New Oregon Ducks Court Designed by Tinker Hatfield

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

While I love some of the designs that Mr. Hatfield has done for the Jordan line, this is simply a disaster. The court looks as if it were sandblasted in the middle, and someone forgot to finish the edges.
Negative Nancy strikes again

While I love some of the designs that Mr. Hatfield has done for the Jordan line, this is simply a disaster. The court looks as if it were sandblasted in the middle, and someone forgot to finish the edges.

Looks interesting...I would have to see some live pictures to really make a clear decision.

Nonetheless it is still attracting more attention to Nike and THEIR OREGON DUCKS

Looks interesting...I would have to see some live pictures to really make a clear decision.

Nonetheless it is still attracting more attention to Nike and THEIR OREGON DUCKS

Not feeling it one bit. Co-sign the person that said it looks sandblasted and unfinished. I'm all about creativivty, but I this one should've gotten chucked at the drawing board. Will not last.

Not feeling it one bit. Co-sign the person that said it looks sandblasted and unfinished. I'm all about creativivty, but I this one should've gotten chucked at the drawing board. Will not last.

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

..and hypersensitive harriet cannot handle the truth.

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

..and hypersensitive harriet cannot handle the truth.

I think it is a bit overdone.  Some of the concepts could have been integrated and still made the floor look somewhat "normal".  I get that they are trying to make their "new home court" seem intimidating, unique, and special, but the reality is that you cannot create that overnight. MAC court is old school and has been around forever.  The atmosphere that the Ducks had there was electric in the late 90s, and early 2000's.  The fact that everyone was "on top" of the court like most old school field houses made it super loud and very difficult for the opposition to play in. The place shook and it really was like a micro version of the current football field (Autzen) almost.  All that being said, this new court/gym will take time for people to call the DUCKS Home court.  This radical design was probably an attempt to accelerate that process and create hype/buzz again surrounding the Ducks Basketball program.  They have been pretty awful the past few years.   If they can achieve even part of the success the football program has created and get a little boost from this new floor and new court, then mission accomplished.  As far as Tinker being involved in the process, don't doubt that Oregon and NIKE knew from the beginning that they wanted his name associated with the design of this new floor.  Lets be honest, the dude is an icon in the design world and deservedly so.

I think it is a bit overdone.  Some of the concepts could have been integrated and still made the floor look somewhat "normal".  I get that they are trying to make their "new home court" seem intimidating, unique, and special, but the reality is that you cannot create that overnight. MAC court is old school and has been around forever.  The atmosphere that the Ducks had there was electric in the late 90s, and early 2000's.  The fact that everyone was "on top" of the court like most old school field houses made it super loud and very difficult for the opposition to play in. The place shook and it really was like a micro version of the current football field (Autzen) almost.  All that being said, this new court/gym will take time for people to call the DUCKS Home court.  This radical design was probably an attempt to accelerate that process and create hype/buzz again surrounding the Ducks Basketball program.  They have been pretty awful the past few years.   If they can achieve even part of the success the football program has created and get a little boost from this new floor and new court, then mission accomplished.  As far as Tinker being involved in the process, don't doubt that Oregon and NIKE knew from the beginning that they wanted his name associated with the design of this new floor.  Lets be honest, the dude is an icon in the design world and deservedly so.

Exactly what I thought the first time I saw the court.

Exactly what I thought the first time I saw the court.

Back
Top Bottom