NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Jennings just BLASTED Rubio.

I agree with BJ tho, Rubio hasn't worked out for any teams. Its likehes scared to do something.

Jennings is a moron who just needs to shut up.

what's he get out of talkin smack at this point?

He doesn't get anything out of it, but what does he lose? I'm in agreement only because I do not think this hype is warranted for Rubio. I pick BJ overhim any day of the week even with his attitude questions.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Gregory House

Psycho T thinks he's a lottery pick.
manamazing will cream in his pants if this happens.
Psycho T actually thinks he's a top 10 pick, which is kinda funny.

Anything so that the Mavericks don't draft that lame dude.
laugh.gif
Haha just saw him on rome, he was talkin about how good his mid range jumper was and that he had a really good 3ball too
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

I agree with BJ tho, Rubio hasn't worked out for any teams. Its likehes scared to do something.
Scared to do what??? no workout could drop his stock unless he has brain tumor.
laugh.gif

Nters talking out of ignorance.

and BJ played Rubio with one had in a cast, did jennings even play in that game. Also dude talking smack bout his jumpshot, BJ's jumper is TERRIBLE,Rubio's at least goes in, he just doesn't get alot of lift.

To be honest BJ has as much talent as Rubio and vice verca, it's all going to depend what situation they end up in. I think both of them would be terriblepoints to have come off the bench and If they get stuck in that role early in their career it could be curtins.

he has a plethora of idiotic, useless quotes since he's been in the spotlight.

He acts like a *%%$$!*, when he falls outa the lottery he only has himself to blame.

One or two teams may end up wanting the kid, but IMO most exec's and scouts do not want that clown running their team in the future.

Using shooting as his main point of why he's better?
laugh.gif

If Ricky Rubio is all hype, what in the world can Brandon Jennings be?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

he has a plethora of idiotic, useless quotes since he's been in the spotlight.

He acts like a *%%$$!*, when he falls outa the lottery he only has himself to blame.

One or two teams may end up wanting the kid, but IMO most exec's and scouts do not want that clown running their team in the future.

Using shooting as his main point of why he's better?
laugh.gif

ZING!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Scared to do what??? no workout could drop his stock unless he has brain tumor.
laugh.gif

Nters talking out of ignorance.

and BJ played Rubio with one had in a cast, did jennings even play in that game. Also dude talking smack bout his jumpshot, BJ's jumper is TERRIBLE, Rubio's at least goes in, he just doesn't get alot of lift.

To be honest BJ has as much talent as Rubio and vice verca, it's all going to depend what situation they end up in. I think both of them would be terrible points to have come off the bench and If they get stuck in that role early in their career it could be curtins.
Saw Jennings working out, he hit about 45/50 NBA 3's....running to half court after each one.....with a dude in his ear trying to distracthim. That would be up there with the top shooters in the league. Not saying that translates to games, or his jumper is proven, but he will surprise somepeople. And there is no way Rubio would come close to that. And yes, Rubio is not working out because it can only drop his stock at this point.

grin.gif

shooting in an individual workout means next to nothing.

I've seen Tay Fisher seemingly not miss for an hour straight and he can't get an overseas gig.

grin.gif

I've seen Tay Fisher seemingly not miss for an hour straight and he can't get an overseas gig.

Exactly.

Look at Tyreke Evans workout with the Kings. He was draining jumper after jumper. Also, how can Rubio workout anyway and he has Eurocamp? He's stillworking on this buyout agreement, so he should wait before working out with any team. We will see how good these PG's turn out to be though. I have yet tobe disappointed by a Spain prospect that has high hopes.

I just have a feeling that Rubio is going to let his game do the talking. Jennings will probably mess his chances up in the league by doing something stupidanyways.
eyes.gif

grin.gif

You should tell the NBA people that, save them the time they waste having players shoot in workouts.

Rubio has NOTHING to gain from working out... Why would he? I very seriously doubt it has anything to do with being scared... He's the #2 prospect on theboard, and there's nowhere to go but down... I have a hard time believing he'd see his stock crash in any circumstances, but even still, why take thechance? He's not the only prospect refusing workouts with other players...

It's not being scared. It's good business... Why take the chance of being picked apart and being put under the microscope? We see it EVERY season inevery professional sports draft... Whatever small gains he makes from proving himself in workouts is NOT worth the risks. Not in any way, shape, or form...

If Jennings were in this position, where he didn't have to go workout to prove he belonged, he wouldn't be taking those chances either. And if he sayshe would, he's either lying or his agent would need to be fired...

i had a vision about the lakers off season
Trade Bynum and there 1st round pick to thunder for there 3rd pick and draft Rubio
Thunder want the kid from uconn but he's a project, i'm sure they wouldn't mind Bynum, plus thunder already got a solid pg in Westbrook.
With the money Lakers save by trading Bynum they can sign both Ariza and Odom.
And bring Shaq back!!! of course he will need to take a paycut if he wants to play for the Lakers again.

before i get hated on just know i've been smoking all day so forgive me
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Trade Bynum and there 1st round pick to thunder for there 3rd pick and draft Rubio
Thunder want the kid from uconn but he's a project, i'm sure they wouldn't mind Bynum, plus thunder already got a solid pg in Westbrook.
And bring Shaq back!!! of course he will need to take a paycut if he wants to play for the Lakers again.

pimp.gif
Things like this make me hate NikeTalk sometimes.

And yeah, your trade proposal is weak.

At best, right now Bynum is a decent-to-good Center with a fat contract that no one wants any part of.

To be honest BJ has as much talent as Rubio and vice verca

I think BJ has more raw talent than Rubio.

True. He definitely is more hyped than BJ though and you have to ask is it justified. I've never been 100% sold on BJ as a PG and I still choose him in aheartbeat over Rubio.

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

pimp.gif
Things like this make me hate NikeTalk sometimes.

And yeah, your trade proposal is weak.

At best, right now Bynum is a decent-to-good Center with a fat contract that no one wants any part of.
Not to mention that there is no way that Shaq takes a paycut. He has a guaranteed contract.

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

grin.gif

You should tell the NBA people that, save them the time they waste having players shoot in workouts.
my point was, you put ANY highly skilled player in a gym by themselves, they're not missing many.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

To be honest BJ has as much talent as Rubio and vice verca

I think BJ has more raw talent than Rubio.

True. He definitely is more hyped than BJ though and you have to ask is it justified. I've never been 100% sold on BJ as a PG and I still choose him in a heartbeat over Rubio.
How much does it pay being the head of NT's international scouting department? I imagine it must be hard traveling all the time and watchingRicky play.
indifferent.gif

nah, he's got talent. (but I'd ask is he more talented than Sebestain was?)

I just see him as Terrell Owens, Stephon Marbury like...without as much talent.

I wouldn't wana put up with him.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I think he's more talented than Bassy
Oh definitely, I never really question his talent, but dude's attitude is just EH to me.

I know I'm probably crazy in saying this but he reminds me a lot of Michael Beasley's personality. (Except Beasley is a clueless).

Back
Top Bottom