly every month with two-three diff. strains. Anyways, IMO, it has a lot less to do with the quality of the trees and a lot more to do with the body getting used to the dopeamine release the drug provides the brain.
you wanna reroute part of that zip my way :lol:

Last edited:
i agree with you...nah i don't have insomnia...if i smoke during the day i stick to sativa...if i am smoking at night before bed i smoke indica...

if i smoke a sativa before bed i'll be up 2-3 hours longer than i should be...

how do you smoke a full breed indica and not get mad lazy? that is why i agree why each person can be different

its all irrelevant to me anyway...i am quitting the daily routine and going to cut down to once a week just so i can be a little more fresher in my mind

Indica is supposed to be relaxing, it is known for its heavy body high, and it'll definitely give folks couch lock.

My recommendation is smoking sativas in the morning and sticking to indicas at night. Also watch what you're doing when you smoke indica during the evening. Don't play video games or anything that is going to keep your mind stimulated. Instead get into some TV or a movie or listen to some chill music.

Or just do nothing, just enjoy your smoke by itself. Turn off the lights, turn on some candles and just enjoy your smoke. Pretty soon your mind will drift into sleep.

could be your nutrition OP.

blood sugar can affect your mood swings.

try eating balanced meals at certain times of the day so your body builds a routine. 

not sporadic unbalanced meals.  

are you dieting right now? when im cutting weight i get aggressive and confrontational.

this can also affect your sleep. 

Bob Marley/Sizzla/Junior Reid/Garnett Silk and loud >>>>>>
Sizzla Kalonji [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] ROCKSTONE!!!!!!!!!!

OP, that's a very intuitive thing to notice about yourself. Most people are oblivious of the flaws in their personalities(if you think it's one). If you think it's a problem with your personal relationships, work life, or social life, it's really not a big deal to talk to a psychiatrist about. Most jobs offer free services if you just wanna talk to an expert about it. There's TONS of literature out there too, peep the library if you're interested.

A friend of mine had huge mood swings from time to time but his turned out being serious. he got violent once, and ended up being diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic at 22. (his uncle and dad had the same thing.) Obviously that's an extreme example, but yeah sometimes you never know what your mental state is until you get some opinions.

A friend of mine had huge mood swings from time to time but his turned out being serious. he got violent once, and ended up being diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic at 22. (his uncle and dad had the same thing.) Obviously that's an extreme example, but yeah sometimes you never know what your mental state is until you get some opinions.

I can relate to your friend. My younger brother i believe has paranoid personality disorder because all the criteria match up. Hes completely paranoid of everyone and that everyone is out to get him. Mood changes from being aware something is wrong with him to the next week where he makes ridiculous accusatioms of me or my mother stealing from him or something. Calling our mom a ***** or to **** off. My mom bought him a car, got his broken tooth fixed, and a new pair of glasses this past few months. He lost all his close friends because he accused them of all having a plot to ruin his life.

These past few months has been a living hell with him in the house . But this past month was the last straw. Hes been more and more violent throwing things at the wall or punching the wall.

This past weekend he destroyed my moms bathroom, bedroom, my grandparents bedroom
View media item 1855924
View media item 1855928
Theres more pics but i dont have them all on my phone.

After he destroyed everything he ran away in the car my mom bought him. Dont know where hes at now

Last edited:
Damn...i really hope everything works out. Just try and be compassionate...all those things can be replaced.

Keep it in the family as well...dont run to authorities qnd hospitals/mental facilities...exhaust your own remedies first.

Damn Fam :smh: :smh: :smh: find him quick before the law finds him. You describing how he is he is most likely to be confrontational with the police

Back
Top Bottom