** NBA Feet - '10-'11 **

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by NobleKane

gil is definately getting these shoes from his own personal collection and NOT from various companies to promote as stated by one banned member in this thread
laugh.gif
pretty cool that hes choosing to wear whatever he wants. Something tells me it wont last too long once he gets into the playoffs
I believe it's a mix of both, as he also stated in a quick interview that companies are sending him stuff, but he personally is choosing what he wants to wear, and that it's bringing him back to his days playing ball in high school
found the interview from SC with gilbert for you guys
Zac Dubasik: On all the forums and blogs this year, everyone has been excited to see what you wear every game. Since you don’t have a deal this year, we’ve seen you in everything from Jordan running shoes, to Garnett 3s the other night, to D&Gs. Being a fan of sneakers, what’s it like to be able to wear whatever you want in a given night?

Gilbert Arenas: It feels great. It reminds me of when I was in high school. You just go to the store, and buy the shoes that you like. Since I don’t have a deal this year, I just want to wear what I want to wear. You know, I just want to go out there and play in what I feel like, the shoes that I like, and the shoes that I’ve collected over the years. There’ve been companies that have been trying to get me to sign, but I don’t want to sign this year. I just want to play basketball, and feel like a kid again. If you send me your shoes, and I like ‘em, I’ll wear ‘em!

Is that an invitation to anyone that wants to send you stuff?

Yeah! I got shoes that came from YSL. They sent me a shoe to wear. Louis Vuitton sent me a shoe to wear. [laughs] You know, everyone wants to get into it, because I guess I was the first person to wear fashion shoes on the court.

What made you decide to pull out the Space Jams tonight?

I didn’t feel like breaking open any new shoes. I’ve already played in those Space Jams. I still have at least 20 or 30 pairs of shoes that I haven’t cracked open, so I wanted to give them some time to try them out.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by NobleKane

gil is definately getting these shoes from his own personal collection and NOT from various companies to promote as stated by one banned member in this thread
laugh.gif
pretty cool that hes choosing to wear whatever he wants. Something tells me it wont last too long once he gets into the playoffs
I believe it's a mix of both, as he also stated in a quick interview that companies are sending him stuff, but he personally is choosing what he wants to wear, and that it's bringing him back to his days playing ball in high school
found the interview from SC with gilbert for you guys
Zac Dubasik: On all the forums and blogs this year, everyone has been excited to see what you wear every game. Since you don’t have a deal this year, we’ve seen you in everything from Jordan running shoes, to Garnett 3s the other night, to D&Gs. Being a fan of sneakers, what’s it like to be able to wear whatever you want in a given night?

Gilbert Arenas: It feels great. It reminds me of when I was in high school. You just go to the store, and buy the shoes that you like. Since I don’t have a deal this year, I just want to wear what I want to wear. You know, I just want to go out there and play in what I feel like, the shoes that I like, and the shoes that I’ve collected over the years. There’ve been companies that have been trying to get me to sign, but I don’t want to sign this year. I just want to play basketball, and feel like a kid again. If you send me your shoes, and I like ‘em, I’ll wear ‘em!

Is that an invitation to anyone that wants to send you stuff?

Yeah! I got shoes that came from YSL. They sent me a shoe to wear. Louis Vuitton sent me a shoe to wear. [laughs] You know, everyone wants to get into it, because I guess I was the first person to wear fashion shoes on the court.

What made you decide to pull out the Space Jams tonight?

I didn’t feel like breaking open any new shoes. I’ve already played in those Space Jams. I still have at least 20 or 30 pairs of shoes that I haven’t cracked open, so I wanted to give them some time to try them out.

thanks for the pics guys!

would be dope to see gil wear some zoom flight ones. if that ever retros and the first team jordans re-retro, im all over it.

thanks for the pics guys!

would be dope to see gil wear some zoom flight ones. if that ever retros and the first team jordans re-retro, im all over it.

Back
Top Bottom