NBA Draft Discussion Thread

I head Rod Thorn or Kiki for the Nets...

4 days...
devil.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

i think i read wade was gonna represent the heat too.
The Heat again will attempt procurement-by-player at the NBA Draft lottery.

After putting forward Caron Butler on stage at the 2003 drawing and winding up with Dwyane Wade, the Heat confirmed Monday that Wade will represent the team at next Tuesday's drawing in Secaucus, N.J.

Wade, who has been rehabilitating his left knee in Chicago, will represent the Heat during the televised portion of the May 20 process, which begins at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN.

Behind the scenes, where the actual drawing will take place 2 1/2 hours in advance, the Heat will be represented by Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations Andy Elisburg, who filled a similar role when the Heat emerged in 2002 with the pick that turned into Butler and in 2003 with the selection utilized on Wade.

This will be the Heat's first lottery appearance since 2003, with the process limited to teams that have failed to advance to the playoffs.

In addition to Wade, other players already announced as team representatives for the televised portion of the lottery are Seattle forward Kevin Durant and Memphis forward Rudy Gay.

The lottery determines the order of first 14 selections for June 26 NBA Draft.

With league-worst 15-67 record, Heat is guaranteed no worse than the No. 4 selection. It has a 25-percent chance at the No. 1 pick, a 46.5-percent chance of one of the first two picks and 64.3-percent chance of one of first three picks in the random-but-weighted process.
[h5]Lottery party set[/h5]The Heat announced formal plans for its lottery party, with free admission and parking for the event at AmericanAirlines Arena that runs May 20 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. ...

Because it will play exhibitions in Paris and London, the Heat has been granted permission to open its training camp, its first under new coach Erik Spoelstra, Sept. 26.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspheat13sbmay13,0,1884836.story?track=rss

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I can really see OJ Mayo going to the Heat... Him and D Wade can beast together.. But IDK we'll see.

Maybe if they can petition to play with an extra ball....

Hell no...Margie Parilo is representing the Kings? I played HS ball w/ her son John and they live down the street.
laugh.gif

Amazing.

Hey Margie doesn't play around...she didn't get picked by accident
laugh.gif
That woman is so well connected, I'm afraid to say anymore about her on theinternet.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

I hear that Fred Hoiberg will be goin for the Wolves
pimp.gif
even funnier than sacramento's
roll.gif

He's a part of the organization...Assistant General manager to be exact...don't really see what's so funny

Yeah...actually...I'm 100% positive that she was *selected* and not awarded as some contest winner.

Family was ALWAYS pullin strings....
laugh.gif

Burn -- You guys in Davis this week?...I'm home...sushi buffet?

I have a weird feeling the TWOLVES are going to land the number one, with the Knicks 2, Heat 3, Memphis 4, Seattle 5. I hope the Knicks get top 3 at least.

^^i was thinking something along those lines as well. Teams like the Bulls, Clippers, Memphis grabs that #1...its been like that for a while now

Fred Hoiberg was always money in 2K. Give the ball to the Mayor, throw it to KG in the post, Mayor's man helps double KG, and just pass it back to theMayor for the 3. I swear dude was at least 95% on 3 pt. when I used him.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Fred Hoiberg was always money in 2K. Give the ball to the Mayor, throw it to KG in the post, Mayor's man helps double KG, and just pass it back to the Mayor for the 3. I swear dude was at least 95% on 3 pt. when I used him.

Hoiberg used to drop 40 on me everytime I played Live while KG would score 10
smh.gif

But back to the topic if the Grizzlies get the number 2 pick and Beasley was taking number 1, do they draft another point guard?

laugh.gif
if the Grizz take Lopez @ 2.

That's a great question though...you GOTTA think they keep Rose in Memphis and move Conley/Lowry.

That's a great question though...you GOTTA think they keep Rose in Memphis and move Conley/Lowry.
I think you move Conley and get someone of value in return due to Conley being more of a potential franchise pg than Lowry. Lowry's good tobring off the bench cause dude brings energy/that spark you need for your 2nd string guys.

If Rose is available at the 2nd pick with the Grizzlies then they're taking him regardless. They would more than likely package Conley or Lowry with somemore players or picks to get them a starting SG or PF. If they can get someone like Childress or Pietrus in FA, then more than likely they would package one ofthose two and something else to grab a solid PF. I can see the Blazers trading Aldridge for Conley and extras to have a Conley/Oden reunion.

^^^ I can't. If they Blazers are going to even entertain the idiotic idea of trading Aldridge they are going to want a proven PG.

I have a weird feeling the TWOLVES are going to land the number one, with the Knicks 2, Heat 3, Memphis 4, Seattle 5. I hope the Knicks get top 3 at least.
pimp.gif

Believe it or not though in their long and storied history of being in Draft lotteries, the Twolves have NEVER moved up from their ping pong position.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

If Rose is available at the 2nd pick with the Grizzlies then they're taking him regardless. They would more than likely package Conley or Lowry with some more players or picks to get them a starting SG or PF. If they can get someone like Childress or Pietrus in FA, then more than likely they would package one of those two and something else to grab a solid PF. I can see the Blazers trading Aldridge for Conley and extras to have a Conley/Oden reunion.

I think they would move Conley before Lowry if they do take Rose IMO. Lowry would be cheaper to keep and they would get more value trading Conley. Idon't see the trading happening anytime soon, probably closer to trade deadline if anything.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Zachary Feinstein
nerd.gif

Please, PLEASE, let Minnesota move up, for once.

Derrick Rose/Michael Beasley + Al Jeff-Foye-McCants =
pimp.gif

seriously man, it's gotta be Rose/Beasley/Mayo + Big Al + Foye
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom