MTV Video Music Award 2015

Yall know MTV, BET and VH1 are all owned by the same people.

Its just MTV on different channels, and that probably why MTV snubbs "urban" artistt.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think just about everyone knows they are owned by the same company . Hell, the vma's was on Bet, and vh1 last night. I wonder why they don't show the bet awards on mtv and vh1? Hmmm.

Black entertainment awards on MTV? Haaaaa. But Yea that charlie wilson joint was the greatest thing I've seen on an award show in the last 5 years.

Yeah, I think just about everyone knows they are owned by the same company . Hell, the vma's was on Bet, and vh1 last night. I wonder why they don't show the bet awards on mtv and vh1? Hmmm.

Because BET, BLACK entertainment television, is among the worst names you can give something in terms of audience targeted. MTV isn't "white" television, nor is VH1. It's not even a race thing, the numbers of viewers would drop

Last edited:
As unprofessional as they are, the BET Awards has at least kept my attention lol, even if it's mainly on the strength of their annual tributes, or legendary appearances.

Because BET, BLACK entertainment television, is among the worst names you can give something in terms of audience targeted. MTV isn't "white" television, nor is VH1. It's not even a race thing, the numbers of viewers would drop

Vh1 probably has an equal amount of black viewers as BET. But, I don't see how ratings will go down if they show the bet awards on mtv and vh1. That will bring more ratings to mtv and vh1. They show nothing but reruns during the time the awards are on anyway. What, they're going to lose the few people watching reruns of ridiculousness? Also, how can you say, Black entertainment television is a bad name and doesn't attract viewers because of it. Then say it's not a race thing. That makes no sense.

Well, MTV

Are you sure :lol: :lol:?

I always forget Viacom owns all three.

Well, MTV

Are you sure :lol: :lol:?

I always forget Viacom owns all three.

Right?

That was Nicki was saying and Miley was alluding to.

MTV Awaeds shows = White awards show BET = black awards show.

Is this a new thing where when they announce the nominees they don't show them on screen. Or play some video of the artist?

miley tried really hard last night..... like ok we get it you like weed and rappers and you shocking..... we get it

this is what achy break heart funded ......never forget

kanye is a music genius.... he rambles but his contribution and everyone who came thru his camp to me have some of the best music next to Dungeon family as far as Midwest/ southern rap goes

maliah-michel.jpg

"Bro. BRO. Listen to the kids. Jeremy, I gotta put it down for a second. Jeremy Scott designed it. First of all, thank you Taylor for being so gracious and giving me this award this evening, thank you. And I often think back to the first day that I met you also. You know, I think about when I'm in the grocery store with my daughter and I have a really great conversation about fresh juice, you know? And at the end they say, 'Oh, you're not that bad after all.' And like, I think about it sometimes. It crosses my mind a little bit like when I go to a baseball game and 60,000 people boo me. It crosses my mind a little bit. And I think if I had to do it all again, what would I have done? Would I have worn a leather shirt? Would I have drank a half a bottle of Hennessy and given it to the rest of the audience? Ya'll know ya'll drink that bottle too. If I had a daughter at that time, would I have went onstage and grabbed the mic from someone else's? You know, this arena, tomorrow, it's going to be a completely different setup, some concert or something like that. This stage will be gone. After that night, the stage is gone but the effect that it had on people remained. The problem was, the contradiction is, I do fight for artists. But in that fight, I somehow was disrespectful to artists. I didn't know how to say the right thing, the perfect thing. I just, I sat at the Grammys and saw Justin Timberlake and Cee Lo lose. Gnarls Barkley and the 'Sexyback' album...and bro, Justin, I ain't trying to put you on blast but I saw that man in tears bro. And I was thinking like, he deserved to win Album of the Year. And the small box that we, are as entertainers of the evening, how could you explain that? Sometimes I feel like, you know, all this **** they run about beef and all that, sometimes I feel like I died for the artist's opinion, for an artist to have an opinion after they were successful. I'm not no politician bro! And look at that. You know how many times MTV ran that footage again because it got them more ratings? You know how many times they announced Taylor was gonna give me the award because it got then more ratings? Listen to the kids bro! I still don't understand award shows. I don't understand how they get five people who work their entire life, one sold records, sold concert tickets, to come, stand on a carpet and for the first time in their life, be judged on a chopping block and had the opportunity to be considered a loser. I don't understand it bruh! I don't understand what the biggest album or the biggest video... I've been conflicted bro, I just wanted people to like me more. But **** that BRO! 2015. I will die for the art, for what I believe in, and the art ain't always gonna be polite. Y'all might be thinking right now, did he smoke something before he came out here? The answer is yes, I rolled up a little something; I knocked the edge off. I don't know what's going to happen tonight, I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow bro, but all I can say to my artists, my fellow artists, just worry about how you feel at the time man. Just worry about how you feel, and don't never...nom sayin, I'm confident. I believe in myself. We the millennials, bro. This is a new mentality. We not gonna control our kids with brands. We not going to teach low self esteem and hate to our kids. We're gonna teach our kids, that they can be something. We're gonna teach our kids that they can stand up for themselves. We're gonna teach our kids to believe in themselves. If my grandfather was here right now, he would not let me back down. I don't know what I finna lose after this. It don't matter though, because it's not about me. It's about ides, bro, new ideas, people with ideas, people who believe in truth. And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided in 2020, to run for president."

Worst award show I've ever seen.

Demi :evil:

Glad Tori Kelly (a real artist) got to shine on stage. :pimp:

Miley pandering to the LBGT community :smh:

MTV trying everything they could to be controversial :stoneface:

All those terribly unfunny skits. Writer(s) should be banned from ever doing another award show again.

"Bro. BRO. Listen to the kids. Jeremy, I gotta put it down for a second. Jeremy Scott designed it. First of all, thank you Taylor for being so gracious and giving me this award this evening, thank you. And I often think back to the first day that I met you also. You know, I think about when I'm in the grocery store with my daughter and I have a really great conversation about fresh juice, you know? And at the end they say, 'Oh, you're not that bad after all.' And like, I think about it sometimes. It crosses my mind a little bit like when I go to a baseball game and 60,000 people boo me. It crosses my mind a little bit. And I think if I had to do it all again, what would I have done? Would I have worn a leather shirt? Would I have drank a half a bottle of Hennessy and given it to the rest of the audience? Ya'll know ya'll drink that bottle too. If I had a daughter at that time, would I have went onstage and grabbed the mic from someone else's? You know, this arena, tomorrow, it's going to be a completely different setup, some concert or something like that. This stage will be gone. After that night, the stage is gone but the effect that it had on people remained. The problem was, the contradiction is, I do fight for artists. But in that fight, I somehow was disrespectful to artists. I didn't know how to say the right thing, the perfect thing. I just, I sat at the Grammys and saw Justin Timberlake and Cee Lo lose. Gnarls Barkley and the 'Sexyback' album...and bro, Justin, I ain't trying to put you on blast but I saw that man in tears bro. And I was thinking like, he deserved to win Album of the Year. And the small box that we, are as entertainers of the evening, how could you explain that? Sometimes I feel like, you know, all this **** they run about beef and all that, sometimes I feel like I died for the artist's opinion, for an artist to have an opinion after they were successful. I'm not no politician bro! And look at that. You know how many times MTV ran that footage again because it got them more ratings? You know how many times they announced Taylor was gonna give me the award because it got then more ratings? Listen to the kids bro! I still don't understand award shows. I don't understand how they get five people who work their entire life, one sold records, sold concert tickets, to come, stand on a carpet and for the first time in their life, be judged on a chopping block and had the opportunity to be considered a loser. I don't understand it bruh! I don't understand what the biggest album or the biggest video... I've been conflicted bro, I just wanted people to like me more. But **** that BRO! 2015. I will die for the art, for what I believe in, and the art ain't always gonna be polite. Y'all might be thinking right now, did he smoke something before he came out here? The answer is yes, I rolled up a little something; I knocked the edge off. I don't know what's going to happen tonight, I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow bro, but all I can say to my artists, my fellow artists, just worry about how you feel at the time man. Just worry about how you feel, and don't never...nom sayin, I'm confident. I believe in myself. We the millennials, bro. This is a new mentality. We not gonna control our kids with brands. We not going to teach low self esteem and hate to our kids. We're gonna teach our kids, that they can be something. We're gonna teach our kids that they can stand up for themselves. We're gonna teach our kids to believe in themselves. If my grandfather was here right now, he would not let me back down. I don't know what I finna lose after this. It don't matter though, because it's not about me. It's about ides, bro, new ideas, people with ideas, people who believe in truth. And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided in 2020, to run for president."

when I read it in my own voice, with my own pacing, the first 3/4ths of it arent bad at all. he lost his damn mind near the end.

he makes a valid point but you can tell his though patterns..... its like he brains is moving faster than how he can put it into words.... of course it easy to say he is a clown but taking out the side tracks he makes a valid point....

aint nobody trying to hear him talk about the art these days it like trying to get a lyrical rapper in the to 40

fetty wap is loved by 11 year old white girls

my wife said " why you didn't tell me fetty wap had one eye, I would have been more sympathetic to his music"

Kanye is so wack...he says to stop letting kids be controlled by brands yet as an influential figure himself wears the most expensive clothing money can buy...

But hey what do I know

Back
Top Bottom