News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

So apparantly Mockingjay might miss out on a release in China, Russia, and Mexico because of Umbrella Revolution, don't know what revolt is going on in Russia, and the Occupy movement in Mexico. Doubt it will hit all 3 but I could easily see it hitting China. China has even delayed the opening till 2015. But I wouldnt be surprised if it never played.

Last edited:
‘X-Men: Apocalypse': Who's Being Eyed to Play Young Jean Grey, Cyclops? (Exclusive)

Chloe Moretz and Hailee Steinfeld are up for a role, as is “Interstellar” actor Timothee Chalamet

Chloe Moretz, Elle Fanning and Oscar-nominated actress Hailee Steinfeld are among the teenage leading ladies being eyed to play young Jean Grey in Bryan Singer‘s “X-Men: Apocalypse,” while Ben Hardy, Charlie Rowe and Timothee Chalamet are under consideration for the role of young Cyclops, multiple individuals familiar with the 20th Century Fox project have told TheWrap.

20th Century Fox had no comment on the respective shortlists.

While a representative for Moretz didn't respond to multiple requests for comment, an insider confirms that she and Fanning were among the girls who met with Singer in recent weeks as he commenced his search for young Jean Grey, who is expected to recur in future “X-Men” movies.

Sources caution that official test offers for the role of Jean Grey have not been made yet and not only are other up-and-comers still in the mix, but it's unclear whether Fanning is even pursuing the high-profile role at this time.

What's clear at this point is that Singer is aiming high for the role of young Jean Grey, while the director seems more open to casting a fresh face as Cyclops. The on-and-off couple, often considered the emotional center of the “X-Men” universe, have existed in the comics since the team was launched in the 1960s, with those younger versions recently transported to present day for a major arc under writer Brian Michael Bendis.

Famke Janssen played Jean Grey in five “X-Men” movies, with Haley Ramm portraying the character in “X-Men: The Last Stand. Cyclops, aka Scott Summers, has been portrayed by James Marsden in four films and by Tim Pocock in “X-Men: Origins: Wolverine.”

“X-Men: Apocalypse” takes the franchise in a new direction, and producer Simon Kinberg has already revealed that the film will bring in younger actors to play Cyclops, Storm and Jean Grey.

“X-Men Apocalypse” will highlight Magneto's romance with Mystique, putting stars Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence front and center, which is right where Fox — and audiences — want them.

“Apocalypse” is scheduled to start production in the spring, as Fox will release the film on May 27, 2016. The most recent entry in the comic book franchise, “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” grossed nearly $750 million worldwide.

Moretz already has one comic book movie franchise under her belt, having played Hit Girl in the “Kick-***” films, though that franchise can't compete with the size and scope of the “X-Men” universe. She's currently filming her own franchise starter — Sony's “The 5th Wave,” based on the bestselling YA series by Rick Yancey. The only other upcoming project to which she is attached to star is Sacha Gervasi's “November Criminals.”

Steinfeld has been working non-stop since she earned an Oscar nomination for her supporting turn in “True Grit.” She currently co-stars in Tommy Lee Jones’ awards contender “The Homesman” and she has Universal's “Term Life” and “Pitch Perfect 2” on the horizon along with this year's Toronto selection “The Keeping Room.”

Fanning has vacillated between blockbusters like “Maleficent” and “Super 8” and indies like “Ginger & Rosa,” “Low Down” and “Young Ones.” She recently wrapped “Trumbo” with Bryan Cranston and Helen Mirren.

Chalamet can currently be seen playing Matthew McConaughey's son in Christopher Nolan's “Interstellar.” He also appeared in Jason Reitman's “Men, Women & Children” and Showtime's “Homeland.”

Hardy is best known for playing Peter Beale on “EastEnders,” while Rowe stars on “Red Band Society” and played a young Andrew Garfield in “Never Let Me Go.” He also appeared in “The Golden Compass.”

If you a true fan of comics, you should ignore all these Sony/fox titles and sabotage everyone you know from even thinking about going, the only thing that will ever have these dumb execs begging Marvel to take their rights back is putting them in the negative and no profits, from anything that includes toys, these dudes are destroying iconic characters, Dr Doom is being turned into a joke, they've burnt out Logan, putting Mags into some dumb love triangle, for Gods sake! Just let the pros handle these films...

And an Aunt May movie!!!!! Who the **** would. Want to see this!?

I still think they mean May Parker from MC2 universe. That Spider-Girl comic ran for 10 years. But then where the **** did all that **** about ripping off peggy carter come from.

If you a true fan of comics, you should ignore all these Sony/fox titles and sabotage everyone you know from even thinking about going, the only thing that will ever have these dumb execs begging Marvel to take their rights back is putting them in the negative and no profits, from anything that includes toys, these dudes are destroying iconic characters, Dr Doom is being turned into a joke, they've burnt out Logan, putting Mags into some dumb love triangle, for Gods sake! Just let the pros handle these films...

And an Aunt May movie!!!!! Who the **** would. Want to see this!?

ALL OF THIS. The only positive is seeing the powers of the characters. The stories, casting and COMPLETE lack of respect for the source material is a joke.

I tried to get y'all to boycott the last one and you didnt listen |I

You done ****** up now. Apocalypse is The Sequel to a movie that did 750M. 700M guaranteed, even if it sucks.
F4 is "by the people who brought you Days of Future Past". As long as it doesnt flop it will be successful enough.

Exclusive: Chris Pratt to Star in COWBOY NINJA VIKING

Chris Pratt quickly went from talented comedic actor to franchise star with this summer’s Guardians of the Galaxy, and now he’s poised to lead another studio tentpole film. Sources tell us that Pratt is now attached to topline Universal’s adaptation of the graphic novel Cowboy Ninja Viking, which was created by writer A.J. Lieberman and artist Riley Rossmo. It sounds like the kind of title that would pique the interest of Pratt’s Parks and Recreation alter ego Andy Dwyer, and indeed it’s a rather heightened genre project. The story revolves around a schizophrenic assassin working for a secret government program who possess the skills of a cowboy, a ninja, and a Viking. More after the jump.

A Cowboy Ninja Viking movie has been kicking around for a few years now. Zombieland scribes Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese initially penned the adaptation for Disney, which deemed the resulting script “too edgy”. Universal subsequently picked it up out of turnaround and a few years ago attached Marc Forster (Quantum of Solace) to direct, though he’s no longer involved with the project.

The protagonist of the graphic novel, Duncan, is a result of a counter-intelligence program made up of Multiple Personality Disorder patients who are transformed into agents known as Triplets, so-called for their three different personalities (hence the title). Duncan subsequently escapes and uses his skills to track down the billionaire who masterminded the program. We’re told that per the latest draft of the script, the three different personalities (the Cowboy, the Ninja, and the Viking) physically manifest onscreen as three different people when Duncan switches personas, but to onlookers he still just looks like Duncan (ie. Pratt). It’s possible that the film could be executed this way, with three different actors playing the protagonist’s manifestations while Pratt plays Duncan, but obviously the script and/or vision may evolve once a director comes onboard.

Though a director is not yet set for the film, attaching Pratt as the lead will no doubt attract interest from a number of filmmakers. Mark Gordon, who is producing the Aaron Sorkin-penned Steve Jobs biopic at Sony, is producing Cowboy Ninja Viking.

Last edited:
I'm sold off the title alone. All the things I pretended to be as a child. Lol

Last edited:
Don't fool yourselves. Yall disgusted with FOX or SONY aren't organized enough to form a boycott that'll effectively hurt either company. Just let them wallow in their filth by producing this garbage. They'll make enough **** ups where they'll see a loss on their own and they won't have any other choice but to let rights revert.

I still think they mean May Parker from MC2 universe. That Spider-Girl comic ran for 10 years. But then where the **** did all that **** about ripping off peggy carter come from.
Those are two different things. There's a rumor about a female solo Spidey flick which could be any chick that's ever been a Spider-Woman or Spider-Girl or w/e else.

Then there's a rumor about Aunt May being some 60s era spy :x :smh: :rolleyes

SONY knows what it's doing letting trash ideas like that leak.

Last edited:
i didn't know where to post this is but Sony dropped the Jobs biopic :nerd:

Pretty sure Boyle and Fassbender will be out soon too

They've been keeping up with that biopic in the movie/tv thread.

I lost interest when Leo dropped out and didn't care at all when Bale left. Supposedly the script sucks or something.

Chloe Grace Moretz don't need to stoop to this level.

No on all those guys.

Marvel need to find something for her quick.. Saddens me that my dude fassbender and my girl jennifer Lawrence are stuck with singer and co

Surprised there wasn't no gay agenda type ploy with fassbender and mcavoy

Last edited:
Chloe Grace Moretz don't need to stoop to this level.

No on all those guys.

Marvel need to find something for her quick.. Saddens me that my dude fassbender and my girl jennifer Lawrence are stuck with singer and co

Surprised there wasn't no gay agenda type ploy with fassbender and mcavoy
Who says there isn't? :lol: Don't put anything past FOX.

I know that now after reading that F4 nonsense.

In 2017, which was originally set for The LEGO Movie sequel, WB will instead be bringing us The LEGO Batman Movie, a spin-off of Will Arnett’s version of the Dark Knight. Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller will produce the film and speaking with Empire, the pair said they’ll touch on the entire cinematic history of the character in the film.

“Rest assured, every era of Batman filmmaking will be acknowledged,” Lord said.

“There have been so many interpretations of Batman and there is so much to play with there,” Miller added. “There are 40 versions of his origin story alone.”

Back
Top Bottom