Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

Not recently they haven't. 3DS is doing good especially in Japan and they will make a lot of money with Pokemon XY but it's not DS Status. Wii-U on the other hand is not selling well at all. They won't reach their sales forecast at the rate it's selling.

Nothing in the history of video games has sold as well as the Nintendo DS. Like you said the 3DS is doing just fine and has a install base of about 35 million and it will continue to grow.

Despite what gaming media says Nintendo is still profitable with the Wii U. After 6 months on the market it has install base of about 4 million worldwide with a high game attach ratio. This means that the company is making money off of each system sold. Could they be doing better, SURE... But Nintendo will be releasing all of their major hitters this fall. And by major hitters I mean games that all sell 10 million units plus. Even with new hardware on the horizon Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Wii Fit U, HD Zelda Windwaker Remake, etc will move units and help them achieve their sales targets. Not to mention the fact the Wii U will be priced $100-$200 cheaper than the new consoles.

945245_10200813484246901_1790377615_n.jpg

If true this is great news for gamers. That no used games thing sucks. I really hope Microsoft clears this up.
Yeah if they clear it up , I'll change my mind on passing on it.

I didnt know so many people cared about lending/borrowing games and buying used games.

1. I havent done any of those things in years.
2. I dont trust anybody with my $60+ disk
3. I usually buy my games from best buy when they have a sale or something
i think it's more about the choice than the amount of times people use borrowed/used games.  **** man sometimes i see a game like mgs4 but not really sold on it at first (i wasn't).  so i put it on the back burner and forget about it.  then i hit gamestop a year later, see the regular game still up for $60 but the used are half that.  whatchu think i'm buyin when they both have the same warranty on 'em?  the thirty.  now that option is taken away.  it's not that i don't understand why, i do but i can buy that people would be upset.

I can count on one hand....

A: How many times I've needed to borrow a game from someone
B: Played PS2 games on PS3, Xbox games on 360, etc...
C: Used the internet through the system for anything other than online play

this.

I'm hoping R* can find a workaround so we can play GTA5 on Xbox One but if not, I'll just keep my X360 around & sell my old TiVo box + Blu-Ray player

smh @ dudes in here getting mad at console makers trying to kill the used game market though; it was always the "future plan". it's no different than the movie studios that killed off Blockbuster/Hollywood Video stores by transitioning their support to Redbox/Netflix/Hulu/etc.

they're cool with you streaming stuff & charging you day by day/monthly, because it saves them $...they're not making a cent off used games

Last edited:
I was hoping that I wouldn't have to buy a new kinect censor, wth am I going to do with my old one if I get this new console? For some reason when I saw the first pictures I thought the censor was built into the xbox one

Boy I am so out of the loop when it comes to gaming :lol: One of the bank tellers I always see asked "Have you heard about the new xbox reveal?" I was like "ummm, what?"

Who needs EA when Sega and Nintendo have partnered up again? Wii U is at a sluggish start, no doubt it, but so was the 3DS and now that the big games are out with more coming it's been recognized as the flat out best destination for video games and on route for the best selling console of all time. A record held by...Nintendo.

Pretty sure Sony owns that record with PS2, although DS should pass it soon.

Video game consoles have officially hit a ceiling. Seems the actual video games are on the bottom of every game developer/producers list, except Nintendo of course. You can say all the ignorant garbage you want about Nintendo but they're the only company STILL building hardware AROUND their software. Sony and M$ Touting all this useless tech, micro-transactions, achievements etc. Just say it, you want to milk the people for everything they've got. We don't even "own" video games anymore, we own "licenses". EA is notorious for pushing this agenda and HEY, look who they partnered up with. Once they decide to take a game offline, you won't get to play it anymore even though you own it. 

It's a just a no win situation for gamers. They're using your own laziness against you. You can build a PC for less than the cost of a PS4/Xbox One (what a terrible name) and run everything in higher resolutions and frame rate. Also, the discounts on games are RIDICULOUS. I find the older I get, the more I'm leaning towards this experience. It's effortless, cheap, and more personal than anything offered on consoles.

To each their own though. I just can't see myself buying into this garbage this time. It's just too expensive and underwhelming to justify a purchase..  Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you on your points, but in the end its because of the companies themselves.
Microsoft is a Software/Computer company.
Sony is an Electronics/Entertainment company.
Nintendo is a video game company.

Nintento dominated console war this time around, and handheld they will always dominate, and its not surprising since their sole focus is video games. They weren't gonna flop again like they did with gamecube, and Wii ended up being a huge success for them. With their endless amount of money they get from Gameboy/DS, they will always be around to play.

If playstation or xbox were a company on their own, we might see similar innovations like Nintento, but they aren't video game first companies. Sony has music and movie studios, so they brought us Blu-Rays which are now the standard for HD Movies. (Decades ago they also were first to introduce CDs to the world). It also why Sony pushes movies and music into PSP/Vita, unlike DS. Movies and Music may not be Playstation overall business, but it will always be one of Sony's. Microsoft is going to push their own features and try to market to the mainstream which they already target with their other products. Xbox barely sold anything outside of the US, and 360 sold well worldwide, but lost in sales to PS3 everywhere except the US. They will throw features in to try and lure people to their console even if they don't play video games. They want everyone on WIndows PC, on Windows Phone, and even if you don't play games they want people to buy Xbox, so they are going to try and introduce other features like TV integration.

If Sega or Atari was still around in console making business, it might be different. But now its only Nintendo left with the video game only mindset. And since Gameboy was such a cash cow for them with no competition, they can survive a flop console, unlike Sega who couldn't continue in consoles business after Dreamcast sales died.

My main issue with PC gaming has always and always will be its unpopularity. Only one of my friends PC games still, and two others used to but they moved over to consoles so they could play with the rest of us. It needs to be come more accessible to the gneeral population
But doesn't everyone pretty much already have a computer in their homes already?

But doesn't everyone pretty much already have a computer in their homes already?
Standard computers may or may not have decent graphic cards. Well you still can play a lot of games, if your going to play purely PC, probably shouldn't do it with that $400 Dell computer, if you want to enjoy it.

View media item 421322

can't get over how big the console and camera  is 
laugh.gif

the hell... :lol: almost look like that big black atari in the 80s

I'm 100% sure that Microsoft could've made it smaller, but chose not to just so that in another 2/3 years after it releases they can drop another "slim" Xbox One. The same thing will happen with the PS4. It's marketing/distribution 101 for technology companies.

My main issue with PC gaming has always and always will be its unpopularity. Only one of my friends PC games still, and two others used to but they moved over to consoles so they could play with the rest of us. It needs to be come more accessible to the gneeral population
Your house computer probably cant run any game on max settings though which makes it kind of pointless

Your house computer probably cant run any game on max settings though which makes it kind of pointless
These guys talking about PC games don't know their information. 
laugh.gif

Diablo 3 sold 12 million.

Half-Life 2 11 million.

Minecraft sold 10 million on PC. 20 million on all platforms.

Battlefield 2 11 million.

Starcraft franchise 16 million.

Last edited:
Youtube commentator ChrisSmoove had some really good points on the Xbox reveal...

I think Xbox came with it with this reveal with the most being that 300K servers for Live.

Its so funny with Sony dudes though because they will hype up the stupidest and littlest stuff, but M$ drops really good stuff and they overlook it and point out all the negative aspects.

I want a Playstation though to play games like GTA because I prefer their controller for games like that, but I prefer the Xbox controller for FPS games.

I learned absolutely nothing from listening to the fanboy talk. He started by saying they showed a lot of gameplay. So that's a blatant lie already.

Then he fiends the next 5 minutes talking about EA and Activision getting DLC first. And says what's the point of getting a ps4 if Xbox gets content first :lol: That's fanboy talk if I ever heard it.

The good things people should take from the conference today is....

If you like the Kinect, they really did upgrade. And it really is a cool item.

The 300k servers

And the 17 exclusives. 8 being new IPs.

Everything else was underwhelming.

But today it really felt like I was listening to them talk about the Xbox 360 2.0 instead of them talking bout their next gen console.

I went in ready to buy the new Xbox. Now I really don't know.

The only fanboy talk I see is you...

How is him listing facts fanboy talk?

He's right if COD and whatever EA sells will get content first then the choice to get would be the one that gets it first.

I would be hella tight if I had to wait months for the map packs like you guys on the PS3... that's BS and I would complain like no other or at least you guys should get it on a discount or something.

It doesn't matter what M$ did today they could have reinvented the wheel and you Sony dudes would be finding any and every little thing wrong with it.

Also, they did show in game footage I believe COD Ghosts was in game footage from what ChrisSmoove and TmarTn is saying.

What I don't understand the most about you fanboys is that Sony pulled that crap with not showing the console and not one of you dudes said anything about that nonsense... talking about it was all part of their plan all along.

M$ did the right thing in saving their ammunition for E3 though because then the would have nothing to show when the Expo comes around.

Last edited:
He makes a great point. Neat lil features were talked about like they were ground breaking

But then again, MS doesn't get the lil stuff right better than the competition

basically a lot of useless **** that has nothing to do with gaming

Can anyone in their right mind say that Kinect is great for games? What great games have come out that use Kinect and make it fun to use?

Kinect is also a feature that is not being implemented for games. It seems to be mainly for the media player aspect.

That is one of the main reasons why I am seriously considering not buying this thing. They are forcing kinect, which has already been proven to be almost useless.
They used resources for Kinect that they could have used to make this thing as powerful as the Ps4. At least they could have not forced Kinect and the price could have probably been lower.

I used to be an xbox stan too :smh: :x

I agree the situation with Sim city was bad and EA deserves to be called out but a console needs third party games and EA makes a lot of them. Sega is great but they're releasing 3 Sonic games and a HD Yakuza collection that came out on the PS3 last year. You can't compare that to Fifa, Battlefield, Burnout, Need for Speed etc

3DS is doing great but it's not on track to be the best selling console which is the PS2 BTW not the DS. The DS is still around 3 million behind the PS2 but it was a beast. I also think the industry will survive easily without Nintendo hardware. Their software is what makes them great.

I don't know how you can say Sony's internal studio are terrible. Games like Puppeteer, Journey, Rain, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Panopticon are examples of games that are not in the genre's you mentioned.

Nice price on the PC, it's probably the UK tax that inflated the price.
Sega >>>>>> EA as a software developer. For Nintendo 3 exclusive Sonic games will have a greater impact than a Battlefield, Madden, or FIFA. Nintendo has never had major support from EA nor any third party since the SNES. Rehashes like FIFA, and Maddden are hugely popular but are not needed on Nintendo consoles to move units. The Wii is a perfect example of this. It sold 100 million units off the strength of Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Mario Galaxy.

Will Nintendo sell 100 million+ units of the Wii U? Probably not, but will they be profitable and have amazing games on their console? Yes!

And lets not forget Ubisoft, Capcom, Square-Enix, Activision and other Japanese developers are still supporting the console and will be revealing Wii U games at E3.

As far as the industry surviving without Nintendo... I don't see it. Nintendo's hardware moves the industry forward. There will be no shoulder buttons, 4 button layout, motion controls, analog sticks, 3D plat formers without Nintendo. You won't have Nintendo software without Nintendo hardware. Microsoft and Sony have done a great job in their own right, but Nintendo is the only pure gaming that innovates in the industry.

other than forza, i like how microsofts only microsoft-"gameplay" was a ship crashing into a bridge :lol:

I just :smh: when I saw that. I was more confused than anything. LOL

These guys talking about PC games don't know their information. 
laugh.gif

View media item 421674

Diablo 3 sold 12 million.

Half-Life 2 11 million.

Minecraft sold 10 million on PC. 20 million on all platforms.

Battlefield 2 11 million.

Starcraft franchise 16 million.

League of Legends is rumored to be coming to Xbox One

Diablo 3 will be on consoles

Minecraft is on Xbox 360

Truth is that a strictly PC gamer is missing out on more than the guy who games on consoles

Looking at the pics the console is mad big... they need to do a comparison with the first Xbox and this one.

What I'm hoping for the most that would draw so many people to buy the new Xbox is a remake of Halo 2 like they did with Halo: CE

I never got to play Halo 2 online and would love to get to since everyone says that was the best one.

League of Legends is rumored to be coming to Xbox One

Diablo 3 will be on consoles

Minecraft is on Xbox 360

Truth is that a strictly PC gamer is missing out on more than the guy who games on consoles
Those are all PC games being ported to Consoles with half the features How are the missing out when they have the definite version? You should use something better to support your argument like console exclusives cause that made no sense. 
laugh.gif

Xbox One Does Require Internet Connection, Can't Play Offline Forever

"For single-player games that don’t require connectivity to Xbox Live, you should be able to play those without interruption should your Internet connection go down. Blu-ray movies and other downloaded entertainment should be accessible when your Internet connection may be interrupted. But the device is fundamentally designed to be expanded and extended by the Internet as many devices are today."

And here's the bombshell:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Xbox One and Used Games

We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we’ve confirmed today. While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail.

Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios.

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/

Back
Top Bottom