NEW BASKETBALL SHOE FROM NIKE !!! NIKE ZOOM HYPERREV . CHECK INSIDE FOR PICS,SPRING 2014...OPINI

That mesh would be destroyed outdoors

Yeah I'm not even thinking about wearing these outdoors.. I'm gonna use my hyperfuse 2012 this summer outdoor and replace those with these. Prolly get a hyperfuse 2013 I like em for outdoor

Completely different to me. The Rev is more impact protection - unlocked is response and bounce. Rev is lower riding.

Completely different to me. The Rev is more impact protection - unlocked is response and bounce. Rev is lower riding.

Is that cause the zoom is bottom loaded? In my kobe 7s the zoom is responsive but the insole kills it a bit cause its so hard, and im hearing the midsole on these is kinda similar so im worried

Last edited:
My thoughts. The phylite is a stiff carrier - stiffer than lunar - so it keeps the shoe upright but it does dull some of the spring. Still a very cushioned shoe with great response and impact protection.

My thoughts. The phylite is a stiff carrier - stiffer than lunar - so it keeps the shoe upright but it does dull some of the spring. Still a very cushioned shoe with great response and impact protection.

I think what you meant to say is "this is the best setup that money can buy"

I'm waiting til I can get these for under $100. Online coupons that bring it down to $100 aren't enough for me, considering NY tax brings it back close to $110.

My girl really wants a pair tho, so I guess I might not have the luxury of waiting for much longer..

That mesh would be destroyed outdoors
wore em outdoors once and it held up but not gonna do it again
laugh.gif

Even though they're different do you have a preference between the XX8 or the Rev? Need a new pair of ball shoes

Super curious to see how the bottom loaded zoom works vs. I haven't had a full length zoom shoe since soph year in college lol

I just bought a pair of hyperfuse shoes and never again, too stiff for my foot coming off of Kobe VIII's

Even though they're different do you have a preference between the XX8 or the Rev? Need a new pair of ball shoes

Super curious to see how the bottom loaded zoom works vs. I haven't had a full length zoom shoe since soph year in college lol

I just bought a pair of hyperfuse shoes and never again, too stiff for my foot coming off of Kobe VIII's

Honestly, the xx8 is the best performance basketball shoe on the market IMO. The only con with the xx8 is the zoom unit busting which seems to happen pretty easily.

Honestly, the xx8 is the best performance basketball shoe on the market IMO. The only con with the xx8 is the zoom unit busting which seems to happen pretty easily.

Yeah this happens pretty often. Wish I still had pics of my all star games after that happened.

Having both, the XX8 is still a better shoe. I have had my green XX8 since last February and no popping, but I only wear them about once a week. Plus the price - the SE is only $30 more but that seems to be the "poppers". The Rev is second IMO as far as Zoom cushioning. I haven't bought a Fuse since the second version and my HD2013 went dead in about 6 nights of playing.

Having both, the XX8 is still a better shoe. I have had my green XX8 since last February and no popping, but I only wear them about once a week. Plus the price - the SE is only $30 more but that seems to be the "poppers". The Rev is second IMO as far as Zoom cushioning. I haven't bought a Fuse since the second version and my HD2013 went dead in about 6 nights of playing.
So what's your personal rotation and preferences duke?

For me:

#1 - Kobe V - one of my all time favorites along with the zoom bb low

#2 - Kobe VIII - great all around shoe

#3 - Hyperdunk 2011 Elite - best traction of the bunch I think, but they get uncomfortable very quickly because of that thin tongue/upper

#4 - Adizero Rose 1.5 Low - wish traction and fit were just a tad better

Might add a pair of XX8's or hyperrevs when one of them dies out.

The XX8 is the best basketball shoe ever made IMO.

If these will be anywhere close to that I'm happy.

Man. Might have to add the Hyper Revs to my backlog. I haven't been able to play since June, and I won't be hitting the court again till March or April, but I've got about 10 pairs to try when I return :lol:

Secretz - you been out forever, man. Hope you get back quick.

Quiet - personal faves and current rotation - Adidas SNcreator, Kobe IV, XX8, Kobe VI Rose 1.5 for faves. Current rotation is those plus Rose 4, Peak TP9, UA Spawn, rev's, kd5, cp3.7.

Secretz - you been out forever, man. Hope you get back quick.

Quiet - personal faves and current rotation - Adidas SNcreator, Kobe IV, XX8, Kobe VI Rose 1.5 for faves. Current rotation is those plus Rose 4, Peak TP9, UA Spawn, rev's, kd5, cp3.7.

I'm walking now...so that's a huge plus. Mad jelly of your SN Creators. Been looking for a ds pair forever. Unfortunately they dropped when I was in college and spending all income on alcohol/women.

That was the first shoe I ever reviewed for Counterkicks. Still got the east all-star pair in great condition but I play in them.

Went to footlocker today.. Didn't have the volts so I didn't cancel my order.. Tried on the blue and yellow joints... Fit like a glove little hard to put on but once on... Smh... CRAZY. Can't wait to get em in the mail whenever they come..

Back
Top Bottom