***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

LOL, they are coming! 
mean.gif

As much as I would love to see all those models, and even more, coming back, I know that this will never happen. It's a business and as business Reebok decided to wave high the white flag and check out of it a long time ago. We will have to be happy with whatever scraps they throw at us, millions of pointless Question colorways and tech less classics. That is it, the only hope is Adidas selling them to someone that cares about the full legacy, but again, that's too much ask for and hope for.

This is, sadly, very true. The business model just doesn't support many of the models we want. As Trent says, the "tech-less classics" are what we will get.

What bums me out is the lack of the Ice Pick. Surely that could've happened when the Rail and other basketball shoes of that golden era were happening. Although the Ultra-Hexalite in the heel was probably the killer (if it was ever even considered, which (going by Reebok's recent record) is questionable).

To C Flyness's list, I would add the Gargoyle and the Lightning DMX. Both never happening, but wishes are free.

This is, sadly, very true. The business model just doesn't support many of the models we want. As Trent says, the "tech-less classics" are what we will get.

What bums me out is the lack of the Ice Pick. Surely that could've happened when the Rail and other basketball shoes of that golden era were happening. Although the Ultra-Hexalite in the heel was probably the killer (if it was ever even considered, which (going by Reebok's recent record) is questionable).

To C Flyness's list, I would add the Gargoyle and the Lightning DMX. Both never happening, but wishes are free.

In hindsight that little retro resurgence was disappointing. It was nice to see some of those shoes come back but they did the whole lot of them dirty with shoddy plastic leather and some cheap Nubuck knockoff. The Attaq Is and the Questions were the exception but I ended up selling the rest (for massive losses) as they just felt like cheap replicas.

The sneaker market has cooled off tremendously - anything Reebok or Fila bring from their back catalog is guaranteed to fail unless limited AND well made. I am extremely jaded and I'll no longer purchase retro sneakers with ***** materials regardless of whether it's the first time they retro-ed in 20 years, etc...

Remember the Reebok Hoop Axiom the one with the strap. Nick Van Exel and Kenny Anderson also hooped in this model. So many great models, and yet we would never see them get retroed smh.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of another Reebok model that should also get retroed are you listening Sneaker Gods lol. But for real this model it's bananas, peace and Merry Christmas!

Reebok Brutus Mid & Lo

Took me couple years to hunt a pair of e22
Glad I found a DS for a reasonable price. Too bad I didn't know they run a little big. Oh well, happy with my pair

Took me couple years to hunt a pair of e22
Glad I found a DS for a reasonable price. Too bad I didn't know they run a little big. Oh well, happy with my pair
they run bigger than normal, even bigger than most reeboks i've owned its ridiculous 

I skipped all together this retro, they butchered it IMO with changing the outsole color, it really made me mad. 

I skipped all together this retro, they butchered it IMO with changing the outsole color, it really made me mad. 
as a Dallas Cowboys fan and Emmitt Smith fan i took what we could get, got the blue and the blacks, in the long run i'm actually happy with the gum sole as i know they won't yellow atleast that's how i justify my satisfaction 
laugh.gif

Good thing with Reebok ICE is they never yellow, especially the new retros, look at the Question, more than 10 years old pairs are ice and crispy.

Good thing with Reebok ICE is they never yellow, especially the new retros, look at the Question, more than 10 years old pairs are ice and crispy.
you know i never thought about that but yeah you're right.....interesting

as a Dallas Cowboys fan and Emmitt Smith fan i took what we could get, got the blue and the blacks, in the long run i'm actually happy with the gum sole as i know they won't yellow atleast that's how i justify my satisfaction :lol:

Some food for thought redrum3281 redrum3281 , but I think Reebok made a mistake with the ES22 retro and thought the original sole was a 'Gum' sole. I suppose at that point the OG sample pairs they had must've yellowed pretty badly.

Funny you should say that, but I saw a few vintage pairs on ebay that were very clear and nice, like the day they came out. 

trentbg trentbg , highly possible that the person in charge of the retro messed up. It's a known fact that Reebok doesn't know its own history from a month ago so a football trainer from the 90s would be the equivalent of writing a research paper on Stonehenge. Some of the OG Preacher pairs are yellowed too, but I guess it's from people not storing them correctly.

I think they made a mistake because they've running some damn good 'Blue' clear soles for decades, so the switch up seems odd.

Back
Top Bottom