NBA 2k11 Where to buy??

agree!! 2k11 just nailed it...maybe there are some "technicalities" why they cannot put all the other bench players on the old teams...i respect your opinion but you just have to see the whole picture man....

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

but what does that say about the game when your only major gripe are some random bench players missing from the line-up?not having greg ostertag shouldn't be a deal breaker.i understand where you're comin' from,we demand a high level realism and attention to detail especially in bball games cause the peeps who copped the game are pretty much all hardcore nba fans.but you have to admit,2k hit a homerun with this years game

Like I said, that's just the only corny part of it. The rest, A+, as their rating goes - that I will not deny.
happy.gif

I completed all of the Jordan challenges today which is exactly two weeks after I got the game. It took some work because I had to change some defensive settings every time I'm doing the challenges. Two of the hardest challenges IMO were "The Shrug" and "Michael's Last Dance". Stopping Clyde was very difficult to do and so does getting 4 steals against the Jazz.

I have just started playing the "MJ: Creating A Legend" mode and it's very similar to My Player which has objectives that needs to be completed every game. This does not have a rookie camp and summer circuit though with MJ starting out with a 79 Overall Rating. You know what's even better? The annoying 2K Insider is not in this mode. 
laugh.gif
NBA 2K11 is indeed the best basketball game ever.

That's about it. I'm off to create a Legend in a Trail Blazers jersey.
pimp.gif

is it just my cd or is it a major glitch? in My Player mode, when i do Scrimmage, it does not Quit. Like after the time runs out and the game is done, myplayer would just be walking perpetualy towards the end of the court. Then when i press start, i couldnt quit. hows this?

Originally Posted by kingferic

I completed all of the Jordan challenges today which is exactly two weeks after I got the game. It took some work because I had to change some defensive settings every time I'm doing the challenges. Two of the hardest challenges IMO were "The Shrug" and "Michael's Last Dance". Stopping Clyde was very difficult to do and so does getting 4 steals against the Jazz.

I have just started playing the "MJ: Creating A Legend" mode and it's very similar to My Player which has objectives that needs to be completed every game. This does not have a rookie camp and summer circuit though with MJ starting out with a 79 Overall Rating. You know what's even better? The annoying 2K Insider is not in this mode. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
In the defensive matchups screen, I assigned Pippen to guard Drexler (so that I can conserve MJ's stamina without worrying about Drexler) and set the defensive pressure to Tight, double team=always, then deny him the ball. 
You can also do the same against the Hawks (Wilkins).

This worked great for me. HTH
smile.gif

^already done with all the challenges bro, I did the same thing before with the Defensive settings. Only difference is that I assigned Grant to guard Drexler, worked better for me.

Originally Posted by JonT

Originally Posted by kingferic

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
In the defensive matchups screen, I assigned Pippen to guard Drexler (so that I can conserve MJ's stamina without worrying about Drexler) and set the defensive pressure to Tight, double team=always, then deny him the ball. 
You can also do the same against the Hawks (Wilkins).

This worked great for me. HTH
smile.gif
Hhhmmm..that's exactly what I did, then once I completed everything else (35 points 1st half, 6 three pointers, etc.), I guarded Drexler. Hehehe. 
Still not done with the challenges though...kinda lazy sometimes. Hahahaha. 

I LOVE THE MY PLAYER MODE!!!!

so i finished my rookie year,i lost the ROY award to john wall by .1 statistical point
mad.gif
  and finished the year with averages of 16 pts 8 boards 3 dimes half a steal and half a block.i did take my memphis grizzlies to the playoffs as the 7th seed.made it to the finals and actually swept the miami heat.my guy was finals mvp with a line of 26 pts 11 boards 3 dimes 1 block and 1 steal.it was cool to see the white house visit photo montage,definitely a nice reward to winning it all in this years game.starting the new season,i got the choice to play for a new team.my choices were chicago,washington,atlanta or stay with the grizzlies.

"in this fall,man,this is very tough.um,in this fall i'm gonna take my talents to chicago and join the chicago bulls."

bad decision.

d.rose is a total ball-hog,he wouldn't pass me the ball even if i asked for it
laugh.gif
boozer and noah grabs all the boards and i can't get my normal amount of shots.my guys stay in chicago lasts all of 6 games.i ask for a trade and insist on going to the knicks.i get a message from management saying they're gonna do their best to satisfy my trade demand but will take the best offer available for the betterment of the team.2 games later i get shipped to a rebuilding suns team for steve nash.the suns were 1-7 with jason williams at the point,caron butler starting at the 4,j-rich at the 2 and a 39 year old shaq in the middle.my guy is the main man of the team.in the pre-game intros my player is even the one highlighted.the team is a hyper run-and-gun team with absolutely no regard on D.we go on a 7 game wining streak and get over the .500 mark for the 1st time this season.my guy is rated 89 with a stat line of 26 points 13 boards 5 dimes 2 and a half blocks and half a steal.

then it happened.

i got a message from JB saying i've proved myself to them so they're giving me my own shoe
pimp.gif
i only got to select the color combos and name the shoe but man i felt a genuine thrill seeing my own sig J
laugh.gif
doris burke even mentioned she talked to my player before the game and told her that he was gonna breakout his sig shoes in that game.then the commentators said "those are some nice looking shoes,flashy,flashy."

sorry for the long read fellas,i just feel 2k11 is so satisfying for hardcore bball fans this year,i can't put it down.

just a heads up. the annoying black screen glitch is back! happened to me a while ago when i saved the game in my player mode because i had to do some stuff. then when i got back home and loaded it there it was. just a word of caution to other 2k11 ballers.

Originally Posted by ML500

just a heads up. the annoying black screen glitch is back! happened to me a while ago when i saved the game in my player mode because i had to do some stuff. then when i got back home and loaded it there it was. just a word of caution to other 2k11 ballers.
same thing happened to me. good thing i've got a backup save file.

Originally Posted by JonT

Originally Posted by ML500

same thing happened to me. good thing i've got a backup save file
same thing happend to me too..its sucks...i was playing MJ: Creating a Legend and after i load the saved game, black screen appears...so i had to go back from scratch..

1-5 in my association (using the 91 Lakers)  .. I'm horrible at this game...  yet its so addicting.  Can't pass the damn ball to save my life

thats ayt man. same here EVERY team is kicking my *** bigtime. but i still get a kick out of playing just for fun. missing my player though. that patch has to come out soon. i don't want to start over as a rook again.

@airjobo - the game downloaded an update a while ago but sadly it didn't do anything about the black screen in my player. but that's with my 360

Who plays online? I need to put together a group of players for a tournament my buddy is setting up. DM please!

i'd love to join you but im guessing you're on the ps3 network. too bad for me

anyone still playing this game?

i usually dload nba today or have regular updates since my console (ps3) is always connected to the net, but since last fridays nba today, the game has been freezing in the part wherein the 30 nba team logos appear. tried my cousin's cd and still freezes. has anyone experienced this? deleted all my files connected to the game but still freezes.

Back
Top Bottom