NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

It would be a sad move to see someone trade for JO at 23 mill a year.
tired.gif

Just because of his contract and freeing up for 10. What the hell are teams going to do after 10? For like 4 years now, this is all they have planned for. They gon be lost.
laugh.gif

Ariza's salary may triple.

Trevor Ariza has played well for the Lakers during their run to the NBA Finals and will hit the free agent market this summer.
Ariza earned $2.9 million this season, and many expect him to earn a long-term deal.

Frank Zicarelli of the Toronto Sun writes that at the very least a team will likely offer Ariza a deal worth the mid-level exception.

He added, "there's also a school of thought that believes Ariza may be able to triple and perhaps even quadruple his salary in a long-term deal."

Via Toronto Sun

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59730/20090610/ariza_could_triple_his_current_salary/#
Nosecret that Trevor is going to get a big pay raise which he deserves. I hope he stays.

I wont be surprised if Morrison/Farmar and or Luke are gone to keep Shannon/Lamar but most importantly Trevor

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by parada45

I love Jamison but we are not winning a Championship with our current big 3

We couldn't beat LBJ by himself

Amare is a Big man and can check players in the east like Garnett/ D12

The Wiz are trying to move Jamison/Butler and it sounds like they are leaning towards Jamison

But not both right?

Trading those two, either of them is not the answer IMO. They are two GREAT pieces to what could be a future. What they need is someone to lead that team, and Gilbert has been to injury ridden to do anything about that.

I honestly think if Arenas can get back into his MVP shape he was in a few years ago, this team could be DANGEROUS.

I'd give them one more year. If they don't make any kind of noise, or if Gil is injured again, blow it up.

The vibe coming from DC when Gil was healthy and they were fighting in the playoffs was NUTS, made me envious of their chemistry.

as a wizards fan it hurts me to see these injuries occur, but that's the NBA for you right? i'll give them 1 more year to stick together and be healthy altogether as a squad. we can do it foreal...

As a Rockets fan I can tell you first hand thinking that way more times than naught leads to big disappointment
frown.gif

Kobe gon need to take a IBG pay cut to keep both Odom and Ariza and maybe even Brown if we can't find someone to take Walton from us.

And the chances of that are slim.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Kobe gon need to take a IBG pay cut to keep both Odom and Ariza and maybe even Brown if we can't find someone to take Walton from us.

And the chances of that are slim.
smh.gif
Package Luke with this years 1st rounder for a 2015 2nd rounder

do it Mitch

laugh.gif

Well, Kobe said he would take less money, Odom said he would take less money........but I'll beleive it when I see them both signed for actual less money.
eyes.gif

That's one of my questions about Bron, why is he going to demand top penny when he wants to win so bad and multiple rings at that? Getting the topcontract he can get hinders that, does it not? Or does he figure, Him + one more star + 10 role players will be enough? The whole 2010 combo plus ten packageI guess huh?

Seems like the League's biggest weed smokers could all be on the move: J. Howard, Z Randolph, Iverson, and Sheed. Let's get them all on the same team,and it will be a major
pimp.gif
fest.

It would be a sad move to see someone trade for JO at 23 mill a year.
tired.gif

Just because of his contract and freeing up for 10. What the hell are teams going to do after 10? For like 4 years now, this is all they have planned for. They gon be lost.
laugh.gif
i wouldnt mind keeping him for another year to let him get used to the system... him and moon was a good trade for us.....

^
And thas fine, a basketball move, intergrate a team, let them play, learn the system etc etc.

But teams linin up to trade for a guy simply to let him go the next year is just sad. 2 mil a year guys maybe, but 23 mill? Sucks that the NBA putsthemselves in this spot.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so the mavs want the 5th pick to take hill? that means dirk is been traded for playing SF cause hill is NOT a center. or they want someone else and just throwing hills name out there. i hope its the 2nd part
I'm not big on Hill, but I think he could play next to Dirk for 15-20 minutes a game starting out... They play Bass and Dirk together forGod's sake...
laugh.gif
Hill is 6'10+ with a 7'2" wingspan anda 9' standing reach, so it ain't like his size is gonna be a problem... And there's been reports that more than a handful of teams think Hill couldplay center on the next level, so... Who knows...

He definitely wouldn't be my first choice in that spot, but I could live with it... I'd rather have Harden, Tyreke Evans, or Rubio, but Hill isprobably the best big man in the draft after Blake, depending on how you feel about Hasheem...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so the mavs want the 5th pick to take hill? that means dirk is been traded for playing SF cause hill is NOT a center. or they want someone else and just throwing hills name out there. i hope its the 2nd part
I'm not big on Hill, but I think he could play next to Dirk for 15-20 minutes a game starting out... They play Bass and Dirk together for God's sake...
laugh.gif
Hill is 6'10+ with a 7'2" wingspan and a 9' standing reach, so it ain't like his size is gonna be a problem... And there's been reports that more than a handful of teams think Hill could play center on the next level, so... Who knows...

He definitely wouldn't be my first choice in that spot, but I could live with it... I'd rather have Harden, Tyreke Evans, or Rubio, but Hill is probably the best big man in the draft after Blake, depending on how you feel about Hasheem...
You wouldn't like Thabeet on our team?
nerd.gif

I probably wouldn't like it if we got rid of Josh, but just if we could get him on our team, in a heartbeat ahead of everyone not named Blake Griffin.

Yeah, Evans and Harden are probably my first two picks, but as you mentioned, I think that Hill could play some Center in the League, having him out there withKidd sounds like fun.
pimp.gif

More than anything, I love the shot at getting two prospects this year.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You wouldn't like Thabeet on our team?
nerd.gif

I probably wouldn't like it if we got rid of Josh, but just if we could get him on our team, in a heartbeat ahead of everyone not named Blake Griffin.

Yeah, Evans and Harden are probably my first two picks, but as you mentioned, I think that Hill could play some Center in the League, having him out there with Kidd sounds like fun.
pimp.gif

More than anything, I love the shot at getting two prospects this year.
The more I look into it, and watch these guys, I just don't know that I like the fit with Thabeet... He's gonna clog the lane the same wayDampier does, and if Damp is gonna be here, we don't need another guy like that...

For me, I want a perimeter scorer before anything else... Preferrably a guy that can handle the ball and get into the paint like Tyreke... I think with him,you can stomach playing Terry at the point a little more often, because Tyreke can bring the ball up and initiate an offense for a handful of minutes a game...

Originally Posted by JDB1523

JapanAir: your take on the Jason Kidd situation? any news on that also?
Well, Nowitness lives in Dallas (or Dallas/Fort-Worth area) so he'd know a bit better than I would.

As far as I know, Kidd will most likely remain with Dallas, as not many teams can go out there and offer him a huge contract, and Cuban likes and wants himback.

PERSONALLY, I have no problems with bringing Jason back, Dirk h as played better while he's been here, and as long as Dirk's here, Kidd will probablybe too.

I really don't see any situation where Kidd leaves, because no team can put up an offer on the table that the Mavericks can't and if cash is not anissue, I don't see Kidd leaving.

Don't see Jason Kidd coming to the Lakers, even with Jordan Farmar's inconsistencies, Shannon Brown's impending free agency and Derek Fisher agingin front of our eyes.

If Kidd wants to chase a ring, maybe Boston? *shivers*

Look for the Timberwolves to make a big move in either '09 or '10....we've got the cap space and money to do it. The only thing holding us back isour small market status, but hopefully our new GM David Kahn can work some magic. This has been discussed in other threads, but there's some very minorrumors that we could be going after Marvin Williams or Ramon Sessions in the future.

^
Why go there with Rondo?

He may take less money, but I think he wants to at least play, no?

^
What if Kidd wants a ring more then a bunch of cash?
Well... Where's he gonna go?

He's not a triangle offense point guard, so the Lakers don't really make sense... He's not a guy that'll cure what ails Cleveland... Orlando,Boston, and Denver have their point guards... There aren't many teams that are closer to a title than Dallas after those 5...

And I can't imagine he's gonna get much cash from Dallas anyways... He's not a guy that's gonna see a ton of money this offseason... I'dthink he'd consider himself lucky if he got the full mid-level for a couple of years, though I think even that is stretching it...

laugh.gif

Well, Kobe said he would take less money, Odom said he would take less money........but I'll beleive it when I see them both signed for actual less money.
eyes.gif

That's one of my questions about Bron, why is he going to demand top penny when he wants to win so bad and multiple rings at that? Getting the top contract he can get hinders that, does it not? Or does he figure, Him + one more star + 10 role players will be enough? The whole 2010 combo plus ten package I guess huh?
I heard Odom is willing to take less money but when did Kobe say so? I would love to sign Ariza for 5+ years, Odom for 2-3 and Shannon for aboutthe same hes making now.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

^
What if Kidd wants a ring more then a bunch of cash?
Well... Where's he gonna go?

He's not a triangle offense point guard, so the Lakers don't really make sense... He's not a guy that'll cure what ails Cleveland... Orlando, Boston, and Denver have their point guards... There aren't many teams that are closer to a title than Dallas after those 5...

And I can't imagine he's gonna get much cash from Dallas anyways... He's not a guy that's gonna see a ton of money this offseason... I'd think he'd consider himself lucky if he got the full mid-level for a couple of years, though I think even that is stretching it...
MLE is stretching it in your opinion hu?

It's obvious he's not worth 20 million anymore, but I'd be willing to pay about 6 million a year for him, I'm not sure what the MLE is worthnowadays.

But, it sounds like you're open to keeping Kidd here? I've come around to him as well.

Back
Top Bottom