New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by arstyle27

You people are not gonna fleece us. Let me make that point very clear to all of you.
I don't think that's up to you or us to decide. But I like our odds with Mitch.
He's the GM didn't you know.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by arstyle27

You people are not gonna fleece us. Let me make that point very clear to all of you.

How can we fleece ya'll when ya'll don't have $$@@?

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

^^ i dont want Sasha back

Spoiler [+]
i want the Machine back

this. the machine who scored 20 points on game 3 of the finals vs the celtics
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chaose57

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

^^ i dont want Sasha back

Spoiler [+]
i want the Machine back

this. the machine who scored 20 points on game 3 of the finals vs the celtics
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Where'd you get that avy? Scarlett?

The bottom line is whether LA goes back to a 1-2 punch combo in Bynum/Kobe, or 3 headed Hydra.  Gasol and Kobe were doing Pick and Pops all day, all night.  If Bynum leaned up, got quicker and realized defense is more important than points, then LA will have a lot of success.  Right now, the issue is the chemistry.  Bynum's antics are distracting, and its a reflection that he wants the ball, but doesn't realize it's at the expense of the flow on the offense.

So if Pau gets traded, be prepare for a backup center, and wingman type of guy. 

If I was BUSS, I'd want Kevin Durant as my new franchise guy. Kobe is good an all, but he's 30+. 30+!

KD shall be the new LAKERS guy.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Sixers already have Elton Brand why would they want another old PF ? lol

On Max Kellerman show he said Chris Bosh for Pau

Dwight for Bynum or Bynum for Deron William

We'll have

Dwill + Kobe + Metta+ Lamar+ Chris Bosh

or

Session+ Kobe+ Metta + Pau+ Dwight
Posts like this and the one right above me talking about getting Kevin Durant remind me how delusional a majority of Laker fans are.  
roll.gif

I can't tell if you guys are serious or not.

^Yup, it comes with the territory of being a habitually successful/widely popular team like the Yankees, Lakers, etc. A lot of the team's fans are only fans because they're good every year or success is all they've ever known so they just expect it to be handed to them. I remember reading on Lakersground after the CP3 deal got nixed somebody was like "well if we need a PG why not just get John Wall?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yea I bet the Wizards are just itching to trade away the guy they picked number 1 overall LAST SEASON
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

If I was BUSS, I'd want Kevin Durant as my new franchise guy. Kobe is good an all, but he's 30+. 30+!

One of the dumbest post I've seen in S&T. I've seen dumber, still, this was pretty dumb.

RunningFishy,

where would you start in terms of gettin KD out of an OKC jersey and into a Lakers jersey?

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

laugh.gif

The Thunder will not give up Kevin. 
eyes.gif

That Scarlett avy is from He's Just Not That Into You.  And that scene was, memorable. 
smokin.gif

(I'm married, wife loves that movie, sue me.  I got to look at Scarlett, Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Connely, call it even
wink.gif
)

Back to business.  Funny PMatic mentioning Deng's minutes, which would surely increase 11 fold under Mike Brown. 
glasses.gif

As for Lamar, gotta think he would be HUNGRY, right?  He's gotta know he ain't gettin paid this time, comes in cheap, but HUNGRY to prove all the naysayers wrong that were talkin outta turn on him this past year.  Maybe that is good for us.  Same as Ariza, he comes in cheap, we get both him and Ron, one for tough, one for speed.  I could dig that.  Absolutely deepens our bench, and Ariza basically would just take Barnes spot, LO may end up starting if Pau gets dealt, Hill comes off the bench, then whatever we added for Pau. 

Hmmm. 

We may not be in as bad a shape as I thought.  All depends on the money LO and Ariza would cost, but if we get them low, and do a semi decent Pau deal, is that not a pretty damn good offseason?  And by the deadline, we may find a use to sell Blake as he would only be a year plus 2 months when we would be trading him (ala Fisher, probably with a pick) and could turn that into one extra player in the Beasley mode that we didn't get pulled off this past deadline. 

Still, lot depends, again, on the health of Drew/Kobe stayin on their feet for another year. 
ohwell.gif

Please dont ever utter Yankees and Lakers in the same sentence.

The Lakers have nowhere near the prestige the pinstripes have

Starting 5:

Bynum

Gibson

Odom

Bryant

Sessions

Bench:

Deng

Ariza

World Peace

Beasley

Goudelock

Morris

Hill

pimp.gif
 Lakers address the bench issue for sure...

^^ Odom at his best is 6th man,

and you have 3 starters at SF on the bench?

if youre goin with that roster, amnesty World Peace and its either Deng/Ariza. Probably Deng

its still a super reach tho

I look at some of these ideas and I wonder about people's sense of reality

But u know what that Lakers need???

The Lakers need some NASTY

Originally Posted by John Mayer

The Yankees are the Lakers of the MLB.
You're welcome. 

Bunch of things from the Last few pages I wanted to talk about.

On Sessions being the backup…
Spoiler [+]
Not going to happen. He’s either starting or he will leave, and he actually has that luxury because there are multiple teams looking for a Starting PG. And if Sessions leaves, unless you get Steve Nash you will be downgrading at the Point. Even then we are not even in the running for Nash.. It is more than likely Nash finishes his career in Phoenix..Lowry isn’t being traded. The Rockets have no urge to trade him, and Lowry doesn’t want to be traded. Also we are not on the top of the list for him. Raptors are (better pieces, smaller contracts, more picks at better spot)..Any other PG we get is not going to be an improvement on offense... An improvement on defense ? Of course. But the red herring is that Steve Blake is still the backup. So “insert FA PG

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Sixers already have Elton Brand why would they want another old PF ? lol

On Max Kellerman show he said Chris Bosh for Pau

Dwight for Bynum or Bynum for Deron William

We'll have

Dwill + Kobe + Metta+ Lamar+ Chris Bosh

or

Session+ Kobe+ Metta + Pau+ Dwight
Posts like this and the one right above me talking about getting Kevin Durant remind me how delusional a majority of Laker fans are.  
roll.gif

I can't tell if you guys are serious or not.
Chamberlain, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Lamar Odom, Pau, Caron Butler, Kareem, Shaq, Pau, Glen Rice, Artest, CP3*... I see what you're talking about.

*for all intents and purposes

We need to build this team for the next 2 seasons...After the next two seasons...this team will probably have all new faces besides Kobe. 

Originally Posted by John Mayer

Stick to music John. There's no room for squares in this thread.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

We need to build this team for the next 2 seasons...After the next two seasons...this team will probably have all new faces besides Kobe. 

Same page... High Five..  

Back
Top Bottom