NBA Feet: 2011-2012

Originally Posted by BaldGrill

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Jordans are garbage for ball
laugh.gif
agreed, especially retro's. 
people who say that they're great for ball are delusional. they're just wearing the shoes for style. they want people to say "look, he's wearin the XI's, or V's" or whatever. look at how much hype this a player gets when he breaks out retro's..

inb4 %@#$ storm 
happy.gif
^yup. my older brother plays ABA ball and has been wearing retro jordans to play ball in for a long time. always told him they aren't built like they used to be, but he'd wear his 09 space jams to play anyway. and of course, his feet, shins, and knees started giving him problems a couple months back. the doc told him he needed to stop playing in these retros because they aren't built for basketball. he's since switched to some hyperdunks and all his problems vanished.

like my dude said, anyone who thinks these recent retros are great for ball are delusional. they're barely comfortable enough for casual wear
laugh.gif
well said. its fine to play in them maybe once a month just for an hour or two but if you plan on wearing these to play in everyday then like i said before i feel bad for your feet. i got some hyperfuse, great shoes but the zoom air aint that great in them. if i wear them more than one day in a row i start feeling it in my heel and knees.

once i start wearing my kobes everyday thats honestly on of the shoes i can wear everyday no problem.

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by Mr Rogers

Gotta keep in mind, most NTers don't ball and are very unathletic.

I agree with this. They simply look at shoes, then want to have an opinion on them, as if they know what to do in them in the first place.
I play in Jordan's all the time, and I love my retro's. Never mind these thirsty dudes around here. I have a feeling that this is what most of these so called experts look like anyway...

Fat big mouthed mofo's...
sick.gif

roll.gif
Disgusting.
sick.gif
  Fats in the Angels fitted. Son look like he sweats Crisco.
sick.gif

Gotta keep in mind, most NTers don't ball and are very unathletic.

I agree with this. They simply look at shoes, then want to have an opinion on them, as if they know what to do in them in the first place.
I play in Jordan's all the time, and I love my retro's. Never mind these thirsty dudes around here. I have a feeling that this is what most of these so called experts look like anyway...

sick.gif

roll.gif
Disgusting.
sick.gif
� Fats in the Angels fitted. �Son look like he sweats Crisco.
sick.gif
They are Nike Talk members as well. 
Whenever I see pics of who is actually on here on Face Book and otherwise, I cringe when I see these experts on footwear, knowing full well that they are not qualified to suggest a pair of socks, let alone question the wearability of a pair of shoes, those that are meant to be played in. These are the guys I love seeing in the gym, waiting for next in their new fresh gearwaiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

al3x89 wrote:
BaldGrill wrote:
princess feet and all, i'm pretty sure i could survive a day of open gym runs with chuck taylors on, that doesn't mean they're suitable for balling in every day.

QFT

retro's aren't meant to be played in. some of you have seen me post in the kobe threads, i swear by those shoes. if nike retro'd the 4's, 5's or even the 6's, i wouldn't wear them to play ball. shoot around? sure. but the way i play, no way. i play hard. i shoot, dunk, slash, grab boards. the last thing i need is for a shoe to give out on me when i'm about to land, or cut hard to the basket. 

think about this guys, use some logic here. you really think JB invests time/money into making their RETRO'S a sneaker to be used on the court? hell no. they're trying to maximize their profit, they just want money. they know that their retro's are gonna sell out within hours and they know that 99% of the people who buy them aren't stupid enough to wear them on the court.

that being said, the modern JB's aren't that great to ball in either. i bought the jordan 23's and never again. i didn't feel safe at all playing in them i had to change my shoes once i got to the bench. 

simply put, jordan's suck for ball. if these retro's were so great, why aren't more players wearing them? in 2011, i think i've seen 2-3 people balling in retro's around my city (and i play a lot, almost every day). and they didn't even mean to wear them for ball. they just came to the gym and forgot to bring their real shoes. 

and you can't even use the argument of "people having different feet" .. people wear them for style and that's it. 

Many college players (NOT ONLY the colleges that wear Jordan brand either) are wearing retros and NBA players, and I know they play way more ball then any of us.  Keep in mind KOBE and LEBRON shoes are NOT the ONLY new shoes out, there are many shoes that have little to no comfort.  Real talk, do you guys even watch the games?  Even the man Jordan himself wore his retros and other players then and now.  Yeah that different fee comment is VERY valid.  Why do you think you have people talking about the oh so great LOCK DOWN everyone swears by is too tight to the point of causing blisters (Kobe/Lebron thread anyone).  What works for one person might not work for another or vice versa.  Sure "ideally" one would think that newer means better, but lets face it a lot of newer kicks have been cutting corners.
I just always thought the retros the pros wore were of better fit and quality than the pairs for mass production... I played in a pair of my OG AJ XII's and a retro pair of AJ XII's weeks after.... BIG difference.... and I seen a pair of Gary Payton PE XII's from back in the day in person... it is not the same construction as the "public consumption" pairs in stores....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

al3x89 wrote:

QFT

retro's aren't meant to be played in. some of you have seen me post in the kobe threads, i swear by those shoes. if nike retro'd the 4's, 5's or even the 6's, i wouldn't wear them to play ball. shoot around? sure. but the way i play, no way. i play hard. i shoot, dunk, slash, grab boards. the last thing i need is for a shoe to give out on me when i'm about to land, or cut hard to the basket. 

think about this guys, use some logic here. you really think JB invests time/money into making their RETRO'S a sneaker to be used on the court? hell no. they're trying to maximize their profit, they just want money. they know that their retro's are gonna sell out within hours and they know that 99% of the people who buy them aren't stupid enough to wear them on the court.

that being said, the modern JB's aren't that great to ball in either. i bought the jordan 23's and never again. i didn't feel safe at all playing in them i had to change my shoes once i got to the bench. 

simply put, jordan's suck for ball. if these retro's were so great, why aren't more players wearing them? in 2011, i think i've seen 2-3 people balling in retro's around my city (and i play a lot, almost every day). and they didn't even mean to wear them for ball. they just came to the gym and forgot to bring their real shoes. 

and you can't even use the argument of "people having different feet" .. people wear them for style and that's it. 

Many college players (NOT ONLY the colleges that wear Jordan brand either) are wearing retros and NBA players, and I know they play way more ball then any of us.  Keep in mind KOBE and LEBRON shoes are NOT the ONLY new shoes out, there are many shoes that have little to no comfort.  Real talk, do you guys even watch the games?  Even the man Jordan himself wore his retros and other players then and now.  Yeah that different fee comment is VERY valid.  Why do you think you have people talking about the oh so great LOCK DOWN everyone swears by is too tight to the point of causing blisters (Kobe/Lebron thread anyone).  What works for one person might not work for another or vice versa.  Sure "ideally" one would think that newer means better, but lets face it a lot of newer kicks have been cutting corners.
I just always thought the retros the pros wore were of better fit and quality than the pairs for mass production... I played in a pair of my OG AJ XII's and a retro pair of AJ XII's weeks after.... BIG difference.... and I seen a pair of Gary Payton PE XII's from back in the day in person... it is not the same construction as the "public consumption" pairs in stores....
ohwell.gif

Yes, they were the same. The OG GR XII's were constructed to be destroyed, worn into the ground, hard core build, original lasts and materials. The GR retro pairs were cut down, made more flexible, are there were small differences in weight and construction. The Player Exclusives from that line of that years retro XII were, and are, exactly the same as the GR, outside of the lasts that were used, then perhaps minor materials that do not make a difference in the shoes structure such as the top lace hole. However, they all played the same. It wasn't like if you played in the GR, that you were going to get injured, as what some here are claiming will happen if you play in the retro's of today, especially in light of what happened to Tyreke Evans last year and Steph Curry this and last year, with these newer and high tech Nike shoes, that are supposedly superior.
That's just plain rubbish, probably just like their game.

laugh.gif

sick.gif

roll.gif
Disgusting.
sick.gif
sick.gif
They are Nike Talk members as well.�
Whenever I see pics of who is actually on here on Face Book and otherwise, I cringe when I see these experts on footwear, knowing full well that they are not qualified to suggest a pair of socks, let alone question the wearability of a pair of shoes, those that are meant to be played in. These are the guys I love seeing in the gym, waiting for next in their�new fresh gear,�waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting.....
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Yo, when that happens at my gym, I be feelin' somewhat sorry for them. One cat today came with the Kobe set and matching Kobe's.  Those type of cats have the biggest bullseyes on their backs. The opposition treats games with them like it's Game 7 of the Finals. Me, all I need is a basic Old Navy T-shirt, some Nike dr-fit shorts, bummy socks, semi-bummy kicks.

I've worn many retros on the court, and I've had no issues at all. it's all in your heads guys. We focus on the tech aspect too heavily in this day and age.

Man can we please get back to the point of this thread! Save the pissing contest for another place. This has really ruined this thread!

roll.gif
Disgusting.
sick.gif
sick.gif
Whenever I see pics of who is actually on here on Face Book and otherwise, I cringe when I see these experts on footwear, knowing full well that they are not qualified to suggest a pair of socks, let alone question the wearability of a pair of shoes, those that are meant to be played in. These are the guys I love seeing in the gym, waiting for next in their�new fresh gear,�waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting.....
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Yo, when that happens at my gym, I be feelin' somewhat sorry for them. One cat today came with the Kobe set and matching Kobe's. �Those type of cats have the biggest bullseyes on their backs. �The opposition treats games with them like it's Game 7 of the Finals. �Me, all I need is a basic Old Navy T-shirt, some Nike dr-fit shorts, bummy socks, semi-bummy kicks. �
Pathetic, isn't it?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
Yo, when that happens at my gym, I be feelin' somewhat sorry for them. One cat today came with the Kobe set and matching Kobe's. �Those type of cats have the biggest bullseyes on their backs. �The opposition treats games with them like it's Game 7 of the Finals. �Me, all I need is a basic Old Navy T-shirt, some Nike dr-fit shorts, bummy socks, semi-bummy kicks. �
Pathetic, isn't it?
laugh.gif

It is my dude.  And of course he waited a good bit, then got torched.  Not pretty. 
laugh.gif

I've worn many retros on the court, and I've had no issues at all. it's all in your heads guys. We focus on the tech aspect too heavily in this day and age.

good for you, still doesnt mean they are good for balling. they are terrible, period.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

good for you, still doesnt mean they are good for balling. they are terrible, period.
Ok we get it, you think retroes suck for ball. Its not a fact though, its opinion. Not everyone has a pair of girl's feet.
laugh.gif

Jk, but seriously, whats comfy to you might not be comfy to someone else. At the end of the day, quality woes aside, they are still basketball shoes.

Any body got a clue as to when this season's HWC authentic jerseys will be available for purchase?

I know you could probably purchase the Floridians Swingman last night at the arena, but I want an Authentic.

D-Will wearing Hyperdunk lows? what happened to the Hyperfuse players? Only RW is left. Rondo switched to Hyperforce. tsk3x.

Thanks for posting pics from the Nets game. I was trying to make out what D-Will was wearing but I couldn't tell. I wonder if he's fully off the hyperfuse, or this was just a temporary thing?

those miami jerseys are amazing, if only he would've busted out the south beachs with those
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jst628

those miami jerseys are amazing, if only he would've busted out the south beachs with those
pimp.gif
Or the Miami Nights 9 with the pink laces would have been a good choice too.

Back
Top Bottom