NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of Vick's contract was guaranteed? It was like a 110 million deal or something.

Can't believe people are talking about giving Percy Harvin a max deal :rofl: Son can't stay healthy for more than half a season each year

Can't believe people are talking about giving Percy Harvin a max deal :rofl: Son can't stay healthy for more than half a season each year

2009 - 15 GP
2010 - 14 GP
2011 - 16 GP

This was the first year he's ever missed more than two games.

Percy is the most dynamic player in the NFL and instantly makes any team in the league better. He's worth it.

Last edited:
I'm still SMH at the fact that my Jets could've had Harvin for a 2nd rounder but instead we drafted Stephen Hill. We've got a front office full of idiots.

Just watched Chip Kelly's press conference and he said Vick will compete for the QB position and there's no definite starter for any position, they're all going to be competing for starting position. 

How much of Vick's contract was guaranteed? It was like a 110 million deal or something.
somewhere in the high 30s.. which was paid off already

the final year of the 5 year deal was voided within the first year when he met the certain number of snaps percentage clause (so that whipped away 20 mill of dummy money right there)

the only guaranteed money he had left on that deal, was a 3 million injury clause that kicked in last week.. and even still we would have been off the hook for that, if whatever team he went to after the eagles paid him more than 3 mill

Last edited:
I'm still SMH at the fact that my Jets could've had Harvin for a 2nd rounder but instead we drafted Stephen Hill. We've got a front office full of idiots.
true.

but if you look in the long run, especially with our contract/cap problems - he would have been another issue to deal with.

NFL reportedly would consider a wider playing field
The NFL isn't only signing players and coaches from the Canadian Football League, it might actually be considering mimicking its field.

In a continuous effort to create a safer game, the NFL could look into widening the field, similar to the CFL dimension. Former competition committee member Bill Polian told the National Football Post's Dan Pompei the league contemplated the move years ago and might do so again.
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]The evolution of the NFL:
Take a look at how the NFL has evolved from its humble roots, and the efforts being made to ensure it continues to grow.

[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]
"It's a radical idea, but I think it's worth thinking about," Polian said. "You would have more space and perhaps a safer game. I say that based on my CFL experience. There are less collisions of that type in the Canadian game."

The Canadian field is 35 feet wider than the NFL's 160 feet.

Widening the field would drastically change the game in favor of the offense, where more space would make it even more difficult for secondary players -- cue Fantasy Football fans salivating.

Some believe the NFL has gotten too big, fast and strong for its field and spreading out the game could reduce the amount of high-speed collisions.

Not everyone is convinced, however. Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith told Pompei he believes if a player has more space to run, the collisions over the course of a game will be more significant.

The big, debilitating hits the league is trying to jettison, however, usually come from 5- to 10-yard bursts, with the defender lunging at an offensive player, not a 20-yard run-and-hit.

Field expansion might be a tad extreme, but in the age of concussion awareness, there is nothing the NFL wouldn't and shouldn't at least consider to make the game safer.
Eh..

harvin is not worth max money but he is a good receiver.

Given the amount of production Percy has given the Vikings offense with who is around him I can only imagine how much better he would be on a better offense with a better QB. I'd throw just as much money at him if not more than whatever Greg Jennings will receive. Percy's more than a good receiver. The odds of the Vikings goin further in the playoffs would have been farrrr greater if was playing.

Last edited:
What's the chances of Harvin actually getting traded? I'd hate to see him go since we are horrible at the receiver position.

What's the chances of Harvin actually getting traded? I'd hate to see him go since we are horrible at the receiver position.

The Vikings front office is pretty tight lipped about this. In fact, the reason why this is getting so much attention now is only because Percy Harvin was left off the 2013 promotional season tickets poster. Nothing has really changed from what we knew a few months ago about him and Frazier's "beef."

While local beat writers have speculated that Harvin would go on the trade block this offseason, it's worth noting that none has backed Max's report of irreconcilable differences.

This Max guy is the only one saying he has a source who told him they are actively pursuing a trade. While I'm sure they're listening to offers, it's hard to tell right now what is really going on.

Last edited:
true.
but if you look in the long run, especially with our contract/cap problems - he would have been another issue to deal with.

He would have been a problem I would have gladly had. One of our MAIN problems this year was the lack of WR targets for Mark, Harvin would have solved that. At least with him and Kerley we would have had a formable WR duo. Hill is a bust, he can't catch and his route running is SO suspect it's not even funny. That was the knock on him in college as well. We can't draft! We know this! Why not just pay for the finished product then?!

I see..all speculation at this point. Wright showed up when he got a chance and Simpson was dealing with injuries even though I think he's over rated. We should try and get the offensive linemen back that are up for free agency and also focus on defensive backs, cause our pass defense was terrible.

Given the amount of production Percy has given the Vikings offense with who is around him I can only imagine how much better he would be on a better offense with a better QB. I'd throw just as much money at him if not more than whatever Greg Jennings will receive. Percy's more than a good receiver. The odds of the Vikings goin further in the playoffs would have been farrrr greater if was playing.
percy on an offense with a god qb would be better. i still dont think he is worth max money though. time will tell.

Percy needs to be in a real passing offense he would dominate.

But he is only worth top WR money to a team that can use him right because he cant play outside.

Unless Minny is going to completely overhaul their offense and philosophy getting what they can get for Harvin now before trying to sign him is such a smart unemotional move. As long as they dont get ripped off of course.

Last edited:
People just assume that because Percy doesn't have the greatest QB, he would be even better with an above average QB. I don't think that's neccessarily the case. Percy THRIVES in Minnesota and it's because he's literally all over the field. Running Back, split wide, slot, kick returner. The Vikings utilize him because they have to. If you put him on a team that already has weapons, you may actually limit his touches because they'll only play him in the slot. 90% of the time, at least.

The point is...He touches the ball. Doesn't matter if it's a bubble screen or if he's a running back taking it up the gut. The ball is in his hands. He goes to a team with a lot of talent or more talent than Minnesota then it probably means less touches, in turn, limiting his ability. I just hope Percy realizes this. Grass ain't always greener.

^ Randall Cobb?

He does exactly what Percy does with an above average QB, weapons everywhere, and thrives as well. Now imagine if we had Percy instead. *crosses fingers Cobb becomes as good as Percy*

In Percy's case it could be an advantage as well. Less touches could mean more games played. Cobb gashed defenses multiple times from the backfield but we didnt use him like that near as much as Percy which could be why hes constantly beat up. And more weapons could open things up for him resulting in even better play by him.

Last edited:
Why would you have to cross your fingers about that? Percy is a poor mans Randall Cobb. And we all know Cobb is a rich mans Megatron
rodgers is throwing the ball to cobb so you have to take that into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom