Need Your Advice NT! Go to Court over this?

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

I don't think he's asking whether he can sue the cop, he's asking whether he can fight the ticket.
I...didn't say anything about suing the cop. I'm explaining why he deserved to get the ticket and why he's a moron to be getting heated when he deserved to get the ticket.
OK, I misunderstood. But the stuff you pointed out doesn't really matter in this case. If OP wants to actually have success fighting this ticket, he has to admit guilt and act for leniency because of the circumstances. It's clearly his fault in the legal sense of the word, but it's clearly not his fault in the every day sense of the word since he paid for the passes and they fell out of his bag. 
He goes to court, explains the situation with whatever evidence he can come up with, and hopes the judge is having a good day. 
indifferent.gif

The stuff I pointed out explained why he received the ticket and why he deserved to receive the ticket. That absolutely does matter in this case because that's what the case is about. As far as the law is concerned, it's his fault no matter which way you look at it because he didn't have the pass and he can't prove that he bought that pass. TC acts like the cop should be able to determine whether someone honestly purchased a pass and lost it and whether someone is lying about purchasing a pass and losing it. Yeah, he can plead to a judge and hope that the judge believes him out of the hundreds of others that present the same story.

I don't think he's asking whether he can sue the cop, he's asking whether he can fight the ticket.
I...didn't say anything about suing the cop. I'm explaining why he deserved to get the ticket and why he's a moron to be getting heated when he deserved to get the ticket.
OK, I misunderstood. But the stuff you pointed out doesn't really matter in this case. If OP wants to actually have success fighting this ticket, he has to admit guilt and act for leniency because of the circumstances. It's clearly his fault in the legal sense of the word, but it's clearly not his fault in the every day sense of the word since he paid for the passes and they fell out of his bag. 
He goes to court, explains the situation with whatever evidence he can come up with, and hopes the judge is having a good day. 
indifferent.gif

The stuff I pointed out explained why he received the ticket and why he deserved to receive the ticket. That absolutely does matter in this case because that's what the case is about. As far as the law is concerned, it's his fault no matter which way you look at it because he didn't have the pass and he can't prove that he bought that pass. TC acts like the cop should be able to determine whether someone honestly purchased a pass and lost it and whether someone is lying about purchasing a pass and losing it. Yeah, he can plead to a judge and hope that the judge believes him out of the hundreds of others that present the same story.

indifferent.gif

No, your reading comprehension skills are suspect, and you don't understand what I'm saying.
In order to have a ticket reduced or waived, you do not necessarily need to show that you were without fault. You can admit fault and ask for leniency based on the circumstances involved. This is what happens with most traffic ticket reductions. The person doesn't go and argue with the judge about whether or not he committed the offense, he tells the judge that he did, but is seeking leniency for X reason. Here, X reason is inadvertently losing the tickets, and it's a pretty good one. The judge could be sympathetic or not. But it does NOT matter that OP was legally at fault for losing the ticket, because that won't be his argument. 

Whether or not losing the tickets was his fault would only have to matter if he was trying to press some sort of charges against the cop for false imprisonment, which isn't the case here. If he's trying to "fight the ticket," he doesn't need to show that he wasn't at fault, because even if he was at fault the judge could waive the ticket given the circumstances. Your initial response to OP about whether or not he was there illegally demonstrates your inability to understand this distinction. You're giving OP unhelpful and one-sided advice because you're stating what he can't do without offering him the OBVIOUS path to possible reduction or waiver of his ticket.

So
indifferent.gif
 back at you, and your inability to understand a fairly simple legal concept, while talking about what the "law is concerned with." 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

No, your reading comprehension skills are suspect, and you don't understand what I'm saying.
In order to have a ticket reduced or waived, you do not necessarily need to show that you were without fault. You can admit fault and ask for leniency based on the circumstances involved. This is what happens with most traffic ticket reductions. The person doesn't go and argue with the judge about whether or not he committed the offense, he tells the judge that he did, but is seeking leniency for X reason. Here, X reason is inadvertently losing the tickets, and it's a pretty good one. The judge could be sympathetic or not. But it does NOT matter that OP was legally at fault for losing the ticket, because that won't be his argument. 

Whether or not losing the tickets was his fault would only have to matter if he was trying to press some sort of charges against the cop for false imprisonment, which isn't the case here. If he's trying to "fight the ticket," he doesn't need to show that he wasn't at fault, because even if he was at fault the judge could waive the ticket given the circumstances. Your initial response to OP about whether or not he was there illegally demonstrates your inability to understand this distinction. You're giving OP unhelpful and one-sided advice because you're stating what he can't do without offering him the OBVIOUS path to possible reduction or waiver of his ticket.

So
indifferent.gif
 back at you, and your inability to understand a fairly simple legal concept, while talking about what the "law is concerned with." 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

fight it, violates your amendment right since he's presuming you're guilty

laugh.gif
 seriously?

he is "guilty" of not having a beach pass since he could not present it to the officer when it was requested.  how is that a presumption of guilt?

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

fight it, violates your amendment right since he's presuming you're guilty

laugh.gif
 seriously?

he is "guilty" of not having a beach pass since he could not present it to the officer when it was requested.  how is that a presumption of guilt?

So
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
All I've argued here is that TC is at fault from the perspective of the cop which would be relevant to the situation due to the fact that that was why he received the citation. TC never stated whether he would admit to be guilty or try to plead innocence. I never said that you couldn't admit fault and ask for leniency, so I'm confused as to why you decided to dedicate an entire post to that. I never stated "what he can't do", so I'm not sure where that came from. Since I never argued against admitting guilt and asking for leniency, I'm not sure where you deduced that I'm not able to understand this simple legal concept. Perhaps it's your comprehension in question?

So
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
All I've argued here is that TC is at fault from the perspective of the cop which would be relevant to the situation due to the fact that that was why he received the citation. TC never stated whether he would admit to be guilty or try to plead innocence. I never said that you couldn't admit fault and ask for leniency, so I'm confused as to why you decided to dedicate an entire post to that. I never stated "what he can't do", so I'm not sure where that came from. Since I never argued against admitting guilt and asking for leniency, I'm not sure where you deduced that I'm not able to understand this simple legal concept. Perhaps it's your comprehension in question?

So
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
You're giving OP unhelpful and one-sided advice because you're stating what he can't do without offering him the OBVIOUS path to possible reduction or waiver of his ticket.

So
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
You're giving OP unhelpful and one-sided advice because you're stating what he can't do without offering him the OBVIOUS path to possible reduction or waiver of his ticket.

And...I never offered any advice. So, you've successfully attacked arguments that I never made.
Then stop trolling.
Oh god, someone explained to TC why they've fallen into a particular situation. They must be trolling.

And...I never offered any advice. So, you've successfully attacked arguments that I never made.
Then stop trolling.
Oh god, someone explained to TC why they've fallen into a particular situation. They must be trolling.

get 2 beach passes from people that went to that beach that day...go to court..sucks you gotta waste time tho

Back
Top Bottom