NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
@iLLoQuent aka DSK
Now post all the posts of your downplaying this and calling it a media agenda..

Come on man.. You can't have it both ways..you went hard in defense of the pats that week.. I just wanted you to admit your were wrong.. That this wasn't just "a media agenda because it's a slow super bowl week.. "

Or am I making that up?

Sounding real defensive playa.

Edit: and after it all died down didn't you post something about how you got names of folks That were wrong about deflate gate but weren't gonna put them on blast?

Yeaeeeaaaaa...about that that
@VA757VA

You gotta be skimming through all my **** man.
laugh.gif
I don't know how much clearer I could be in those posts. Look at them again.

Brady probably did it, Belichick didn't know = yup, according to the Wells report.

Media and agenda driven controversy = HELL yes. That's NOT the same as "this is a lie! it was all made up!". My point then and now is it's silly this became a national crisis because it's like speeding on the highway and getting caught for it. But y'all were conditioned to believe what they did was much worse and exclusive to them. Let's be real here, most dudes already had their minds made up on this **** once the news broke.

Did timing play a factor in how big the story got? You damn right it did. Timing is almost everything in the news cycle.

The reporting on this story (ESPECIALLY in the first week) was downright embarrassing. If any of you remember, the original report from Mortenson was about 11 out of 12 balls being deflated by 2 pounds. Then we had strategic news bites in the following days that were either half-truths without any context or straight up false. I know a bunch of you stopped paying attention after the first couple days, but go and look up all the conflicting media reports and clickbait garbage on this thing. Adam Schefter crapped on two different ESPN items on separate days...but no one cared.

The coverage on deflategate was awful. Is that even arguable?
Not coming at you bro. Actually respect your football knowledge..
Just calling a spade a spade... You can't be batting .1000 when you were wrong
I didn't say I was batting .1000 though.

#wellactually my brother...I've been pretty consistent about this whole **** and I'm sitting at about a 90% accuracy right now.

Like I told VA, I'm looking at like a 8 or .900 batting avg. on this topic. And when I say ****** still ain't being real about this deflating thing...I'm right about that too.
Yeah, you definitely misremembered.
laugh.gif

Here's where I missed though: Goodell will not join Bob Kraft's Kiss my *** club any time soon, the Ravens-Colts connection had nothing to do with it, and clearly all of us aren't gonna look back decades from now and laugh this off. And unfortunately the hot takes today are the same as the hot takes 100 days ago so I can't do much there. The PR and image hit was real.

But my larger point is...damn near all my hunches turned out to be proven correct. The most surprising thing in the report for me was the Pats employ Beavis and Butthead as equipment staff.

Last edited:
havent been on NT much. miss this thread |I . broncos winning the superbowl this year. you heard it here first :nerd: . hope brady is suspended a year :smokin .

havent been on NT much. miss this thread |I . broncos winning the superbowl this year. you heard it here first :nerd: . hope brady is suspended a year :smokin .

question. will suspending tom brady a year stop peyton from pissing his pants and throwing ducks in january? :nerd:

pls answr

Last edited:
Franc :pimp:

I want Denver to win one more just to see your reaction :lol:

would be a glorious day. man tears would be shed. may the football gawds hear your request dmx :nerd: .troy :smokin :smh: |I one of my favorite players of all time, all time.

question. will suspending tom brady a year stop peyton from pissing his pants and throwing ducks in january? :nerd:

pls answr

miss ya dsa. you still down to go to frisco to watch the broncos win the superbowl :nerd: . would buy you one of those horse heads so no one recognizes you :nerd:

if suspending brady helps manning throw footballs on a rope then by all means im for it. its for the good of the game dsa :smile:

:lol:

down to go. no horsehead needed. as i always tell maximus on here...i got no prob rocking the TB12 cape :pimp:

How when Derek is going to beat Denver in Oakland and @ Denver?

Last edited:

yo...summit for that Den @ Oak game??? :nerd:

Johnny_Cakes Johnny_Cakes
sb sb
what the hell is jumpman's new name?? :lol:

I already got my ticket for the game, I'll definitely meet up with anyone that shows up too.

yo...summit for that Den @ Oak game??? :nerd:

Johnny_Cakes Johnny_Cakes
sb sb
what the hell is jumpman's new name?? :lol:

I already got my ticket for the game, I'll definitely meet up with anyone that shows up too.

word. OAK probably the only place i won't rock my TB12 jersey. don't need it getting plastered with food and beer. i'll stick with a plain black t :lol:

sb sb :nerd:

Last edited:
I like to go with the black button down and lots fist pumps :lol:. Low key style.
If I go team gear away jus a pullover grey jacket. Low key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom