New Pick Up Chevy Camaro (Major L) Clutch went out day 1

at 3k miles
eek.gif
i feel sorry for you fam

2 days? dealership? should atleast be 2 weeks to 30 days to bring it back doesnt matter reason. never sign papers until you get everything you want in writing.

Dude that clutch is covered under the powertrain warranty and the bumper to bumper warranty because it should be a GM CERTIFIED USED VEHICLE, since its under 30k miles. Don't let that dealership @+*+ with you. They have to fix it. You must be in the south or the northeast.

^
What he said. Dealer is playing games.

Call up GM directly and ask them what's covered. If it is covered(which im pretty sure it is) tell them the dealer is trying to charge you for it.

You shouldn't have to pay for anything on the car.

how much did you pay for it?

kinda weird situation but if you got hell of a deal on the car and clutch isnt too much then who cares but tell us how much you paid.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Dude that clutch is covered under the powertrain warranty and the bumper to bumper warranty because it should be a GM CERTIFIED USED VEHICLE, since its under 30k miles. Don't let that dealership @+*+ with you. They have to fix it. You must be in the south or the northeast.

actually i assumed powetrain covered the clutch but looking online it says that it doesnt.

Also since u bought it thru a private party there is no lemon law. Its a used car. Where'd u buy it from? Car might be clocked back and have more than 3k.

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

i have a lexus and a 240sx, trust me, i know...........but i never would have guessed this would happen at 3k

your 240 >> da v6

Shady shady shady. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I would be pissed.

I have never bought a car off the lot or anything , but i always try to do my research on my cars ESP if they are used and try to cop from a 1 owner

or get a dude who knows about cars to come with you and check it out.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Ford > Chevy

http://www.autoblog.com/2...ng-over-clutch-problems/

By Jonathon Ramsey

Posted Sep 24th 2010 2:00PM

Comments59

Ford has issued a dealer Technical Service Bulletin for a clutch issue on 2011 Mustangs built before April 25, 2010.

Affected models with less than 10,00 miles might experience a clutchpedal stayout condition, where the clutch will remain on the floor evenafter it's released during high RPM shifts, something that sounds likeboth an annoyance and a potential safety issue. According to the TSB,the repair takes less than an hour.

It is not clear if the clutch issue will eventually precipitate arecall, but there have been no rumblings from the National HighwayTraffic Safety Administration to suggest that it will. Have a look atthe details after the jump or speak to you're dealer if you're not sureif your pony car is covered.

German>American

saw your post on camaro5 .... anyway, should be covered under wattanty, but who knows how the previous owner drove it.

unreal... and they just stuck you with it.... you should be able to return it i think with that kind of problem so quick

You imbeciles need to read. He bought it from a private sale. Keep pushing the dealership OP, or go to other ones. That isn't normal wear and tear at all.

BMW To Recall 150,000 Cars and SUVs To Fix Fuel Pumps.Article Comments (29) Driver's Seat HOME PAGE ».EmailPrintTwitter
Digg
+ More
close StumbleUponMySpacedel.icio.usRedditLinkedInFarkViadeoOrkut Text By Jonathan Welsh

Getty Images
Certain versions of BMW’s Z4 sports car are among the models included in a recall to fix fuel pumps. BMW of North America says it will recall certain vehicles from the 2007 to 2010 model years to check and possibly replace their fuel pumps.

The luxury car maker says models equipped with twin-turbo inline six-cylinder engines, all of which use a high-pressure fuel injection system that BMW calls High Precision Injection, may suffer failures of a high-pressure fuel pump. Symptoms of the problem include engines cranking a long time before starting, engine warning lights illuminating and degraded engine performance. Engines may go into

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

how is the clutch NOT part of the powertrain?...
Automatic ******...sure
Manual ******...wear and tear part
Understandable but it should be covered under some type of warranty. If not, I'd def seek legal counsel for that. 3k miles, ur 2nd day w/ it and the clutch goes? I smell foul

Back
Top Bottom