New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

I haven't actually chimed in on Nash (aside from jokes), but I wouldn't mind him, actually.

Reason? His fitness/diet. Yeah, you could look at a guy and say "No way I want him! He's 38!" But if that guy takes care of himself SO WELL that his 38 is more like the average NBAer's 34, I'm good with that.

And y'all can now go ahead and get familiar with his diet and fitness regimen. That man is OBSESSIVE about taking care of his body and eating right.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I haven't actually chimed in on Nash (aside from jokes), but I wouldn't mind him, actually.

Reason? His fitness/diet. Yeah, you could look at a guy and say "No way I want him! He's 38!" But if that guy takes care of himself SO WELL that his 38 is more like the average NBAer's 34, I'm good with that.

And y'all can now go ahead and get familiar with his diet and fitness regimen. That man is OBSESSIVE about taking care of his body and eating right.

To that extent yes..  But if he's getting $9mil a year after Kobe's contract expires, we are delaying the inevitable on what the team needs to do when Kobe's contract expires..

One of the things I've been thinking about is we need to go all out. Yes.  But there is a way to do it while being smart..

If Nash is getting $9mil each year, and $9mil when Kobe comes off the books we are delaying trying to rebuild and get under the luxury ASAP.

But the same way.. Yes he's 38, and yes he keeps himself in good shape (to an extent)..  He is still a higher liability of injury..

And I still don't like the idea that we'd have to trade Pau for Nash (only way Suns don't get robbed in a deal, which points to he will not be here, because we can't give the Suns a good deal)...  And still be left with Steve Blake as our back up..

Kobe and Nash on the same team would be nuts. These guys are work horses when it comes to trying to preserve their bodies. 

Steve Nash doesn't bring any defense, though. If Mike Brown isn't capable of creating a coherent offense, could he utilize Steve to the fullest? I have my doubts.

Nash is definitely a missing piece to the current roster. With the system Mike Brown is running, you absolutely need a pick-n-roll pg who can properly dish out to the bigs. But despite how much of a perfect fit he is, his ~10M price tag might be tough to deal with, especially with the already massive payroll

Nevermind... 

Nash starting would be cool..  But when you're still getting torched 48 minutes, and even worse than we did this year.. It doesn't matter

*Off topic* Y'all think PJ would take the HC job in Miami when spo gets canned
frown.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

frown.gif
mad.gif
Nope. Riles won't share the spotlight with Phil and vice versa. If anything, Riley will come down to coach the team. But with that said, I think Spo is a good coach. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

frown.gif
mad.gif
Nope. Riles won't share the spotlight with Phil and vice versa. If anything, Riley will come down to coach the team. But with that said, I think Spo is a good coach. 

Please tell me that is sarcasm

Man, our team looking like its in disarray and the Celtics are a win away from the finals
30t6p3b.gif

FML.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

frown.gif
mad.gif

Please tell me that is sarcasm

laugh.gif
gotta be..........wasn't/isn't westcoast one of the main ones calling for MB head?
30t6p3b.gif

the only thing Pau is better than Bosh is the passing,

Bosh can space the floor for Kobe/Sessions to drive and can actually hit that 3 if were implementing the same offense, and he can create his own shot

I'd only take on Bosh if we choose to keep Bynum tho

I hate seeing the OLD Celtics do well. Watch them give 100% on every single possession and comparing it to us...

World's difference.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I hate seeing the OLD Celtics do well. Watch them give 100% on every single possession and comparing it to us...

World's difference.

Sigh........it's like night and day. Those dudes know how/when to buy in

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

So Lebron only has 2 years left in Miami right?
nerd.gif

If you are insinuating him coming here... I pass.

And the answer is 2-4 depending on if he opts out in the 3rd or 4th year.

I pass on Bosh because I don't want to sit with him here for 4 years... Also we need a Starting SF than a PF, An All-Star SF + other role players can be gotten for Pau.. And a good enough PF can be easily got in the market.. 

Other than James Jones off the bench.. Please keep everyone on that Miami roster all the way the !!%+ away from the Lakers

What do Laker fans think of Gary Forbes? He is free agent in 2 years, maybe when Kobe retires? They play the same position.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Lebron on this team would have me
happy.gif

I would consider taking a Laker sabbatical if Lebron ended up on the Lakers (it will never happen because he wouldn't want the scrutiny)... But if he ends up on the Lakers 4 years from now, I will only passively root for the team until he leaves...

Lebron on the Lakers literally make me nauseous
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom