News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Regardless of how you feel about Peter Parker he IS Spiderman. I would love to see someone that looks like me as spiderman too...eventually. But first and foremost I want my comic heroes interpreted on screen the way they were intended to be FIRST. I want to see Peter Parker and Tony Stark talk nanotech more than I want to see Spiderman web swinging along side iron man. Save that miles morales crap for the 5th or 6th reboot.

Regardless of how you feel about Peter Parker he IS Spiderman.
Just like Dan and Tom have said, he is until he isn't.

Been plenty both male and female Spider-men/women not named Peter Parker.

By you calling Miles Morales crap just shows you don't really get it.

Last edited:
Regardless of how you feel about Peter Parker he IS Spiderman. I would love to see someone that looks like me as spiderman too...eventually. But first and foremost I want my comic heroes interpreted on screen the way they were intended to be FIRST. I want to see Peter Parker and Tony Stark talk nanotech more than I want to see Spiderman web swinging along side iron man. Save that miles morales crap for the 5th or 6th reboot.

When was Peter not interpreted the way he should? Especially when you make the argument that Webb's Spideyverse is better than Raimi's.

This short film directed by Joseph Kahn and produced by Adi Shankar (Dredd) re-imagines the Saturday-morning staple as something a lot closer to Mortal Kombat. Casting James Van Der Beek as a traitorous former comrade and Katie Sackhoff as a grown-up version of the Pink Ranger is a nice bit of fan casting, too.

:lol: Really wish i would of posted the details of what my spec script was about when i first talked about it ITT because what's in that story and what I had planned is almost identical
It's such an obvious way of going about it though

CBS' 'Supergirl' casting for Superman. Seriously.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...s-its-superman

According to TV Line, CBS's "Supergirl" is seeking its very own Superman.

On ProjectCasting.com, the casting report calls for someone who is "5-foot-11 or taller," "square-jawed" and has "a ripped physique" to play the body double for "a DC Comic Superhero." All interested parties must e-mail their application with "Superman" as the subject, seemingly removing any ambiguity.

Though his existence is hinted at in the show's official synopsis, this is the first confirmation that he will be seen -- in some form -- in the pilot, though the listing for a "body double" implies that it will likely not be a full-fledged appearance.

The existing cast includes Melissa Benoist as Supergirl, Mehcad Brooks as Jimmy Olsen, Laura Benanti as Alura Zor-El and Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant.

Superman is portrayed by Henry Cavill in the 2013 Warner Bros. film "Man of Steel" and the upcoming "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice."

:nerd:

somebody needs to get Tom Welling out of retirement

Last edited:
wow. CGI has gotten so good. That looks so believable. I mean in X3 is was they look young but I can tell its CG, this? Hardly can tell. Probably has to do with the lighting

I thought the same thing

I read somewhere that hollywood thought about making "digital copies" of actors so that they have something to work with if an actor dies while filming. Read that around the time Philip Seymore Hoffman died.

Hopefully they dont abuse that tho. That chocolate commercial with Audrey Hepburn was just weird.

I thought the same thing

I read somewhere that hollywood thought about making "digital copies" of actors so that they have something to work with if an actor dies while filming. Read that around the time Philip Seymore Hoffman died.

Hopefully they dont abuse that tho. That chocolate commercial with Audrey Hepburn was just weird.

there's actually a film that uses this concept. Robin wright plays a version of herself in a film and signs a deal to live on digitally and never really have to do any real work again.
Haven't seen it yet, so i'm not sure if it's any good

They should do that with Termintor just use Arnold's face and have him in the movies forever :lol:

Not so much emotion needs to be used and can have a body double like in salvation.

But they're talking about a regular man that is TRANSFORMED INTO Apocalypse.

I thought Apocalypse was an immortal that was always around. I bet they make it like The Juggernaut where you become Apocalypse once you put on the suit or w/e.
Apocalypse is "immortal" due to body snatching. In the comics he almost did it to Cable, Cyclops, and X-Man. I think in one story he actually did it to Stryfe.

So it's not that some regular man becomes or transforms in to Apocalypse like it's a mantle. Apocalypse just hops in your body and hollows out your insides.

:lol: Really wish i would of posted the details of what my spec script was about when i first talked about it ITT because what's in that story and what I had planned is almost identical
It's such an obvious way of going about it though
Eh, wouldn't have mattered that much anyway. They actually got it made.

Last edited:
MINORITY REPORT Television Sequel Series Finalizes Main Cast

Stark Sands (Inside Llewyn Davis) and Meagan Good (Think Like A Man) have landed the lead roles with Sands playing the dual roles of Dash and Arthur, the two male Precogs, and Good playing Lara Vega, a detective haunted by her past, who will work with Dash to help him find a purpose for his gift.

Laura Regan (Mad Men), Li Jun Li (Damages), and Daniel London (Minority Report) round out the rest of the cast with Regan playing Agatha, the Precog played by Samantha Morton in the original film, Li will play a CSI technician named Akeela, and London will reprise his role as Wally the Caretaker from the original 2002 film. Check out the cast below:

Last edited:
^^I loved the film, not interested in a tv show though.

Especially if Meagan Good is a lead character, she is sexy as hell but acting wise :x

Probably gonna get cancelled early, like cut the amount of eps for S1 early. Probably go the way of that series with Urban and Ealy.

It's what I first thought when I saw Good's name and that there's a guy actually named Stark Sands :lol:

Probably gonna get cancelled early, like cut the amount of eps for S1 early. Probably go the way of that series with Urban and Ealy.

It's what I first thought when I saw Good's name and that there's a guy actually named Stark Sands :lol:

Dude should be in Game Of Thrones.

Back
Top Bottom