Motivational quotes to keep you going.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; True nobility is being superior to your former self."

1e56fd2d5c57dec9f38e9ab40bee5fe3.jpg

tumblr_ngt8i9xmHX1sm5qj2o1_1280.jpg

You got everything in you to get you there . You just need to realize. Sun dont have trouble shining. Wind dont have trouble blowing. So why are you getting in the way of you

You dont know that acorn is an oak tree. You want an oak tree ,plant that acorn

Last edited:
TLDR;

I have had an amazing 2015. I accomplished many awesome (almost unbelievable to me now looking back at it) things. But to accomplish them I reset my counter back to zero. I felt like this was my 1st true year of being an adult. And I realized the reason I felt this way is because for the first time in my life I completely chose freedom from the pressure of expectations, goals, milestones, etc (didn't feel pressure from parents, friends, myself, etc).

Lived my life by these four simple quotes this year:

1. Today is a good day to have a good day.
2. The best goal is no goal.
3. The prize is in the process.
4. Learn to love the process of becoming great.

Simply put - even if you set zero goals but you learn to appreciate the process of everyday living you'll achieve more (and feel better doing it) than otherwise. Maybe only works for people that always been pushed (by parents, area you grew up in, etc). Don't feel burned out by life.

2015 Recap:
1. Played basketball 1x a week. For the first time it wasn't about basketball but also doing walking, body squats etc everyday to have my getting older body ready for bball each week.
2. Passed all 4 parts of my CPA exam on the 1st try with some 90+ scores (seriously unbelievable to me...never been more proud of something/worked so hard at something).
3. Got married. Always wanted a relationship so bad that it depressed me (could never find anyone special). Stopped caring/setting that goal and it grew organically.
4. Ate healthy 65% of the time and kept a food journal for 3 months (big difference for me). Back to high school levels of athletic energy and daily energy.
5. Stopped e-relationships (e.g., facebook messages, emails, Skype, whatsapp, texts etc) and spent more time with people in person (board game cafes).
6. Read/audio listened to ~30 books. Got back to my love of literature.

Sorry for the long post. I'd love to hear what other NTers have been up to in 2015 (slight thread derail for end of the year). This thread always keeps my head on straight when times get tough.

Last edited:
@ModernDarwin  Damn bruh, your post inspired me
eek.gif

2015 sucked for me for the most part, till these last 3 months or so. I'm finishing strong.

I don't even want to recap because I already feel like it's in the past. I just want to move on 

and have an incredible 2016. 

I want my 2016 recap to look like your 2015, but it's all up to me to make it happen.

@ModernDarwin
nthat.gif

Your post inspired me man. I definitely want to live 2016 like that.

2015 recap:

1. My girlfriend got into Pharmacy school. Incredible journey that will definitely inspire some of you. She came from nothing. I'll post her story sometime. Just so glad she got in.

2. Struggled heavily here at UCLA. Competition is cutthroat man.
laugh.gif
but this thread always kept me going when I was going through tough times. I would post not only for you guys but for myself.

3. Did the half dome hike in Yosemite with my girlfriend over the summer. Let me preface by saying my girlfriend and I are no hikers by any means lol. So it was a 17 mile, about a 14 hour hike. Was incredibly difficult because we didn't bring enough water, weren't in cardiovascular shape, and had a couple other setbacks but it was incredible. Definitely tested me physically and mentally. 

This is basically where we started but at 5am

Just for perspective on how crazy this thing was (not mine)

Finally got here at 12 IIRC

We made it!

And the view down (was so scared to drop my phone but had to take it for NT 
laugh.gif
)

4. and I guess finally is that I was able to submit my Pharmacy School applications last Fall and I got an interview at one of them coming up this January 22nd. Blessed to have this opportunity and I hope to do great. 

2015 was a lot of ups and downs but most importantly growth. Growth and change will only come when you can allow yourself to be free to it. 2016, I look to add more good habits and seek more growth for myself. 

This thread will definitely still be alive in 2016. Cheers to everyone here that we may inspire and become inspired to be the best of who we are. 

EDIT: Just got another invitation to the second Pharmacy school I applied to. Can't believe it. It's a top ranked school. Humbled.  

Last edited:
^ repped my man. 14 hour hike.. man my girl asks if i want to go on a 5 hour hike and i hit her with the :x face and go "find us a 1-2 hour hike and we'll go"

Congrats on the accolades for everyone on this page.. NT is comin up lately :nthat:

TLDR;

I have had an amazing 2015. I accomplished many awesome (almost unbelievable to me now looking back at it) things. But to accomplish them I reset my counter back to zero. I felt like this was my 1st true year of being an adult. And I realized the reason I felt this way is because for the first time in my life I completely chose freedom from the pressure of expectations, goals, milestones, etc (didn't feel pressure from parents, friends, myself, etc).

Lived my life by these four simple quotes this year:

1. Today is a good day to have a good day.
2. The best goal is no goal.
3. The prize is in the process.
4. Learn to love the process of becoming great.

Simply put - even if you set zero goals but you learn to appreciate the process of everyday living you'll achieve more (and feel better doing it) than otherwise. Maybe only works for people that always been pushed (by parents, area you grew up in, etc). Don't feel burned out by life.

2015 Recap:
1. Played basketball 1x a week. For the first time it wasn't about basketball but also doing walking, body squats etc everyday to have my getting older body ready for bball each week.
2. Passed all 4 parts of my CPA exam on the 1st try with some 90+ scores (seriously unbelievable to me...never been more proud of something/worked so hard at something).
3. Got married. Always wanted a relationship so bad that it depressed me (could never find anyone special). Stopped caring/setting that goal and it grew organically.
4. Ate healthy 65% of the time and kept a food journal for 3 months (big difference for me). Back to high school levels of athletic energy and daily energy.
5. Stopped e-relationships (e.g., facebook messages, emails, Skype, whatsapp, texts etc) and spent more time with people in person (board game cafes).
6. Read/audio listened to ~30 books. Got back to my love of literature.

Sorry for the long post. I'd love to hear what other NTers have been up to in 2015 (slight thread derail for end of the year). This thread always keeps my head on straight when times get tough.
wat tips do u have for the CPA exam got bachelors in accounting working for a private firm and considering going public

Back
Top Bottom