NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Originally Posted by bullets14

Originally Posted by jayli

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I wish I knew why they changed them.  The Pro Vent first came in out 2005, and I'm not sure when the current fabric blend replaced it.  I do see pros and college guys wearing the pro vent stuff, so it must still be out there, even though it's no longer for sale to the public.  The fabric blend is 74% polyester, 14% nylon and 12% spandex, vs. the current 84% polyester and 16% spandex.  Not sure if you guys have the same experience, but the current compression shirts are loose around my stomach area (and it's not a sizing issue), whereas the pro vent had great compression all around, like a real second skin.

I tried stocking up on them bc they're so durable and comfortable, I wear them for lifting and playing sports.  The ones I have from 5 years ago are still in great condition, so at least I've still got those

are you sure you are buying the right item? I know that they have a fitted shirt. that is tight around the chest and looser as it goes down. im pretty sure there is a compression fit as well though which is tight all around

Definitely sure I'm buying the tight ones that are supposed to be compression (I also have the hyperwarm compression long sleeve top, and I have the same issue).  It's tight around my chest, but at the waist I guess it doesn't taper down and so the fit is loose - my chest is a 40 and my waist is a 30, so I'd need it to be like that to fit tightly.  Or it can be like the pro vents, which my friends joke that they look like a boys' sized shirt before I put it on.  But that literally hugs my body all around, which I find more comfortable.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

I got a pair of UA cleats

I just couldnt do it
laugh.gif
......I wore em for one game and called it quits
laugh.gif
Really? I think Under Armour has done a really nice job improving the performance of their football cleats. I hated their first generation footwear with a passion, and I haven't really liked anything else they've offered until now (mostly due to all the tacky graphics). But I'm telling you man, the Nitro is UA's first good cleat. And I don't just mean "good" as in "it doesn't completely suck", I mean it's toe-to-toe with Nike good. At the very least, the quality of construction is better than that of the Alpha Speed (which I tried on the other day as well).

Of course it all comes down to preference though, so UA's cleats might still not appeal to you.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

How long does it take to recieve a pair of iDs from Nikeid after you order them?
I've never bought a pair of cleats off of ID, but I've bought the Kobe V and VI and the AM97 back when it was available. One pair arrived in just two weeks, but the rest took three. If there's enough demand I've heard it can take upwards of 4 weeks, but I've never had that problem.

Originally Posted by bullets14

I wish I knew why they changed them.  The Pro Vent first came in out 2005, and I'm not sure when the current fabric blend replaced it.  I do see pros and college guys wearing the pro vent stuff, so it must still be out there, even though it's no longer for sale to the public.  The fabric blend is 74% polyester, 14% nylon and 12% spandex, vs. the current 84% polyester and 16% spandex.  Not sure if you guys have the same experience, but the current compression shirts are loose around my stomach area (and it's not a sizing issue), whereas the pro vent had great compression all around, like a real second skin.

I tried stocking up on them bc they're so durable and comfortable, I wear them for lifting and playing sports.  The ones I have from 5 years ago are still in great condition, so at least I've still got those

are you sure you are buying the right item? I know that they have a fitted shirt. that is tight around the chest and looser as it goes down. im pretty sure there is a compression fit as well though which is tight all around

Definitely sure I'm buying the tight ones that are supposed to be compression (I also have the hyperwarm compression long sleeve top, and I have the same issue).  It's tight around my chest, but at the waist I guess it doesn't taper down and so the fit is loose - my chest is a 40 and my waist is a 30, so I'd need it to be like that to fit tightly.  Or it can be like the pro vents, which my friends joke that they look like a boys' sized shirt before I put it on.  But that literally hugs my body all around, which I find more comfortable.

Those Pro Vents rode up like a mother though, at least the compression joints. I don't have that problem with the newer material blend, from stuff bought in 2007 all the way to the halfsleeve hypercools that just dropped.
I wish Nike would use the 'taping' (not sure of the correct term) that they used in the Pro Vapor shirts, which unfortunately didn't see a wide release in the states (there were some country-specific color ways for World Cup '10). It's the same material used in the waistbands of game-issued basketball shorts.

As for the school-specific base layers...I hope you have an in at UGA or wherever. Those have never released publicly, going all the way back to System of Dress.

Oh last thing, looks like the next cycle of Nike Pro is gonna have the swoosh at the neckline, see any MLB player with his top button undone for an example. 
sick.gif

These are supposedly Boise St Pro Combats this year for the Georgia game

so both are wearing home colored jersey's for this game?  i doubt it.  it would be nice to see them both rocking their colors like USC and UCLA use to.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

so both are wearing home colored jersey's for this game?  i doubt it.  it would be nice to see them both rocking their colors like USC and UCLA use to.

Boise & VTech both wore colered jerseys last year when they played against eachother.

Jordan-BCT-Speed-Low.jpg

Yeah they look nice. Since they are 85 dollars, I would assume they have same feel and technology as the Alpha Vapor One and Speed TDs. But I don't understand why Jordan keeps BSing with releases like this and Jordan JAQ? When they know people really want Jordan retroes with a TD bottom

air-jordan-iii-terrell-owens-bengals-PE-cleats-4.jpg

Can you imagine a Jordan XI Football cleat that was lightweight with a TD or Vapor bottom?

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

Boise & VTech both wore colered jerseys last year when they played against eachother.

No Boise State wore grey jerseys which is considered an away color... And those are Boise's uni's from their bowl game so I doubt they would make em their pro combat for this year... So look for Boise to be wearing an away color unless they wanna take a 15 yrd penalty at the beginning of the game

Originally Posted by chiefs84

anyone know if any new gloves are coming out?

I dont think coming out without new gloves til next spring/early summer, thats usually when the new gloves come out.

Back
Top Bottom