**NCAAB Feet 10/11**

ap-acaea306bdf047a496674c0f68714124.jpg

nmn6gp.jpg

Cements on my boy Hardy
pimp.gif

Like I said before, most of the guys will have hookups at local sneaker spots, especially when it comes to quickstrikes and that kind of thing. Rarely do the equipment managers get the hook up from Nike. Now, I'm not saying that Nike can't send the guys kicks directly because they have certainly done that in the past. If you look at West Virginia (where I worked for their hoops program for a couple of years, not as a manager either) those guys normally wear shoes they got on their own. Truck Bryant (Kobe IV), Casey Mitchell (Kobe V), Jonnie West (anything you can think of), and Joe Mazzulla (same kicks as Amare wears now but mostly Kobe IV's) all have kicks that they got on their own.

Even when they made their Elite 8 run a lot of guys were wearing Lebron 2's before they were issued as team shoes. They all got them on their own. Again, I'm not exactly sure how other programs are (though I know Villanova is similar) but that is how it is at WVU.

Each one of these schools (not players) has an allotment from Nike to get gear. Some teams will get kicks before other ones do. If you watch Duke, Michigan St, K-State and a couple of others, their guys will usually have the kicks Nike gives to the NCAA teams before the conference tourney. Not sure how that works but I do know the WVU equipment manager was all about getting whatever Nike gave him instead of being proactive about it and asking Nike for stuff.

Like I said before, most of the guys will have hookups at local sneaker spots, especially when it comes to quickstrikes and that kind of thing. Rarely do the equipment managers get the hook up from Nike. Now, I'm not saying that Nike can't send the guys kicks directly because they have certainly done that in the past. If you look at West Virginia (where I worked for their hoops program for a couple of years, not as a manager either) those guys normally wear shoes they got on their own. Truck Bryant (Kobe IV), Casey Mitchell (Kobe V), Jonnie West (anything you can think of), and Joe Mazzulla (same kicks as Amare wears now but mostly Kobe IV's) all have kicks that they got on their own.

Even when they made their Elite 8 run a lot of guys were wearing Lebron 2's before they were issued as team shoes. They all got them on their own. Again, I'm not exactly sure how other programs are (though I know Villanova is similar) but that is how it is at WVU.

Each one of these schools (not players) has an allotment from Nike to get gear. Some teams will get kicks before other ones do. If you watch Duke, Michigan St, K-State and a couple of others, their guys will usually have the kicks Nike gives to the NCAA teams before the conference tourney. Not sure how that works but I do know the WVU equipment manager was all about getting whatever Nike gave him instead of being proactive about it and asking Nike for stuff.

I should know this, but I just noticed it Saturday. Is Duke wearing the Hyperelite shorts? And if so, are the Twills on Eastbay the same or are they solid like last years?

I should know this, but I just noticed it Saturday. Is Duke wearing the Hyperelite shorts? And if so, are the Twills on Eastbay the same or are they solid like last years?

I tuned into the Penn State game late and upon first glance I didnt even know who it was lol
They look a lot like the girls Unis and I can say I'm a huge fan it's just nice to see something new and I feel like there are some nice parts, print on the back, buckeye leaf on the waistband.....  :ohwell:

I tuned into the Penn State game late and upon first glance I didnt even know who it was lol
They look a lot like the girls Unis and I can say I'm a huge fan it's just nice to see something new and I feel like there are some nice parts, print on the back, buckeye leaf on the waistband.....  :ohwell:

Back
Top Bottom