Moving To NYC This Fall, Need Advice on Which Borough to Move to.

Got a job offer to write for a publication in Manhattan last week, and will finally be moving out of Indiana! But, after some quick searching I have determined I have no idea what the best place for a young out of college guy to live would be. NT, what are your thoughts on the best borough for studio life, with reasonable rent prices.

Thanks!

Burnside in the Bronx or Hunts point :lol:

Nah I'm playing op. Others NTers will help on this, I'll be moving out there in about two years once I finish school.

Really depends on what you trying to pay cause every borough has it's good neighborhoods and really bad neighborhoods. But in this city nothing comes cheap 

$2300. Stay where you're at. You won't live comfortably. The bulk will go to rent on a tiny studio apt. and whatever you have left will go to bills, food and train and cab fare. You won't have a dime of disposable income. You could always room with other people to cut down on rent but I don't trust people, you mess around and wake up with bedbugs no bs.

Last edited:
Your budget is $2300 for housing, or $2300 for everything?
If its the latter you're gonna need some roommates.

Got a job offer to write for a publication in Manhattan last week, and will finally be moving out of Indiana! But, after some quick searching I have determined I have no idea what the best place for a young out of college guy to live would be. NT, what are your thoughts on the best borough for studio life, with reasonable rent prices.

Thanks!

Go to Jersey and commute.

Thanks!
Go to Jersey and commute.
As much as I dislike Jersey, Rico is right.  It's much cheaper for an incoming resident.

Even though I'm a Brooklyn boy I can't help but feel like should I live in the NYC area as an adult I might have to be out in Jersey just to afford it.

Gentrification is a female dog.

Riverdale in the BX is nice. Got the 1 and A trains a few blocks away. However, that commute into the city to the UWS is about 25-30 minutes, depending where else you want to go in Manhattan, could be up to 1 hr or 1:15 minutes.

If your rental budger is 2300 you can find a very nice place to live in Manhattan or any Borough. Williamsburg is nice if you like to drink. Queens is nice if you want a quiet safe life. Its also very close to the city so it'd be the best of both worlds. If I had 2300, I'd go to Dumbo, Brooklyn. By far the nicest place in NYC. Lots of parks, views and social life around there. And again, close to the city.

Thanks!

but...you're Ronnie Fieg....just sleep at kith....

bad areas is where you'll find the best deals here. i'm in the bronx and i wouldn't recommend it to a cat from outta state. i'd say look at the downtown brooklyn area, the city from 96 down or wayyy uptown bronx, westside. bronx on the eastside is gettin worse and worse.

i'm terrible at recommending :smh:

bad areas is where you'll find the best deals here. i'm in the bronx and i wouldn't recommend it to a cat from outta state. i'd say look at the downtown brooklyn area, the city from 96 down or wayyy uptown bronx, westside. bronx on the eastside is gettin worse and worse.

i'm terrible at recommending :smh:
Why not? Co op, Parkchester, or a spot on Williamsbridge in between Pelham Pkwy and Morris Park all are cool neighborhoods

What onewearz said about the bx. Decent areas just look tho. Other than that check queens.

Back
Top Bottom