2.3 bpg

27 PER

Wade

24.1 ppg
6.8 apg
5.2 rpg
1.6 spg

23 PER

Wade took over the reigns in the post-season, buf Shaq was most certainly the regular season MVP.

Be awarded a league MVP for 15/11 is a joke, regardless.

Last edited:
In the regular season? Sure he was.

Shaq.

22.9 ppg
10.4 rpg
2.7 apg
2.3 bpg

27 PER

Wade

24.1 ppg
6.8 apg
5.2 rpg
1.6 spg

23 PER

Wade took over the reigns in the post-season, buf Shaq was most certainly the regular season MVP.

Be awarded a league MVP for 15/11 is a joke.
How many games did Shaq play (serious question, I don't know)?

Also, those are some killer stats from wade.

It's really 16/12 for Nash also.  Shaq wasn't the leader of his team, and he wasn't the best player either.  That team was 100% built around Nash, and they were a serious revolution at the time.  They went from 29-53 to 62-20 in a stacked Western Conference.  They averaged 110ppg after averaging 94 the year before, in one of the most boring/slow-paced eras of the generation.  It may have not been the best MVP of the decade, but there weren't any other candidates at the same level.

BTW although playoff stats don't matter, Nash averaged 24/11 that year, shooting 52% from the field.  People seem to forget how fantastic this guy was.  

Does it matter... he had the best season. Lol
Thats another thing about the NBA in general.  I dont understand why the sport needs to have its MVP come from a team that is either the best team in the league, or damn close.  Its the only sport thats like this, and it doesnt make sense.

I assumed that's why Dwight didn't win in 2011. If there was a precedent set that you just needed a top ten team, then I think he would have gotten it. That plus voters turning against Lebron for a season.

Rose was deserving, he had a great season that year, but Dwight's impact was greater to me.

12 tds, 10-6 record

he got the mvp because of the season he had after knee surgery. the wow factor. he was not the mvp.
any running back who plays on a team with a bad qb and makes the playoffs who puts up these exact numbers will win the mvp EVERY SINGLE YEAR. A running back is not measured by tds scored. on the goaline you tend to sit ur premier back now due to possible injury. running backs arent rushing for 25 tds a yr anymore. thats not why he was mvp. dragging out a defense for 60 minutes with first down after first down is why. They dont call him AD for nothing. But now they call him MVP too
happy.gif
yards don't count as points. tds do. not taking away anything from AP. just stating that his td total and team record were blurred by his yards while coming back from a knee injury.

A runningback shouldn't be punished by voters off his touchdown numbers. If the team chooses to use a goal line back to punch it in to avoid getting their main guy hurt and the goal line back gets a bunch of td's its good for them but everyone knows who set those touchdowns up and moved the chains consistently for them to be in those goal line situations and most of the time that guy wasnt named Christian ponder

Does it matter... he had the best season. Lol
Uh yeah it matters, because the whole point of playing well is winning.  Having a great season on a great team means you played better than someone who had a great season on an average team.

Especially in basketball when there are only 5 men on the court.  It's different in baseball or w/e.

Last edited:
Uh yeah it matters, because the whole point of playing well is winning.  Having a great season on a great team means you played better than someone who had a great season on an average team.

Especially in basketball when there are only 5 men on the court.  It's different in baseball or w/e.

You must be one of those guys who just watches basketball and never really played...
Look at the team nash had, then look at the team kobe had. Take both away from their team, Phoenix would still make the playoffs. La? last in the west. So who's more valuable? Even statistically kobe had the better year as well. Winning is important yeah but not the biggest factor when it comes to an INDIVIDUAL award. Kobe was robbed, he deserved one of those MVPs that Nash got point blank period. This is coming from someone whose not even a kobe fan.

You must be one of those guys who just watches basketball and never really played...
Look at the team nash had, then look at the team kobe had. Take both away from their team, Phoenix would still make the playoffs. La? last in the west. So who's more valuable? Even statistically kobe had the better year as well. Winning is important yeah but not the biggest factor when it comes to an INDIVIDUAL award. Kobe was robbed, he deserved one of those MVPs that Nash got point blank period. This is coming from someone whose not even a kobe fan.

I played. I don't think there's any way you give the MVP to a 7th seed in that situation.

A runningback shouldn't be punished by voters off his touchdown numbers. If the team chooses to use a goal line back to punch it in to avoid getting their main guy hurt and the goal line back gets a bunch of td's its good for them but everyone knows who set those touchdowns up and moved the chains consistently for them to be in those goal line situations and most of the time that guy wasnt named Christian ponder
you are right a rb should not be punished by voters for touchdown numbers. those 12 tds have to factor in though. his team was 10-6 and sneaked into the playoffs as a 6th seed. he had a phenomenal season but not an mvp season. his yards, the must see tv every time he carried the ball, and coming back from that knee injury blurred his tds and his teams success. great season but not an mvp.

That Ryan Braun MVP enrages me even more in the current weeks. Dude used PEDs and played with Prince Fielder that year, who was in the MVP mix as well, and the only stat that stood out to me that distinguished himself truly from Kemp was by striking out a lot less.

Kemp almost won the triple crown, was one homer away from the 40-40 club, AND had a better WAR...

you are right a rb should not be punished by voters for touchdown numbers. those 12 tds have to factor in though. his team was 10-6 and sneaked into the playoffs as a 6th seed. he had a phenomenal season but not an mvp season. his yards, the must see tv every time he carried the ball, and coming back from that knee injury blurred his tds and his teams success. great season but not an mvp.

blurred? no its what won him the award. Voters obviously look at lots of criteria for mvp. AD had one of the greatest seasons a running back will ever have. He was rewarded accordingly. Dont worry...im sure theyre just itching to give another to Manning. Hopefully its Eli tho..he is the better Manning if you actually wanna win in the playoffs and all.

You can take it a step further and have them switch teams and see who the most valuable is. I know damn well the Lakers aren't making playoffs with Nash on that sorry roster. Some of y'all forgot the work that Marion was putting in on that squad. He clearly committed robbery with by stealing two MVP awards but I believe in karma. It came in the form of Big Shot Bob checking that little thief into the scorers table and getting redemption for his homies Shaq and Kobe.  I will always remember Nash being sprawled out over the floor than being a league MVP.

You can take it a step further and have them switch teams and see who the most valuable is. I know damn well the Lakers aren't making playoffs with Nash on that sorry roster. Some of y'all forgot the work that Marion was putting in on that squad. He clearly committed robbery with by stealing two MVP awards but I believe in karma. It came in the form of Big Shot Bob checking that little thief into the scorers table and getting redemption for his homies Shaq and Kobe.  I will always remember Nash being sprawled out over the floor than being a league MVP.

yup. and before kobe won two more titles he did this to nash:

Last edited by a moderator:

blurred? no its what won him the award. Voters obviously look at lots of criteria for mvp. AD had one of the greatest seasons a running back will ever have. He was rewarded accordingly. Dont worry...im sure theyre just itching to give another to Manning. Hopefully its Eli tho..he is the better Manning if you actually wanna win in the playoffs and all.

by blurred i mean that his td total and team record was not as magnified due to his yard total after the knee injury and the must see tv every time he carried the ball.

by blurred i mean that his td total and team record was not as magnified due to his yard total after the knee injury and the must see tv every time he carried the ball.

i dont think anybodys view was "blurred" ... I think they took a number of factors into account with AD's MVP. The right player won it. Let's not forget that a player from a losing superbowl team has won that games MVP. It's not always about who won the most. It's who helped their team the most...which team could not stand without said player. Broncos were a first placed team the year before Manning and exited in the second round...Broncos were a first placed team the year of Manning and...exited in the second round. AD ...all day...any day.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is no debating petersons mvp

i always felt like kobe deserved it in 06 but its kinda hard not to give it to the guy who just matched his previous mvp season without his biggest weapon

Back
Top Bottom