new beyonce album dec.13.2013

is the album any good guys? recommendations ?

hesitating on downloading my first ever beyonce album :lol:

On First listen it's OK, Nothing great though IMO, I feel the Tracks with Drake and Jay are missed opportunities,
No club bangers either which im surprised about,

Will reserve full judgment until iv had a few more listens though

FYI - CSNW Got the Album, One with Videos and one without

Last edited:

same boat as you, DL'd it and gave it a quick listen. probably will delete soon, not my cup of tea

Jay verse was forgettable

"I Been On" will forever be my favorite beyonce creation :pimp: :pimp:

I downloaded it for a friend. I've never been a fan of her music.

Song with Frank Ocean was painful to listen to.

She actually has a DUET with Drake :rofl:

im more surprised that she released this without anything getting leaked.

Like, how she do that voodoo?!?

I don't think he talkin bout that.... This is Beyonce and NOBODY said a word about videos being shot? a new single, no talks, from anybody the chick got supermodels in her video how did nobody not atleast attempt to say something.

Not true, just a month or two ago there were pictures of her making a video in Coney Island it was just that no one knew what song she was making a video for. It hasn't been 100% under wraps.

Last edited:
more artists need to do this more often, the music should always be first priority and be released quickly. this is why other music genres are doing better than others for example hip hop.

I dont know how many young chicks can listen to this album. Let along chicks that just had a kid.......saying turn that cherry out 

I don't follow Beyonce, don't even like her music really. I had heard about her shooting videos and songs leaking or snippets. They did do a great job keeping this quiet. I'm curious if a physical copy is coming out. A digital only album isn't doing more than 200K.

Videos were not expensive. Just hired a camera crew to basically record. These videos are awful too :lol:

Breh a video crew to just record is still going to cost at bare minimum 50K per video... she aint shootin vids with spiff TV

As far as other artist doing this only a few at the top can do something like this and have it work which is why technically Ye, Jay, Timberlake 7 her have all done it this year yes they have promo but the focus has been on the music.... all those names are floating in the 50-100 million club they don't give a **** about record sales so i don't even get why this is being discussed when referencing these artist.

The thing that they are trying to incite and create is impact and quite frankly it has worked... I'm gonna remember alot about this yeezus rollout, I'm gonna remember the halftime of the finals and that commercial announcing the album, Remember Beyonce droppin an album at midnight and taking over the internet.... I love where they are trying to go with the IMPACT of the music and remembering moments.

Things are just so disposable these days meant to get you a week into the next release and that's it.

that Partition video

BUFFcSXCUAAhB6D.jpg:large

I don't follow Beyonce, don't even like her music really. I had heard about her shooting videos and songs leaking or snippets. They did do a great job keeping this quiet. I'm curious if a physical copy is coming out. A digital only album isn't doing more than 200K.

Videos were not expensive. Just hired a camera crew to basically record. These videos are awful too :lol:
Bruh they just said she sold 80K in 6 hours. I think you're underestimating the hold this woman has on the music population :lol: those videos include more than just a point and shoot camera and half of them were directed by Hype Williams so they cost $$$.

I think she pulled off something no one else could do for a long long time

Bruh they just said she sold 80K in 6 hours. I think you're underestimating the hold this woman has on the music population :lol: those videos include more than just a point and shoot camera and half of them were directed by Hype Williams so they cost $$$.

I think she pulled off something no one else could do for a long long time
and besides even if u dont like her u always end up liking one of the songs that constantly come up on the radio
and on some real talk
dangerously in love (the song)
and signs off her first album are :pimp: :pimp:

80K is very impressive. I know she got soldiers but wow.

I'm not saying the videos were free but 17 videos, they couldn't have broken 100K for any of the video. The few I saw were poor quality and footage of her walking around. I would be SHOCKED if any of these videos were over 300K

What I love about this rollout was that there was no rollout :lol:

As someone working towards getting into the industry, it's so hard to drop something without promo, and having to do promo runs and interviews, and this that and the third. It's such a blessing to be able to make the product you want, then when you're ready to release it, just drop it. It's a shame that this is viewed upon as unconventional. Make the product, give it to the people. That's really what she did and that was awesome as hell to me. I'm kind of being a hypocrite by saying this, but I hope artist don't follow suit :lol: music would get boring and dope at the same time if no one dropped singles and everyone just waited until their album was done to release their body of work. (Of course it won't be duplicated because this can't be duplicated by virtually anyone else)

I love the fact that she created a moment, a memory for people and took advantage of social media, as a means of getting her product to the people. However, I can't give her too many points for the visuals. Plenty of people would do that if they had the budget that she has :lol: dope idea none of the less. Innovation is always pretty cool.

Favorite record was "Mine" with her and Drake. Impeccable songwriting on that one.

Back
Top Bottom