New Oregon Ducks Court Designed by Tinker Hatfield

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

While I love some of the designs that Mr. Hatfield has done for the Jordan line, this is simply a disaster. The court looks as if it were sandblasted in the middle, and someone forgot to finish the edges.
Negative Nancy strikes again

court is ugly. period. 

Although everyone is entitled to their own opinion about it, the bottom line is that it was made for the University of Oregon and their fans, and designed with the University of Oregon and their fans in mind. It's definitely a first for college basketball and ties in well with the innovative frame of mind that the university and Nike share.

Although everyone is entitled to their own opinion about it, the bottom line is that it was made for the University of Oregon and their fans, and designed with the University of Oregon and their fans in mind. It's definitely a first for college basketball and ties in well with the innovative frame of mind that the university and Nike share.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Now that I know the backstory...

... my opinion is unchanged. Still looks awful.

But I've never been a fan of the 'You have to know certain things about it' line of reasoning. If someone thinks something looks terrible, they shouldn't have to be told the reasoning (read: 'be convinced') why it's not terrible.

Crap is still crap. I hope others would look at shoes in the same objective light. I'm a huge fan of Tinker's cross training shoes and just LOVE the stories about it's origins. But the shoes still had to look good, be functional, and be of quality materials. Here, the story alone cannot save this sort of travesty. Sorry Mr. Hatfield, try again.

Here's what I posted in the College Basketball thread in Sports & General
Truth spoken in the comments section
http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/i...ducks-unveil-new-court-for-matt-knight-arena/
[h5]Roseanna[/h5]
This bit from the Saturday column by Greg Bolt:

“But designers said it’s also meant to evoke Oregon’s fabled forests as well as the university’s reputation for innovation and irreverence, said Todd Van Horne, creative services director at Nike, who helped develop the design with Nike design vice president and UO alum Tinker Hatfield.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Now that I know the backstory...

... my opinion is unchanged. Still looks awful.

But I've never been a fan of the 'You have to know certain things about it' line of reasoning. If someone thinks something looks terrible, they shouldn't have to be told the reasoning (read: 'be convinced') why it's not terrible.

Crap is still crap. I hope others would look at shoes in the same objective light. I'm a huge fan of Tinker's cross training shoes and just LOVE the stories about it's origins. But the shoes still had to look good, be functional, and be of quality materials. Here, the story alone cannot save this sort of travesty. Sorry Mr. Hatfield, try again.

Here's what I posted in the College Basketball thread in Sports & General
Truth spoken in the comments section
http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/i...ducks-unveil-new-court-for-matt-knight-arena/
[h5]Roseanna[/h5]
This bit from the Saturday column by Greg Bolt:

“But designers said it’s also meant to evoke Oregon’s fabled forests as well as the university’s reputation for innovation and irreverence, said Todd Van Horne, creative services director at Nike, who helped develop the design with Nike design vice president and UO alum Tinker Hatfield.

Back
Top Bottom