NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone reacts to them differently, just say he SHOULD be totally healthy.

But to say he has bounced back like you have watched him do drills sounds ******ed and homerish.

So does saying Matthew Stafford is going to pull a Joe Flacco and lead the Lions to a SB except bouncing back from an ACL is actually realistic

I say the Lions and Mavs are going to win the championship every year

Fair enough

I'm not concerned about an ACL and when clowns start bringing up Andrew Bynum I know there isn't anything of substance in their arguments. I didn't even see he edited his post to add Andrew Bynum.

Man look philly OL was hurt for the most part of the season and Shady still had a nice year

Peters started and played all 16 games
Lane johnson was suspended the first 4, played the remaining 12
Kelce was hurt but still started and played 12 games
Evan Mathias was hurt but started and played 9 games

Matt Tobin, who will be our starter this year at right guard, played in 14 games and started 7

this is getting corny...im a philly a fan and it is what it is....people fall in love with the big name and say its a bad trade...sit down and think about it and it makes sense... you shed salary, fill a need, and open up space to fill in other players...look will kiko be as good as shady? prolly not but he is a good player and cheap and low risk...sometimes you gotta sacrifice for long term benefit....shady wasnt going to be there next year anyway....he was also expendable due to system they run which they can plug in someone like spiller lets say and they would still get production...can we now stop talking about bynum and actually talk about off season ....

this is getting corny...im a philly a fan and it is what it is....people fall in love with the big name and say its a bad trade...sit down and think about it and it makes sense... you shed salary, fill a need, and open up space to fill in other players...look will kiko be as good as shady? prolly not but he is a good player and cheap and low risk...sometimes you gotta sacrifice for long term benefit....shady wasnt going to be there next year anyway....he was also expendable due to system they run which they can plug in someone like spiller lets say and they would still get production...can we now stop talking about bynum and actually talk about off season ....

Giving my unbiased opinion, when you start an argument saying I'm a ________ fan, you already implement in others mind that the argument is going to be bias.

Last edited:
Giving my unbiased opinion, when you start an argument saying I'm a ________ fan, you already implement in others mind that the argument is going to be bias.

just cause im a fan doesnt mean its biased....as i said it is what it is....reasons for it makes sense....in the end we wont know until sept when they step on the field...so there is no point of yapping about it anymore....it happened...as a philly fan i was shocked at first but you have to accept it... people acting like they traded a franchise QB....lets all be honest...this just shows how much RB are valued these days..

That's not an unbiased opinion, you discredited his whole point right off the bat because he said he was a Philly fan

Last edited:
It's still funny to me how Cowboys fan can blast the Eagles moves to trade Shady when they are about to lose their own stud RB for the same damn reason, they don't want to pay a RB 10 mil. In this current NFL that is just too much for a RB. At least we were able to get a potentially very good young LB back before Shady walked anyway.

Yeah, I dont see how trading a veteran running back who makes a ton of money, for a young player with a high ceiling, is a bad move :lol:

Seems like a pretty smart/shrewd move to me. Seems like Chip is trying to set the Eagles up for prolonged success rather than being content with a couple half assed runs at a Super Bowl in a three or four year time frame.

Last offseason it was Desean Jackson, this year it's Lesean McCoy. Good luck with your addition by subtraction strategy. BTW, Darren Sproles is 31.

I think we all know most coaches in the league get rid of certain guys to get their own on the team, it was no different years ago when Bill Parcells coached the Cowboys and hated the fact that Jerry Jones had T.O. on his team. I am not 100% behind the move of getting rid of Shady, but the defense was abysmal last season and gave up way too many points, so at least they made a gutsy call on a LB that is early in his career, and has the talent to possibly be an all time great.

As far as your addition by subtraction theory, Desean did little to nothing to improve the Skins, and yes he is/was a major deep pass threat. We went out and drafted Jordan Matthews, who did well in his rookie season. As far as Shady, obviously that's a huge loss, and Sproles is not a feature back, but they seem to feel they can get production out of the draft on certain guys..so let's not act like the Eagles don't replace on offense. Defense, is another story..but they're starting to show urgency on getting guys off this team, and bringing better players in...

Last edited:
Out went desean,

Maclin almost had the indentical season.. 1 more td and a couple more catches.. A couple yards less

Only thing that bothered me about the desean move, was not getting something in return AND not controlling which team he ended up with

Last edited:

Last offseason it was Desean Jackson, this year it's Lesean McCoy. Good luck with your addition by subtraction strategy. BTW, Darren Sproles is 31.
I think we all know most coaches in the league get rid of certain guys to get their own on the team, it was no different years ago when Bill Parcells coached the Cowboys and hated the fact that Jerry Jones had T.O. on his team. I am not 100% behind the move of getting rid of Shady, but the defense was abysmal last season and gave up way too many points, so at least they made a gutsy call on a LB that is early in his career, and has the talent to possibly be an all time great.

As far as your addition by subtraction theory, Desean did little to nothing to improve the Skins, and yes he is/was a major deep pass threat. We went out and drafted Jordan Matthews, who did well in his rookie season. As far as Shady, obviously that's a huge loss, and Sproles is not a feature back, but they seem to feel they can get production out of the draft on certain guys..so let's not act like the Eagles don't replace on offense. Defense, is another story..but they're starting to show urgency on getting guys off this team, and bringing better players in...
Repped. I like your well thought out response. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom