NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

^^^ I agree with the statement that Ohio State got the worst Pro Combats.

I can't wait to get some of the LSU and Michigan State gear to go along with my Oregon and Boise State...

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by jayli

Originally Posted by Zyzz

im wondering what Nike has in store for the NFL next season
pimp.gif
I'd be shocked if a lot changes visually.  NFL teams control their image and brand very tightly and the owners will have the final say.  When Reebok took over the contract, there weren't wholesale changes to uniforms so I don't see why there would be this time.  I mean, could you imagine the backlash if traditional uniforms like the Bears and Packers were Nike-fied?  I know I wouldn't like it.

im not talking about the college stuff, i dont like it. i know there will be change in materials/fit. overall designs and everything will remain the same.
I don't care much about design changes but I do want changes in the fitting.  Reebok authentics fit horribly...I'm hoping for jerseys a little more slim and form fitting from Nike and I'm guessing they will do that based on what they've done with the college jersey materials/fit.  I would guess there would be very few teams that would be willing to radically alter their uni design though.

Nikefootball twitter said that there is a second Oregon trainer coming out(I would imagine its gonna be the same as the free trainers)

All of the pro combat stuff they showed us yesterday will come out the week of the game.(Usually the monday, Though the trainers for the first three released on the thursday the week before)

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I cant wait to see the Penn State Pro Combats.

not sure if serious or my sarcasm detector is off 
i'm gonna go with the latter

Those base layers will look much better when they get the rights to use NFL word marks in April.

They better push these through Nike Store and Eastbay unlike the college joints.

Originally Posted by BuckeyeState

Nikefootball twitter said that there is a second Oregon trainer coming out(I would imagine its gonna be the same as the free trainers)

All of the pro combat stuff they showed us yesterday will come out the week of the game.(Usually the monday, Though the trainers for the first three released on the thursday the week before)

Sign me up...again.
161dklf.jpg

Those Jordan 14 cleats are pretty clean. If I played football still i would have to try and get my hands on a pair

I ended up with 2 pairs of the LE Breast cancer Cutters. If anybody would like to trade me for a pair of Nikes, especially some NFL Nikes hit me up. They're litterally brand new. Haven't even tried on the pair I'm not using

Originally Posted by RoBreesy

Originally Posted by jetpackbirdy

http://counterkicks.com/2...ic-transformation-video/

pro combat is coming to sundays.
I've read that Seattle, Jacksonville, and Denver are already working with nike new/altered uniforms for 2012.

I hope Denver goes back to their light blue helmets and orange jerseys.

I cant wait for them to give my Broncos the Pro Combat treatment. Side note, the Ohio State Pro Combats I love, cant wait to get the buckeye trainers and support my squad. 

I've read that Seattle, Jacksonville, and Denver are already working with nike new/altered uniforms for 2012.

Colors in general will stay the same. About a third of the teams will have no changes. Green Bay, Indy, Giants, Steelers etc.
Another third will have very subtle details change. Buffalo for example. Brand new uniforms this year. Minor details if any, next year.

Look for another third to have "volt" like colorways Bengals and Broncos orange, Jags teal, Seattles green, Ravens purple, Rams and 49ers gold. Stuff that really pops (Oregon Neon Volt) like but only for pro-combat/alternate uniforms. Aesthetics and materials of the uniforms will change. Look for Dallas to be a surprise here. Jerry Jones after all has become close with Phil Knight during this whole process of getting the two big nike teams to his stadium for a game. Also look for the Raiders to do something bold because Al Davis is after all; insane.

Nike is putting throwing a ton of designs at every team. It's that's teams discretion to do whatever. But like I said, don't expect anything from Indy, Pitt, Chicago, Green Bay, NYG, Chiefs, Browns, etc.

HMack. Phil and Jerry have been best buds since waaaaaay back when Dallas stadium was one of the first to have naming rights and break away from the normal apparel manufacturer when Nike made that deal.

Also I'm supposed to go over to the Park again soon and hopefully peep the initial designs for the Skins

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

HMack. Phil and Jerry have been best buds since waaaaaay back when Dallas stadium was one of the first to have naming rights and break away from the normal apparel manufacturer when Nike made that deal.

Also I'm supposed to go over to the Park again soon and hopefully peep the initial designs for the Skins

Excited....and i'm a Cowboys fan in DC 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by HMack007

Colors in general will stay the same. About a third of the teams will have no changes. Green Bay, Indy, Giants, Steelers etc.
Another third will have very subtle details change. Buffalo for example. Brand new uniforms this year. Minor details if any, next year.

Look for another third to have "volt" like colorways Bengals and Broncos orange, Jags teal, Seattles green, Ravens purple, Rams and 49ers gold. Stuff that really pops (Oregon Neon Volt) like but only for pro-combat/alternate uniforms. Aesthetics and materials of the uniforms will change. Look for Dallas to be a surprise here. Jerry Jones after all has become close with Phil Knight during this whole process of getting the two big nike teams to his stadium for a game. Also look for the Raiders to do something bold because Al Davis is after all; insane.

Nike is putting throwing a ton of designs at every team. It's that's teams discretion to do whatever. But like I said, don't expect anything from Indy, Pitt, Chicago, Green Bay, NYG, Chiefs, Browns, etc.

In terms of changes will it be for one home game like the rivalry pro combat schools or will the teams incoporate the new designs as permanant? I hope NY JETS and the New Orleans Saints get some new designs. I think a Matte black helmet with a Gold Saints logo would look insane
eek.gif

I wonder what my Panthers will do as far as uniform changes. Seems like they would get an entirely new uniform or some drastic change. Maybe a black helmet and a "volt" colorway like HMack said.

Originally Posted by HMack007

In terms of changes will it be for one home game like the rivalry pro combat schools or will the teams incoporate the new designs as permanant? I hope NY JETS and the New Orleans Saints get some new designs. I think a Matte black helmet with a Gold Saints logo would look insane
eek.gif

That's an NFL call. You know Goodell isnt going to want Nike coming in making things theirs but Nike did pay a crap load for the rights AND just because teams dont choose the colors Nike wil have those options out there putting pressure on them by the fans. Believe that. Commercials with the Pro Combat campaign will be unreal. Some teams need a kick in the pants even if they are traditional and you will see grown men wanting to experience playing in the Pro Combat gear.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

As long as they don't alter the Packers Uni's a great deal...im good.
I can't see them altering anything except perhaps the material and slight cut changes.  The logo, the stripes and color blocking should remain.  I will say that the possible addition of a black jersey say once a year wouldn't completely kill me.  I mean as long as its once a year, and not a regular occurrence.  No Big deal.  I have seen black jerseys @ champs that don't look half bad.  Not that they are superior, but that is about it.  It would not be any worse than those BS Acme packers or the Trick or Treat monstrosities a few years back in Chicago.

Definitely looking forward to getting some swoosh gear combined with the Packers Logo.

^here you go with that black jersey stuff again.

I don't like it at all...

GB with Nike FTW...

Back
Top Bottom