Need Your Advice NT! Go to Court over this?

Alright NT, heres the story.  So i went to the beach today (Belmar,NJ) with my brother since I don't get to see him that much with him having work and me having soccer and work.  So we get there, pay $7 dollars for a beach pass (
30t6p3b.gif
).  I give my brother my beach pass and he puts mine and his in his draw string bag.  After being in the water for about an hour or so, we go back to the spot where we left our towels and stuff and are confront by a old cop.  He asks to see our beach passes and my brother checks he drawstring bag and cant find the passes.  I notice there's a hole on the bottom of the bag and come to the conclusion that the passes fell out.  We showed the cop, and he starts complaining that we broke the law and got in for free...  I show him my wallet and tell him i brought $40, and there was only $33 dollars in there now.  He keeps complaining that we broke the law and I'm getting pretty heated at the guy.  Since I'm 17 , he threatens to take me to a holding cell where i would have to wait for my parents to pick me up but my brother steps in , he's 19 , and acts as my "guardian".  So he ends up giving me and my brother an $80 dollar ticket 
mad.gif
  Yes I'm mad.  Should waste my time and go to court over this? 
Mature comments would be respected.

Alright NT, heres the story.  So i went to the beach today (Belmar,NJ) with my brother since I don't get to see him that much with him having work and me having soccer and work.  So we get there, pay $7 dollars for a beach pass (
30t6p3b.gif
).  I give my brother my beach pass and he puts mine and his in his draw string bag.  After being in the water for about an hour or so, we go back to the spot where we left our towels and stuff and are confront by a old cop.  He asks to see our beach passes and my brother checks he drawstring bag and cant find the passes.  I notice there's a hole on the bottom of the bag and come to the conclusion that the passes fell out.  We showed the cop, and he starts complaining that we broke the law and got in for free...  I show him my wallet and tell him i brought $40, and there was only $33 dollars in there now.  He keeps complaining that we broke the law and I'm getting pretty heated at the guy.  Since I'm 17 , he threatens to take me to a holding cell where i would have to wait for my parents to pick me up but my brother steps in , he's 19 , and acts as my "guardian".  So he ends up giving me and my brother an $80 dollar ticket 
mad.gif
  Yes I'm mad.  Should waste my time and go to court over this? 
Mature comments would be respected.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

any receipts...or merchants who saw you buy them?

they dont give receipts, and the people that sell them sell hundreds a day, i doubt they would remember me. 

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

any receipts...or merchants who saw you buy them?

they dont give receipts, and the people that sell them sell hundreds a day, i doubt they would remember me. 

what is the letter of the law as it pertains to beach passes?

does it say that you must have physical posession of the beach pass with you while you are on the beach? does it make any mention about lost or stolen beach passes will not be replaced? i think you might be screwed here.

does it say that you must have physical posession of the beach pass with you while you are on the beach? does it make any mention about lost or stolen beach passes will not be replaced? i think you might be screwed here.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

No info on the ticket or online(that i could find) .  It would kill me to take the L on this one though, i hate how cops can do anything.

No info on the ticket or online(that i could find) .  It would kill me to take the L on this one though, i hate how cops can do anything.

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

The cop didn't just "do anything" here. You didn't have the pass which is necessary to prove that you are there legally. Since you didn't have the pass, as far as the cop is concerned, you are there illegally. On top of that, you're not helping yourself if you "get heated" in front of a cop while you appear to be breaking the law.

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

The cop didn't just "do anything" here. You didn't have the pass which is necessary to prove that you are there legally. Since you didn't have the pass, as far as the cop is concerned, you are there illegally. On top of that, you're not helping yourself if you "get heated" in front of a cop while you appear to be breaking the law.

If there was a camera by the ticket seller's place and you remember the time you got there, you'll be money.

If there was a camera by the ticket seller's place and you remember the time you got there, you'll be money.

Back
Top Bottom