News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

"Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) and Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) today (February11, 2015) announced that CONtv, the multi-platform OTT service geared toward the Comic Con community, will be available to consumers on March 3, 2015. The digital service will bring fans their favorite films, television series, comics, behind the scenes access to Wizard World Comic Cons and more. CONtv will be offered as a free ad-supported platform as well as a subscription of $6.99/month with content exclusives, audience rewards, a dynamic social viewing experiences, and ticketing bundle opportunities for fans planning to attend Wizard World conventions. CONtv will be rolling out with over 1600 hours of programming across a wide spectrum of devices including Roku, Apple iOS, Android, Xbox, Samsung, Smart TV, mobile, and tablet devices."

"Spanning cult television, sci-fi, horror and fantasy films, grindhouse classics, thrilling martial arts adventures, and more, CONtv’s extensive launch offering includes:"

-Superhero Action: “He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe,” “Voltron,” Trial of the Incredible Hulk, “She-Ra: Princess Of Power”

-Cult Classics: Godzilla, Death Race 2000, Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark, Return Of The Killer Tomatoes, Beware The Blob, Transylvania 6-5000, Night Patrol

-Horror: Evil Dead, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, I Spit On Your Grave (#1 and #2), Hellboy: Blood & Iron, Rob Zombie Presents The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, Ichi The Killer, Puppet Master, Embrace of the Vampire

-Martial Arts: Fists of Fury, Shaolin, Man From Nowhere, War of the Arrows, Legend of the Fist, Yakuza Weapon, Blade of Kings, Lady Ninja

-Gaming: “Sonic The Hedgehog,” “Super Mario Bros,” “Legend Of Zelda,” “Stargate Infinity,” “Street Fighter Alpha,” “Heavenly Sword”

-Sci-Fi/Fantasy Television: UK’s “Being Human,” “Farscape,” “Highlander,” “Demon King,” “Stargate Infinity”

-Anime: “Yu-Gi-Oh,” “Beyblade,” “Digimon,” “Ghost in the Shell,” “High School Of The Dead,” “Saint Seiya,” “Angel Beats,” “Clannad”

"Additionally, CONtv will also debut original series throughout 2015, including the innovative horror/reality series “FIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD,” a genre-bending show that follows digital celebrities including Joey Graceffa (4.3 million YouTube subscribers), Jesse and Jeana (PrankvsPrank, 7.1 YouTube subscribers), and Justine Ezarik (iJustine, 2.1 million YouTube subscribers), as they fight to survive the undead’s relentlessly grisly, and frighteningly realistic onslaught through a “real-world” Zombie apocalypse. In addition to “FIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD,” the digital network will also debut original series through 2015 including Game show “LAST FAN STANDING,” hosted by pop culture icon Bruce Campbell (The Evil Dead), and the adrenaline-packed reality series “MY MORPHING LIFE” that follows actor and Wizard World regular Jason David Frank, the original Green Power Ranger, through many of his thrilling convention experiences."

"CONtv is a joint venture between Cinedigm, a leading independent content distributor, and Wizard World, a leading producer of live pop culture multimedia conventions."

“CONtv is designed to be the epic destination for every fan, every day,” says John Macaluso, CEO of Wizard World. “Created by fans, for fans, and constantly improving based on fan feedback, the channel will not only serve as an extension of our hugely popular live events, but will be a place where fans can discover, inform, revisit and help make the best in pop culture.”

“The combination of Cinedigm’s vast library of content with Wizard World’s track of success as the largest operator of Comic Con’s in the world is a partnership built for success,” says Chris McGurk, Chairman and CEO of Cinedigm. “We are excited to make the Comic Con experience available to its fans anywhere, and at any time on their favorite viewing platform.”

Want to experience CONtv free for one month? Follow CONtv! on twitter: @contvchannel

I don't know what the **** I'm suppose to be reading in that big *** quote :lol: I mean CONtv? Don't sound right. Seems they're just re-airing old classics and nostalgia cartoons. Those original shows may get drowned out

:rofl: @ a Masters of the Universe remake or w/e they're calling it.

BRYAN SINGER TEASES APOCALYPSE'S LOOK IN NEW X-MEN

Apocalypse_Insta-720x432.png

X-Men: Apocalypse may not enter production until April, but that hasn't stopped director Bryan Singer from giving us a tantalising tease of what we should expect from the upcoming flick.

Taking to his Instagram account, Singer has posted some production concept art from the movie done by Grant Major, who formerly worked on The Lord of the Rings. In it, you can see what appears to be Oscar Isaac on the verge of his transformation into the titular villain.

Apocalypse_Insta

Previously, we spoke to Isaac about how he and Singer were planning on tackling the tricky task of bringing Apocalypse to life, hinting that it may be a bit different to what we're used to from the comics.

"Just as Bryan's done with the other films, I think he seeks to find something a little more interesting than the archetypal aspects of the characters, which work really well in print, but for a film I think you want to see a bit more of the -- for lack of a better word -- humanity in [Apocalypse]; because ultimately this is a story about humans," he said.

As for how they'll achieve the mutant's malleable look, it seems a mix of practical and digital effects will be in order. X-Men: Apocalypse hits theaters stateside on May 27, 2016.

Plus that's a concept art and Apocalypse was likely blurred out to be less conspicuous.

But they're talking about a regular man that is TRANSFORMED INTO Apocalypse.

I thought Apocalypse was an immortal that was always around. I bet they make it like The Juggernaut where you become Apocalypse once you put on the suit or w/e.

But they're talking about a regular man that is TRANSFORMED INTO Apocalypse.

I thought Apocalypse was an immortal that was always around. I bet they make it like The Juggernaut where you become Apocalypse once you put on the suit or w/e.

Nah he's always used the celestial machines to enhance himself

So the Prometheus sequel is in the works and a true Alien sequel too? Prometheus could've been better so I hope the next one gets done right.

So the Prometheus sequel is in the works and a true Alien sequel too? Prometheus could've been better so I hope the next one gets done right.

Neil Blomkamp was working on this before but it got scrapped.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=113017

This got posted on reddit and everyone was saying how Neil Blomkamp would've been perfect as the Alien director. Not sure if the internet support had anything to do with them greenlighting the project.

Tricky task to bring Apocalypse to life? He's a mutant during mutant times. Gets some celestial armor after making a deal with them and through that enhances all of his powers, gets a few new ones, and a huge edge on technology.

All you need to show is him going in the ship and coming out with his armor on. Singer over thinking this.

Back
Top Bottom