My Barber Fell Off NT ....

Y'all savages. I cant do it in my barbers face. I go straight to a new shop. No risk of getting your neck slit with the edge up blade like the Godfather movie.

this guy is taking appointments
STRHJ7v.jpg

Idk about yall but I have a hate/love relationship with black barbershops

My barber blesses me with the clippers ever so gracefully. But when they all talking about sports or some **** my 20 min haircut becomes an hour long hair cut

Brotha would dead turn off the clippers and start yellin wit the rest of the guys

Hes still been my guy for the past 6 years tho :pimp:

If i was short on money I could always pay him back next time

^^^ main reason I dropped my last Barber a couple years back. When they get too comfortable start asking favors, trying to do extracurricular activies while I'm in the chair, etc. Just get this cut done, so I can be on my way man.

I'm still going through this. 6 barbers later and I still haven't found one who can cut an afro properly.

My old barber was shaky, but i dealt with him off the strength he was cool as hell. He was always late, and not at the shop when I made an appointment. Went to another barber on one of those occasions and haven't looked back since. Ol' boy pulled me the side and everything and asked me what he did wrong!?!!? Felt like garbage for a second, but my new fade was lit so ...:smokin:

Last edited:
dam I need a cut in the next couple days and my barber fell off. I made the mistake of going to the new guy one week and ain't been the same since
laugh.gif

now I can't help but wanna go to the new guy but my barber always got a dam empty chair and always has it ready for me it seems when I come in ...

New guy's lines are sharper, he's faster, shave don't hurt, but his lines are longer and I hate that I'm makin the old dude feel bad
mean.gif
laugh.gif

how do the youngsters on NT handle this, i know i'm gonna get clowned and the obvious answer but I know some of u have had this problem ...
Just call and make appointments with the new guy so you can just walk in and go straight to the chair, no eye contact with the other dude.

Im in this predicament as well.. new barber is hungry , old barber has his clientele so he's content. Gave my old barber a last shot this weekend, while its a good cut. its still not as sharp and crisp as the new guy so the next time I go, ill just tell him what it is.. 

Appreciate the responses, some have me :lol:

There's only two shops around my way, one is a money washing spot so I try and stay away from there. My spot is money, like 6 barbers. 2 u can never get, 3 are the up and comers who are nice as hell and my guy .... :lol:

I'm gonna just go to one of the new dudes but I might tip my guy anyway as a goodbye :lol:

- It's a place where dollars can be recycled through black communities. Most of the owners of black barbershops are black men, and most of the employees are black men as well. It's a job where truly talented individuals can and do flourish. It's also a job where some who might have a felony conviction that precludes them from 'traditional' jobs can go get training and certification and create a job for themselves that pays a living wage.

- Barbershops are a place where black men can be black. Where now many blacks have 'moved on up' to gentrified or predominately white areas, the barbershop serves as a refuge where one does not need to observe professional societal norms, without worry about offending others with opinions and actions that might prove distasteful or worrisome among other groups.

-Barbershops have long served as pillars in black communities. During the Civil Rights Era, many meetings and organizations took place in black barbershops. Today, it serves the same purpose a bazaar in other countries serve. It's a place where people can gather to find out what is going on in their communities, socialize, discuss current events, etc. It also serves as a central location to help network with other small business owners.

-Black hair is

*edit* I certainly did not mean to offend or imply that somehow black barbershops are more important than others, just that the barborshop plays a unique role in the black community.

Last edited:
- It's a place where dollars can be recycled through black communities. Most of the owners of black barbershops are black men, and most of the employees are black men as well. It's a job where truly talented individuals can and do flourish. It's also a job where some who might have a felony conviction that precludes them from 'traditional' jobs can go get training and certification and create a job for themselves that pays a living wage.

- Barbershops are a place where black men can be black. Where now many blacks have 'moved on up' to gentrified or predominately white areas, the barbershop serves as a refuge where one does not need to observe professional societal norms, without worry about offending others with opinions and actions that might prove distasteful or worrisome among other groups.

-Barbershops have long served as pillars in black communities. During the Civil Rights Era, many meetings and organizations took place in black barbershops. Today, it serves the same purpose a bazaar in other countries serve. It's a place where people can gather to find out what is going on in their communities, socialize, discuss current events, etc. It also serves as a central location to help network with other small business owners.

c5d82c90_mikeb.gif

Go no contact.

Just pick another barber in the shop and act as if your old barber was never born.

No eye contact,

no daps,

no small talk,

no sport talk,

no smoke breaks.

Nothing. You walk past that man's chair without so much as a nod.

If anyone in the shop asks why you're not messing with him, you say "who? never heard of him".

If he approaches you hit him with the "I think you've got me mistaken for someone else, I've never seen you in my life".

Just like that.

Delete his number,

Throw out his business card,

Forget his name.

No contact.

And laugh boisterously, uproariously at your new barber's jokes, tell him things you never told your old barber, tip him better.

Work on your career, hit the gym, find a hobby.

Success is the best revenge.

Last edited:
Breakin up w/ your barber sucks but trying to find a surrogate barber when you're away from home is worse. Been through some thangs trying to find the right barber. Finally did and two years later, I just started shaving my head. Didn't feel like wakin up mad early to be the first in the chair since the ol heads have seniority at my shop. Hadn't been there in over a year until recently when I took my son to get his first cut. :pimp:
Mane went through this when I went down to ATL for school ...I couldn't find one I could rock wit on a consistent basis, new shop every cut :smh: :lol:

I feel your struggle OP. There are times I go in to the shop hoping my barber ain't there so I can hit up the Mexican dude across from him :smh: got me feeling like a cheating housewife

Back
Top Bottom