New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Bynum has no movement at all. His knee is a big question mark, and he will always be outhustled on the boards because of this. He's great for a very slow 1/2 court game though, but he won't do good if LA were to go younger. The league's all about speed now. You seen how these noobie PGs like John Wall and Kyrie run? They are quick as heck. Even at the NCAA level, these college guys are juiced out the door.

We are regressing backwards to the day were FASTBREAKS and SHOWTIME dominated headlines!

Exactly! Thats why I think keeping Pau and going for D12 would be better overall for team play & chemistry.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by Essential1

Sessions & Hill seem to be guarantees on the roster next year.. Lakers brass says they are high priority, and both seemed happy to come back (especially Sessions).. Unless a team comes in with as I call it now the "DeAndre Special" of offering a boat load of money to someone who isn't worth it..

Who I want to come back with minutes played NEXT SEASON per game : Sessions (27), Kobe (33) , Metta (16 if you've paid attention to my last 100 posts in here you know why), Hill (22), Bynum (34)

Getting rid of Pau is a must...

With what should come back, it means we need 5-6 more players for our rotation...  (I'm extremely big on bringing in 2 All-Star Caliber SFs in a Pau  3team trade, KG, LO)..

That's what I want to see..  Last 1-2 players in the rotation would be a backup PG.. And if need be an insurance backup SG..  Which I have no ideas for

I don't think you or most people really understand basketball and chemistry.  Kobe and Pau have proven to the world that the 1-2 hit combo of them worked!  There's NO AGRUMENT there.  The disdain came this year and it was obvious.  Bynum started to get a bigger role and this changed the WHOLE team.  Factor in a new coach and his reluctance to actually incorporate his own style and you begin to see why this fell short. 

Bottom line, either LA dumps PAU, or dumps BYNUM.  They will never co-exist together, all three of them.  The only positive news from the moves were Jordan Hill but lets hope he doesn't go to jail.
roll.gif

At some point, LA needs to find its next cornerstone and then more drama will exist.  The end of the Kobe era is apparent.

Agreed
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

1. D12 and Bynum are a different style. While Bynum could breakout to be a monster on the offensive side of the ball we dont really need that with Kobe & a skilled 
big like Pau. D12 would greatly improve are team in areas Bynum cant, he would eliminate the pick & roll defensively as well as stop the guard penetration.

2. He would be the best thing that happened to Sessions. He can run up & down with Sessions and also be deadly with pick & rolls. This would allow us to keep sessions for our starting PG for a cheaper price instead of going and getting a big name guard.

3. Kobe & Pau work better off each other and can make up for the majority of the offensive bulk. The only reason Pau has not been putting up his career numbers is because with the emergence of Bynum he has been pushed further out the paint which he which he shouldnt be as skilled as he is. Pau & D12 would compliment better also, because you

could work D12 in more of a P&R game and use his athletic ability where Pau could be used low/mid post with his skill. Which would put D12 in position for what he does best 

and offensive rebound. This serves well for when Kobe goes into hero mode and starts missing shots or are bench goes ice cold, D12 could easily get the offensive rebound

for 2nd chance opportunities.

4. He would bring better balance, he brings it every night, he can pass out of the double, etc. As much as I like the kid, Bynum wants to be the man and seems like one of those players that 

will always have something to prove and will disregard tradition or values to get his point across. 

Also the way D12 takes care of his body I am sure he will come back from the injury just fine. If the lakers can maybe pick LO back up for cheap and make another move

and maybe pick up iggy or something it would be instant champ contenders for these next two years. which most would come off the books anyway. Everything I listed

Bynum cant do. 

Bynum is great, but he is your traditional style of Center. He is heavier, a low post monster, slows down the offense for halfcourt situations. But I feel if

we want to contend with OKC and San Antonio we should get him to speed us up on both sides of the ball. Anyway sorry for the long essay 
laugh.gif

Ship em both out for whatever I care.. Pau has run his course here in LA with the Front Office, the players, and Kobe .. Whereas Bynum hasn't yet, but is on the edge..

If you are offered Dwight for Bynum... TAKE IT!.

1. I agree
2.  I DEFINITELY AGREE.. 

The problem is we need a wing scorer...  Actually 2 or 3 of them..   Unless we trade Pau, it doesn't happen.. Or you can trade Bynum for wings, but then you'd be stuck with Pau as your sole big man with Jordan Hill
sick.gif
. And that is with how good I think Hill can be (which is very solid)... We'd be stuck trying to use Jason Kapono types again to fill in 3 or 4 roles on this team, and we know how that went with Murphy & Kapono (seriously where did Kapono's shot go this season?)..

As great as Metta is.. He needs to be moved to the bench in 15-20minute role... I'm tired of seeing him playing 30 minutes no matter how much effort he gives.  If Metta World Peace is your everyday starter, you are not in position for a title.. Sure I'd start him against the Durant's and James' of the league, but I'm not playing him 30 minutes every night. (don't give me Ebanks, he's not the answer.) And I love Metta's effort, his defense is still top notch in the league, but besides April his offense was
laugh.gif
. And he's really always been that way.. He's a great asset on this team, but he's not 30+ minute material..

Back to Pau..  Finding a veteran PF who will give you a very solid 24 minutes is not as difficult to find with no money, as finding a great player who can shoot, and isn't a huge liability on defense.

That brings me to Iggy. You don't get Iggy without including Pau in a three team deal (only way we can absorb a $14mil salary)..  As you know my dream is a Bulls - Sixers - Lakers  3 team deal.... Where we get Iguodala & Deng.. Pau is shipped out and has to include a filler leaving LA. 

Leaves you with 3 rotation slots to fit (10 rotation players, 5 fillers) You HAVE to use your Trade Exception.. There's no way around it, it needs to be used and if this is the 1 and only time to get us a backup PG  I'll accept the fact from now on TPE's are worthless after this point..

Then make your push after Lamar and a KG (I guess KG is considering retirement instead of looking like a diminished player for another year).. He also wants to be with his children.. What better team than the Lakers if he plays a year and give him the option of two... His family has a house in Malibu, so he's in perfect place to be around family a lot more.

This is best case scenario of course..

Also another problem with Howard & Pau.. Is Howard plays 3rd fiddle.. I think he can handle Second Fiddle in quest for a title.. But with Pau.. He is Third Fiddle.. That is a big reason why he says he doesn't want to be here.. He's hands down the best Center in the league, and best Center since Shaq..

In my opinion if you trade one or the other it is Pau because he brings you more depth in a trade, and still allows for a team to stay with a force in the middle....  If you trade for Howard, both of them have to go.

1. D12 and Bynum are a different style. While Bynum could breakout to be a monster on the offensive side of the ball we dont really need that with Kobe & a skilled 
big like Pau. D12 would greatly improve are team in areas Bynum cant, he would eliminate the pick & roll defensively as well as stop the guard penetration.

2. He would be the best thing that happened to Sessions. He can run up & down with Sessions and also be deadly with pick & rolls. This would allow us to keep sessions for our starting PG for a cheaper price instead of going and getting a big name guard.

3. Kobe & Pau work better off each other and can make up for the majority of the offensive bulk. The only reason Pau has not been putting up his career numbers is because with the emergence of Bynum he has been pushed further out the paint which he which he shouldnt be as skilled as he is. Pau & D12 would compliment better also, because you

could work D12 in more of a P&R game and use his athletic ability where Pau could be used low/mid post with his skill. Which would put D12 in position for what he does best 

and offensive rebound. This serves well for when Kobe goes into hero mode and starts missing shots or are bench goes ice cold, D12 could easily get the offensive rebound

for 2nd chance opportunities.

4. He would bring better balance, he brings it every night, he can pass out of the double, etc. As much as I like the kid, Bynum wants to be the man and seems like one of those players that 

will always have something to prove and will disregard tradition or values to get his point across. 

Also the way D12 takes care of his body I am sure he will come back from the injury just fine. If the lakers can maybe pick LO back up for cheap and make another move

and maybe pick up iggy or something it would be instant champ contenders for these next two years. which most would come off the books anyway. Everything I listed

Bynum cant do. 

Bynum is great, but he is your traditional style of Center. He is heavier, a low post monster, slows down the offense for halfcourt situations. But I feel if

we want to contend with OKC and San Antonio we should get him to speed us up on both sides of the ball. Anyway sorry for the long essay 
laugh.gif

Ship em both out for whatever I care.. Pau has run his course here in LA with the Front Office, the players, and Kobe .. Whereas Bynum hasn't yet, but is on the edge..

If you are offered Dwight for Bynum... TAKE IT!.

1. I agree
2.  I DEFINITELY AGREE.. 

The problem is we need a wing scorer...  Actually 2 or 3 of them..   Unless we trade Pau, it doesn't happen.. Or you can trade Bynum for wings, but then you'd be stuck with Pau as your sole big man with Jordan Hill
sick.gif
. And that is with how good I think Hill can be (which is very solid)... We'd be stuck trying to use Jason Kapono types again to fill in 3 or 4 roles on this team, and we know how that went with Murphy & Kapono (seriously where did Kapono's shot go this season?)..

As great as Metta is.. He needs to be moved to the bench in 15-20minute role... I'm tired of seeing him playing 30 minutes no matter how much effort he gives.  If Metta World Peace is your everyday starter, you are not in position for a title.. Sure I'd start him against the Durant's and James' of the league, but I'm not playing him 30 minutes every night. (don't give me Ebanks, he's not the answer.) And I love Metta's effort, his defense is still top notch in the league, but besides April his offense was
laugh.gif
. And he's really always been that way.. He's a great asset on this team, but he's not 30+ minute material..

Back to Pau..  Finding a veteran PF who will give you a very solid 24 minutes is not as difficult to find with no money, as finding a great player who can shoot, and isn't a huge liability on defense.

That brings me to Iggy. You don't get Iggy without including Pau in a three team deal (only way we can absorb a $14mil salary)..  As you know my dream is a Bulls - Sixers - Lakers  3 team deal.... Where we get Iguodala & Deng.. Pau is shipped out and has to include a filler leaving LA. 

Leaves you with 3 rotation slots to fit (10 rotation players, 5 fillers) You HAVE to use your Trade Exception.. There's no way around it, it needs to be used and if this is the 1 and only time to get us a backup PG  I'll accept the fact from now on TPE's are worthless after this point..

Then make your push after Lamar and a KG (I guess KG is considering retirement instead of looking like a diminished player for another year).. He also wants to be with his children.. What better team than the Lakers if he plays a year and give him the option of two... His family has a house in Malibu, so he's in perfect place to be around family a lot more.

This is best case scenario of course..

Also another problem with Howard & Pau.. Is Howard plays 3rd fiddle.. I think he can handle Second Fiddle in quest for a title.. But with Pau.. He is Third Fiddle.. That is a big reason why he says he doesn't want to be here.. He's hands down the best Center in the league, and best Center since Shaq..

In my opinion if you trade one or the other it is Pau because he brings you more depth in a trade, and still allows for a team to stay with a force in the middle....  If you trade for Howard, both of them have to go.
You make really good points...i dont no its just something about Bynum I dont trust. I dont trust his attitude, his maturity, or his knees. 
My dream scenario would be for us to trade for D12 and we bring back one of their wing shooters that could bolster our bench with. Maybe use our Trade exception and work our magic to 

to bring in another piece. I mean lets be real, with Brown we are only looking at an 7 man rotation, 8 tops. So really we would only need 2 solid, reliable bench players. 

And I dont think D12 would be playing 2nd fiddle. His role just wouldnt be focused on offense. The team could be looked at in a football aspect where he would be our defense' captain.

If there is one thing you can take away from SA over the years is if you give your stars a definite role and equal responsibility and accountability it can work with maturity.

Stop with the needless Mike Brown digs

You really think if we had 10 Worthy players he would play 7 of them. Don't be nonsensical.

We had a small rotation because our team was not good.

We were a second round exit team this year with Mike Brown, Phil Jackson, Sloan, JVG, etc.

Our team was 1 great player 2 inconsistent stars. And 13 guys who were either awful or mediocre , underwhelming or inconsistent.

You really think if we had 10 Worthy players he would play 7 of them. Don't be nonsensical.

We were a second round exit team this year with Mike Brown, Phil Jackson, Sloan, JVG, etc.

Our team was 1 great player 2 inconsistent stars. And 13 guys who were either awful or mediocre , underwhelming or inconsistent.
I dont if that directed to me but I am one of the few Anti-Anti MB hater. It is majorly uncalled for.

I dont if that directed to me but I am one of the few Anti-Anti MB hater. It is majorly uncalled for.

It was.. Because of  the rotation comment.. You're right.. I forgot..  But for future #TFMB people my comment applies on rotation discussions
roll.gif

I thought of another thing that makes me against Pau.. And for that matter Bynum.. I actually don't want either now because of it
laugh.gif
. Is pick & roll defense.. Half of the reason Sessions looks bad on defense.. Is he can't handle the pick and roll.. And what makes it worse neither can Gasol.. And even worse Bynum is worse than both of them on pick & roll defense..   Sessions is a bad defender (no doubt), but part of the Thunder's game, Spurs' game, Nuggets' game was the pick and roll.. And if you don't have a big who knows how to play the pick and roll on defense.. And your PG can't handle it either.. Your PG looks even worse..  Sessions once again is a bad defender, but he wasn't done any favors by Pau or Bynum who just don't help on Pick & Rolls.

The one thing we can be hopefully about Sessions is each year in the league he has added something to his game... It isn't the typical route great players take by improving at multiple things at once, but at least he always grows his game..   Catch & Shoot  and Defense is all I need.. And defense being average is fine with me.. Everything else I'm happy with.

Dwight is a world class defender...  KG is one of the best help defenders in the league...

I just don't see how we win the title with either Pau or Bynum on the team..  If we trade 1 I begrudgingly keep Bynum.. But I want both gone.. Also Pau's value will only decline, and if we don't win it net year  we have to trade him, and we will get a dime at best on our dollar..  There's a saying called "Sell High"  well Pau will not be any higher than he is now.

It was.. Because of  the rotation comment.. You're right.. I forgot..  But for future #TFMB people my comment applies on rotation discussions
roll.gif

I thought of another thing that makes me against Pau.. And for that matter Bynum.. I actually don't want either now because of it
laugh.gif
. Is pick & roll defense.. Half of the reason Sessions looks bad on defense.. Is he can't handle the pick and roll.. And what makes it worse neither can Gasol.. And even worse Bynum is worse than both of them on pick & roll defense..   Sessions is a bad defender (no doubt), but part of the Thunder's game, Spurs' game, Nuggets' game was the pick and roll.. And if you don't have a big who knows how to play the pick and roll on defense.. And your PG can't handle it either.. Your PG looks even worse..  Sessions once again is a bad defender, but he wasn't done any favors by Pau or Bynum who just don't help on Pick & Rolls.

The one thing we can be hopefully about Sessions is each year in the league he has added something to his game... It isn't the typical route great players take by improving at multiple things at once, but at least he always grows his game..   Catch & Shoot  and Defense is all I need.. And defense being average is fine with me.. Everything else I'm happy with.

Dwight is a world class defender...  KG is one of the best help defenders in the league...

I just don't see how we win the title with either Pau or Bynum on the team..  If we trade 1 I begrudgingly keep Bynum.. But I want both gone.. Also Pau's value will only decline, and if we don't win it net year  we have to trade him, and we will get a dime at best on our dollar..  There's a saying called "Sell High"  well Pau will not be any higher than he is now.
Yea either way we are in a bind
D12 & Josh Smith?!
laugh.gif

I no thats impossible, but one can dream 
laugh.gif

Josh & D12 works because they are GREAT friends. So it will keep Dwight in LA. That defense is supreme. Just need Josh to fix his shot selection of everywhere

Somehow I still need Deng or Iggy wearing Purple & Gold with that team
roll.gif

Unless you can get someone like Dwight or D-Will, the lakers should definitely stick to with Pau + Drew.. This current roster just needs a lot of tweaks in the bench and "playbook". Sessions just needs the off-season + training camp to calibrate the team chemistry

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by Wings90

Roy would be a good move. Wouldn't hurt to give him a shot.

Low risk high reward. 
depends on his health.. maybe he should also get the platelet rich plasma like kobe is gonna do...if they can get him to the point where he can be 50% of what he was, the lakers will have a little bit more depth coming off the bench

There is no way in hell I want to go thru another season of Pau and Bynum.

You HAVE to trade one of them, they can't play together.
Even when we won both rings, Bynum was always on the bench in the 4th, Pau was the C and LO was the 4.

Originally Posted by hp15

Unless you can get someone like Dwight or D-Will, the lakers should definitely stick to with Pau + Drew.. This current roster just needs a lot of tweaks in the bench and "playbook". Sessions just needs the off-season + training camp to calibrate the team chemistry

That's obviously the problem......the team doesn't have the money or timeto make "a lot of tweaks" without involving a trade.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

That's obviously the problem......the team doesn't have the money or timeto make "a lot of tweaks" without involving a trade.
no, but we got a lot of young players that we dont need and those can be used as trade bait.. besides lamar odom is a broken man.. he doesnt have trust in the team to rejoin them after they got rid of him

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

I wonder if Roy has thought about going over to Germany and getting those Kobe knees. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I think he did but decided to retire. Give him a 2 year contract with the second one being a team option.

Originally Posted by wcghost

howard, iggy, and LO all during the off-season?

laker fans never disappoint.
like thats a stretch.... howard for bynum and trashwould have been a done deal last year if dwight didnt opt in. iggy has been on th trading block for almost a decade now.
and you have the nerve to bring up LO like hes some sort of prize???
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by thachosen123

no, but we got a lot of young players that we dont need and those can be used as trade bait.. 
alot of young players that never got any playing time. why would anyone want them if they never even see how they play? 
laugh.gif

I would post what Jim said in an interview... But it was praise for Mike Brown, and I know how some of you guys can't stand those kind of words...

thank you. mike brown sucks...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

I would post what Jim said in an interview... But it was praise for Mike Brown, and I know how some of you guys can't stand those kind of words...

thank you. mike brown sucks...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Our season/off-season thread > *

Well now that you had to randomly still insult Mike Brown when I was doing you a favor..

“Me personally, I’m never happy unless we win our last game in the playoffs," (Jim) Buss said in an interview on the "Mason & Ireland Show" on 710 ESPN Radio on Thursday. "I’m very disappointed in the season. I thought we were a better team than this, but you can look at it as this was the first year these guys have played together with this coach".

Jim Buss: "I think (Mike Brown) did a fantastic job. ... I want to sit down for a couple hours and go through (if) his influence showed up on the floor, which I think it did. I think it was just unfortunate we lost that series, otherwise we’d still be in it and we’d all think that everything is fantastic."

Back
Top Bottom