New Pick Up Chevy Camaro (Major L) Clutch went out day 1

So here is the short version of a long story, I just got my car a few days ago and only drove it twice, super low miles! (3,300) it's a 2010 LS and I took it to the dealership and the CLUTCH went out?! how is this possible? somebody said on another board that the V6 Clutches are crap and have transmission issues that's making the clutch go out so fast, so my question is there a Lemon Law on a used car bought from a private party? btw the dealership said it's not covered because it's a "wear item" even if the car is well under warranty 

laugh.gif
good ol american cars...

Even if the car is preowned there SHOULD be some type of Lemon Law on it. It's a year old, how is that "wear and tear"???

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

da clutch on da v6 is crap yo. get da v8 and try not to get da parking summons in da heightz
laugh.gif
 yeah da V4 are wack too

Who owned the car previously. For all you know a chick that doesn't know how to drive a manual owned it and ripped the car to pieces.

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

it was an older guy who owned it, but he's not the first owner, he got it from a dealership.........but still at 3k???!

It kind of worries me that your the third owner yet the car only has 3k miles on it. Something is wrong there.

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

da clutch on da v6 is crap yo. get da v8 and try not to get da parking summons in da heightz

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

So here is the short version of a long story, I just got my car a few days ago and only drove it twice, super low miles! (3,300) it's a 2010 LS and I took it to the dealership and the CLUTCH went out?! how is this possible? somebody said on another board that the V6 Clutches are crap and have transmission issues that's making the clutch go out so fast, so my question is there a Lemon Law on a used car bought from a private party? btw the dealership said it's not covered because it's a "wear item" even if the car is well under warranty 
lol...a clutch doesn't wear out in 3300 miles, unless it was defective or you don't know how to drive a manual. 
As far as lemon laws go, each state has its own guidelines...

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Damn, no wonder why you got such a good deal on it
laugh.gif

Right? but it makes no sense, it's got a warranty and everything else is covered, just not the clutch, I didnt feel it going out and then just all a sudden, BAM, I dont see how the last guy would have known that was gonna happen.......a clutch just doesnt go out at 3k no matter what youve done to it

Talk to the previous owner first. Then go to other dealerships and see if they can help. There is no way a clutch should be going out after 3,000 miles. 

Back
Top Bottom