New GHOSTBUSTERS film confirmed with all-female cast

I think the all female cast concerns sound silly and misogynist, just make a good movie, which this doesn't look like it is.

They should have known not to mess with the OG. A part 3 with old and new casting would've been better than this.
Of course, it would have. Akroyd and Ramis have been pushing for a part three for years, but Murray was never on board to return. Unfortunately, the studios and OG cast wait too long and now Harold Ramis is gone. 

I'm the studio wanted to breathe new air into the franchise...But, like many of you have said, they could have focused on the OG cast passing the torch to the new cast. From there, if they were to make a sequel from this movie, the OG cast could all play supporting roles or just have cameos.

I think the all female cast concerns sound silly and misogynist, just make a good movie, which this doesn't look like it is.

Agree.

But watching the trailer, almost every punchline was corny. I still do hope it turns out to be a decent movie.

They should have known not to mess with the OG. A part 3 with old and new casting would've been better than this.
Of course, it would have. Akroyd and Ramis have been pushing for a part three for years, but Murray was never on board to return. Unfortunately, the studios and OG cast wait too long and now Harold Ramis is gone. 

I'm the studio wanted to breathe new air into the franchise...But, like many of you have said, they could have focused on the OG cast passing the torch to the new cast. From there, if they were to make a sequel from this movie, the OG cast could all play supporting roles or just have cameos.

that story would have been so much more interesting and (for a change) be an original script (If those things still exist in Hollywood)

quotes from wikileaks

Ivan Reitman on March 19, 2014 to Amy Pascal: "CAA said you were out to Paul Feig. [...] I thought we were going to make the Etan Coen draft? And that I was producing the film? It sure feels weird to hear about this the day after I resign publicly from directing."
(they had forced Ivan out as a director, sent him suggestions for his statement in March 2014)

Amy Pascal on August 07, 2014: "we have offered over 3MM in producing fees and 9.33% GP to Ivan, Dan et al. "

Doug Belgrad on September 14, 2014: "[Ivan Reitman] thinks Paul's story should exist in a world where Ghostbuster events of the 80's are known."

Ivan Reitman on October 8, 2014: "This is not what we agreed on. I'm incredibly pissed."

quotes from wikileaks

Ivan Reitman on March 19, 2014 to Amy Pascal: "CAA said you were out to Paul Feig. [...] I thought we were going to make the Etan Coen draft? And that I was producing the film? It sure feels weird to hear about this the day after I resign publicly from directing."
(they had forced Ivan out as a director, sent him suggestions for his statement in March 2014)

Amy Pascal on August 07, 2014: "we have offered over 3MM in producing fees and 9.33% GP to Ivan, Dan et al. "

Doug Belgrad on September 14, 2014: "[Ivan Reitman] thinks Paul's story should exist in a world where Ghostbuster events of the 80's are known."

Ivan Reitman on October 8, 2014: "This is not what we agreed on. I'm incredibly pissed."
Wow, this sucks.

Btw, plot revealed.....this guy was saying things before the international trailer released and confirmed legit

Last edited:

I don't think the movie will be bad because the cast is female, it is lame though that this is a remake and they gender swapped the whole team.

Bridesmaids was funny af :lol:

Wigg and McCarthy are very funny with the right script, they have amazingly great comedic timing, specially Wigg, who I actually consider a good actor all around....but the movie looks like absolute trash and will probably hurt their careers, specially Wigg who's been making her rounds on more serious roles and doing well.

Was listening to a podcast and all the hosts were saying if people have a problem with the new ghostbusters then they are bad, sexist people. All of them needed to get smacked with the strength of zeus.

Was listening to a podcast and all the hosts were saying if people have a problem with the new ghostbusters then they are bad, sexist people. All of them needed to get smacked with the strength of zeus.
I'm absolutely disappointed in this kind of logic.

What'll happen when this film bombs? Men will be blamed for not going to see it? Because at the end of the day, we all know what studios care about the most: $$$.

One of those pop culture classics that should've just stayed in its era.

Hollywood is so evil putting out this garbage knowing it can't compare to the first 2.

One of those pop culture classics that should've just stayed in its era.

Hollywood is so evil putting out this garbage knowing it can't compare to the first 2.

I would lose it if they remade back to the future

Star Wars was technically "rebooted" and so was Karate Kid. As a kid, I always thought those two movies and BTTF couln't be remade ever and although I was wrong about the first two, I still can't see how they'd remake BTTF. I just can't.

I would lose it if they remade back to the future
Please, Hollywood. Don't do this.
Yea they ruined zoolander for me
Zoolander 2 wasn't good? 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom