Never Change is Jay-Z's greatest song ever.

laugh.gif
I wasn't even referencing the 92 brick nonsense yall want to argue about almost 2 decades after it allegedly happen. He's either a liar or a dumb *** for losing that much weight. It's not some feat to be highly regarded or held as important.

Obviously there's gonna be ppl that believe their favorite rapper never told a lie in their rhymes even if proven otherwise. **** don't really matter.
That's all well and good, but I don't think folks are holding the part about him having "92 bricks" in high regard, but moreso him paying it back in 5 days and him having the hustle/drive to make it back.  Remember champ, it's not really about somebody being on top that folks can identify with, it's the point of someone falling down and getting back up that folks hold in high regard........"knock a ***** off his feet but I CRAWL BACK, had A-1 credit got more crack.......from the 1st to the 5th GAVE IT ALL BACK....if I aint' a hustle what you call that!"

:lol: I wasn't even referencing the 92 brick nonsense yall want to argue about almost 2 decades after it allegedly happen. He's either a liar or a dumb *** for losing that much weight. It's not some feat to be highly regarded or held as important.

Obviously there's gonna be ppl that believe their favorite rapper never told a lie in their rhymes even if proven otherwise. **** don't really matter.

That's all well and good, but I don't think folks are holding the part about him having "92 bricks" in high regard, but moreso him paying it back in 5 days and him having the hustle/drive to make it back.  Remember champ, it's not really about somebody being on top that folks can identify with, it's the point of someone falling down and getting back up that folks hold in high regard........"knock a ***** off his feet but I CRAWL BACK, had A-1 credit got more crack.......from the 1st to the 5th GAVE IT ALL BACK....if I aint' a hustle what you call that!"
Please if it was about getting knocked down and climbing back up you could reference several other Jay lines. The fact this is being disputed is because you can't agree whether or not it was hyperbole. Yall simple ******* is glorifying the 92 brick nonsense and can't drop it. It's evidenced by you claiming it's true because Ghost allegedly mentioned it on his album. Not the paying back part but the losing it part.
Deuce King had a son. His name is Antidope.
:rofl:

nas-kelis-3.gif

Last edited:
Please if it was about getting knocked down and climbing back up you could reference several other Jay lines. The fact this is being disputed is because you can't agree whether or not it was hyperbole. Yall simple ******* is glorifying the 92 brick nonsense and can't drop it. It's evidenced by you claiming it's true because Ghost allegedly mentioned it on his album. Not the paying back part but the losing it part.
Once again champ, don't base YOUR statement about my thoughts as YOU think they might be, but rather go off of what I actually say.  Sure we can reference other Jay lines to in regards to getting knocked down and climbing back up, but right NOW as far as this thread goes we are talking about the song "Never Change".  As far as the song "Never Change", that one line refers to getting knocked down and climbing back up or more importantly having the know how on how to climb back up after getting knocked down so that's why it's a favorite of mines at least.  If you personally would like to highlight another track or song by Jay in regards to getting knocked down and climbing back up be my guest champ, I'll be sure to chime in that thread and leave a remark as well.

I made the comment about Ghost because folks in here are/were still trying to dispute the claim about Jay having 92 bricks.  I just used the part about Ghost as reference that maybe.......just maybe since folks seem to think that Jay having 92 bricks is false that is could possibly be true, and those same folks can listen to Supreme Clientele for confirmation, that can include you as well if you feel that way. 

I actually did base it off what you said. All you're doing now is trying to say that's not what you're talking about.

If it was really about what you're trying to say now whether or not the 92 bricks were truth or not wouldn't even matter because the message should be more important than that but like I said you just want to argue whether or not he had 92 bricks and lost it. People thinking it's a lie shouldn't matter to you if the line is about "getting knocked down and climbing back up"

Miss me with that I should listen to confirm, you brought it up. You said you'd listen to the album to make sure. When you support that claim with some evidence then I'll know like I've already said your more concerned about an imaginary 92 bricks than anything else.

Last edited:
id have to agree with everybody else thats been saying Song Cry. Thats a real song!

Dudes in here STILL trying to dispute that claim from Jay about the 92 bricks, SMH.  Ghostface on Supreme Clientele already told you dudes in advance that the story was legit. 

Explain lol. I've listened to SC hundreds of times and never caught anything like that.

Off hand I forgot the name of the track, but on Supreme Clientele Ghostface says a line like "the kid up in Marcy that lost 92 bricks" or something like that.  Cake and a few others that know that album like the back of their hand can better assist with that, probably ninjahood as well.  I'll probably listen to the album sometime today and try to find the track for you. 

Please respond. I've never heard anything like that on Supreme Clientele. What I have heard as far as Ghost referencing a "kid up in Marcy" was the following...

Took his Puma's, nameplate,
Duke lost weight,
Summer '88, started a fight at Ken wake,
Ask Dorothy, same kid ***** up in Marcy,
Blazin' at Chad Rossi up in the Marquis,
He lost like 100 ounces,
Jake rush his houses,
Had him on the porch *** no trousers

I'll take this as the "evidence" you were referring to until you provide an alternative explanation. Looks like Jay was a "*****" and lost about 2 ki's, not 92 :lol:

LIES. JAY-Z couldnt do it, yet its plausible that someone here knows people that did it. Didnt you know, the rules of logic dont apply when speaking about others. People over there did it, but JAY couldnt just cause.

But the difference is that I know these people. You're listening to an outlandish claim in a rap song, a genre which is largely built on exaggerated braggadocio particularly of the street variety, but since it's your hero Jay-Z, whatever he says is 100% factual in your eyes, no matter what the statement is, no questions asked. You avy was a GIF of Jay, your sig talks about how you'll cry when he dies, you insist on capitalizing his entire moniker every time you write it, and you apparently take each and every line Jay has ever said as literal and indisputable truth. Let the big homie breath, man...

I actually did base it off what you said. All you're doing now is trying to say that's not what you're talking about.

If it was really about what you're trying to say now whether or not the 92 bricks were truth or not wouldn't even matter because the message should be more important than that but like I said you just want to argue whether or not he had 92 bricks and lost it. People thinking it's a lie shouldn't matter to you if the line is about "getting knocked down and climbing back up"

Miss me with that I should listen to confirm, you brought it up. You said you'd listen to the album to make sure. When you support that claim with some evidence then I'll know like I've already said your more concerned about an imaginary 92 bricks than anything else.

And... still no response...

:lol:

At the end of the day, y'all can "believe" whatever you want to, but like Master Zik stated, who really gives a **** about someone's claim about selling drugs over 20 years ago? I was just shocked that people were actually taking what he said literally and wanted to point out the unlikelihood that such a claim was true. I guess I shouldn't have been shocked since some of you guys apparently derive important pieces of your own self-concepts from your idealized fantasies about Jay-Z and his life.

To each their own, I suppose...

Last edited:
LIES. JAY-Z couldnt do it, yet its plausible that someone here knows people that did it. Didnt you know, the rules of logic dont apply when speaking about others. People over there did it, but JAY couldnt just cause.
But the difference is that I know these people. You're listening to an outlandish claim in a rap song, a genre which is largely built on exaggerated braggadocio particularly of the street variety, but since it's your hero Jay-Z, whatever he says is 100% factual in your eyes, no matter what the statement is, no questions asked. You avy was a GIF of Jay, your sig talks about how you'll cry when he dies, you insist on capitalizing his entire moniker every time you write it, and you apparently take each and every line Jay has ever said as literal and indisputable truth. Let the big homie breath, man...

Ok but why should I beleive you? The point which you've basically danced around is that there is an even amount of proof on both sides, your word agianst his. I didnt doubt your claims, I just took your word for it, you have no basis for why you arent extending the same courtesy besides the fact that you dont want to because since hes a rapper he must be lying. Not like rappers havent proven they are about the life they portray on several other occasions.....Moving weight, catching bodies, extorsion, you name it. Its not like being a drug dealer is something that hes going to tell his kids that hes proud of, or that I would tell people that I'm admiring him for doing so I dont really feel the need to argue for his story other than the fact that your argument is flat out biased.

Once again, guess its a crime to be a fan of the guy... Duly noted. Guess all those people that cried when Michael Jackson died were just crazy people, guess everyone here who has an avy that isnt their own face is crazy, his moniker is supposed to be captialized, dont see the issue with me writing it properly, go check other posts I write KanYe like that all the time, its how his name is spelled. My name has accents in it, guess I shouldnt put them down when I write them... These shots had nothing to do with the conversation at hand either but you felt the need to take them, but hey it is what it is...
And... still no response...

laugh.gif

At the end of the day, y'all can "believe" whatever you want to, but like Master Zik stated, who really gives a **** about someone's claim about selling drugs over 20 years ago? I was just shocked that people were actually taking what he said literally and wanted to point out the unlikelihood that such a claim was true. I guess I shouldn't have been shocked since some of you guys apparently derive important pieces of your own self-concepts from your idealized fantasies about Jay-Z and his life.

To each their own, I suppose...
But you guys cared enough to dispute it and in your case write detailed responses as to why its false. 9/10 times the "Who cares" response is a logical fallacy by the user. You do care, you cared enough to be a participant in this conversation.

LOL at that second part. As if the guy isnt capable of setting a proper example for people because hes a rapper that references drug dealign from time to time. I could sit here and think about a dozen positive influences that JAY-Z has given off since his introduction into the rap game. Or does the fact that he is an embodiment of the Rags to Riches story not important to you since hes a rapper, or is that a fantasy?

You guys are dead set on ruining this thread man
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Raise your hand if you profited off these "92 bricks" Jay lost...

Big L said he had 35 bodies... do I believe it? Not really

Do I care whether he does or not? **** no.

Even so why would choose an obsure number like 92? Why not 100? Whenever I hear rap about large amount of keys, its always 100. Big Sean has a song called 100 keys, but the 92 makes it seem more believeable, at least to me.

:rofl: you're out of your element young man

Just stop

Rap fans are the worst. Its like everyone but them knows its only entertainment. 

Even so why would choose an obsure number like 92? Why not 100? Whenever I hear rap about large amount of keys, its always 100. Big Sean has a song called 100 keys, but the 92 makes it seem more believeable, at least to me.
roll.gif
you're out of your element young man

Just stop
That part was clearly a reach, thought it was obvious. My bad. A song by Big Sean as a reference point? Come on man give me some credit. I'm gonna remove it because this thread clearly has taken a serious turn and theres no room for jokes apparently.
Rap fans are the worst. Its like everyone but them knows its only entertainment. 

Last edited:

1. It's not "my word against his," nor am I telling you to "believe me." I simply stated that I found it ridiculous that people were taking Jay's claim seriously. You asked me for my perspective on it and my experiences with the streets. I gave you my perspective that's based on the "facts" that Jay presented in the "story." It's not about whether you "believe" me or "believe" Jay-Z. It's about looking at something someone says and analyzing it for yourself.

2. I don't care what you believe about who I know and what they did or did not do. You asked me about my familiarity with the streets and I told you some basic information. It really has very little, if anything, to do with this situation, anyway.

3. I never said nor implied that it's a "crime" to be a Jay-Z fan. I'm a Jay fan myself. But I just see a difference between enjoying someone's music or even admiring them as a person (based on what you know about them) and essentially worshipping someone.

4. You're the only person that I've seen capitalize the full "JAY-Z" at all times. Hiphopdx.com doesn't do it. Allhiphop.com doesn't do it. Amazon does't do it. I mean, it's your choice and all but that is not "how it's supposed to be written."

5. My "shots" had everything to do with this conversation because the only people arguing that Jay was telling the truth about losing 92 bricks are the two biggest Jay-Z propogators (i.e., "stans") on this site. Nonetheless, I mean no disrespect so I apologize if anything I said was disrespectful.

6. I'm not trying to "ruin" the thread. I stated my surprise in my initial post with regard to people believing the little story in this song and my doubt that it's true. You asked me to elaborate. I did and you and Deuce King responded in kind. This essentially IS the thread now and both of you have played a central role in driving it in that direction.

7. You're probably a cool guy in real life and when it comes to other topics. I just don't understand how you (and others) approach the topic of Jay-Z. Nor, ultimately, do I have to understand. It's not my intention to disrespect you or anyone else on this board. It's just asinine in my mind that people would take Jay's 92 bricks story literally simply because he's Jay-Z or because he said "these are all facts." But it is what it is. You're entitled to look at the world however you want big homie, I was just trying to give y'all a different (and what I consider more erasonable in this case) perspective...

Here's the original song That as usual Jay bit and made it his Kanye gave this track to Payroll 1st Then stole the hook and gave it to Hov So greatest song I think not greatest jack move maybe lol I'll have to go with "Can I Live" with "get my **** off" as a close tie

"I done seen my cupboards bare Heard money mentioned in my mothers prayer

Had nights my stomach filled up with nothing but air Had $10 to eat for 4 of us to share"

FIIIIIRRRREEEEE Best bars I ever heard from Shawn

I lost 94 bricks + 66 grams of weight last night and my connect put a hit out on me for it. I dumped his body in the Hudson for threatening the GOD #ThankYouSandy #UsingObscureAmountOfWeightSoItMustBeTrue

On another note about these last two pages...

red mlps and Master Zik you two really argued good points and proved them... well unless Deuce King comes back with something worth mentioning :smokin 8)

red mpls's posts in this thread are very much appreciated.

one a side note, why are some jay-z stans so stubborn. it's one thing to like your favorite artist, it's another thing to be blind and uninformed

Back
Top Bottom