NFL/NCAA FEET & GEAR: '15-'16 SEASONS FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT/CLEATS/GLOVES/JERSEYS ETC.

Adidas has signed Aaron Rodgers.

My take on this would be that Nike was fine with letting Rodgers go to whomever would pay him based on the fact he probably doesn't have more than 5-7 years of "marketability" left. They are fine with Luck, Wilson, and whatever rising stars they have in their lineup who will likely require far less to stay with the brand over a longer course of time and who have more years left in the NFL. As noted elsewhere, Rodgers, regardless of MVPs or Super Bowl Rings is never going to sell like top or even close to the top basketball stars do with their shoes. As much as I would love to have seen Rodgers stay, I don't fault him for taking the dough and running with it. Nike has more than enough in its pipeline of football talent and other marketable athletes. Just my .02

My take on this would be that Nike was fine with letting Rodgers go to whomever would pay him based on the fact he probably doesn't have more than 5-7 years of "marketability" left. They are fine with Luck, Wilson, and whatever rising stars they have in their lineup who will likely require far less to stay with the brand over a longer course of time and who have more years left in the NFL. As noted elsewhere, Rodgers, regardless of MVPs or Super Bowl Rings is never going to sell like top or even close to the top basketball stars do with their shoes. As much as I would love to have seen Rodgers stay, I don't fault him for taking the dough and running with it. Nike has more than enough in its pipeline of football talent and other marketable athletes. Just my .02
Wilson is with UA now. And 5-7 years of marketability is more than a long time to make a difference. 

Wilson is with UA now. And 5-7 years of marketability is more than a long time to make a difference. 

I am not disagreeing with you. Just wondering from Nike's perspective, does 5-7 Rodgers change the # of football cleats they sell over that time??- my guess is no.

Didn't realize Wilson is with UA now, but good for them and him. Knew about Watt. Don't think many Defensive Ends sell cleats but maybe I am completely wrong.

Irony here is I am a huge Packers and Badgers fan and these guys mentioned all happen to have state ties to Wisconsin. I would like nothing more than for them to be with swoosh but as football players and haveing a limited shelf life, you probably gotta take whatever the best offer is. I get that- this isn't hoops where you can count on 15 years provided your knees and legs hold up and you have other-world skills. You got a guy like Curry going from swoosh to UA and that really "shifts the spectrum" a good bit. I don't see these moves in football making near as much a difference to the playing field for the various brands involved. Obviously Adidas feels differently so more power to them. I wish #12 nothing but the best regardless of what brand he wears.

Adidas has signed Aaron Rodgers.

They have picked up

Amari Cooper
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Richard Sherman
ODBJr
Victor Cruz
Leonard Williams

im sure losing Aaron is ok the future is bright

I'm always hesitant to recommend sizing because every foot is different but for my pair of Untouchables I went TTS and was very happy and surprised by the fit.

Would most people recommend a half size up in untouchables or normal size

go up a .5 defiantly

Im a true 9.5 in most of my shoes and wear a sz 10 in ALL of my cleats and I have every vapor or speed cleat from oregon since 2010 and these untouchables are MAD tight/snug I currently have wooden shoe wideners in them to loosen them up

when I copped the FSU untouchables from a player they told "are you sure you want a sz 10? they run small bro" I felt like hey all my cleats are size 10 so why switch now soon as I got them I knew I should have went up .5 size to a 10.5

I pulled the trigger on the Oregon ones thinking since they was worn in practice and at the rose bowl they would be just right and I was wrong

But I will come back and give my review on how they fit after I try to loosen them up

My TTS was snug at first, it would actually hurt my left big toe after being in them for a little while. But after a few wears, they def broke in and I'm glad I stuck TTS bc I think going up .5 size would make them too long, although I can't say for sure.

My TTS was snug at first, it would actually hurt my left big toe after being in them for a little while. But after a few wears, they def broke in and I'm glad I stuck TTS bc I think going up .5 size would make them too long, although I can't say for sure.

Yeah im gonna try abd stretch mine a little

they fit perfect with no socks but with oregon vapor socks they fit very snug

I have had shoe wideners in them for 2 days now and plan on playing this after noon so we shall see how it goes

Nike doesn't need players to sell gear 
laugh.gif

Nike doesn't need players to sell gear :lol:

you sure about that?

Michael Jordan ring a bell?

If all Nike athletes including MJ never signed that dotted line Nike would be on the back burner

to keep the cycle going they add athletes year in and out

MJ
LeBron
Tiger
Serena
Kobe
KD
Calvin Johnson
Richard Sherman

are some of the big names now just think if all those guys was on Adidas

Last edited:
you sure about that?

Michael Jordan ring a bell?

If all Nike athletes including MJ never signed that dotted line Nike would be on the back burner

to keep the cycle going they add athletes year in and out

MJ
LeBron
Tiger
Serena
Kobe
KD
Calvin Johnson
Richard Sherman

are some of the big names now just think if all those guys was on Adidas
I meant football players.

Calvin Johnson doesn't move gear 
laugh.gif

All his junk has wound up at Ross and Marshalls. 

Football players are no where near as marketable as basketball players because basketball players can be marketed all over the world. 

What's up with the Nike jerseys this year? No more limited's? Is everything pressed on now?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/collegiate-jerseys/80oZbhl?sortOrder=publishdate|desc
I'm pretty miffed about this.  MSU comes out with new home and away jerseys and nothing is available.  Only limited they released is the alternate uni.  The kids version of the home green has all the details of the official jersey, but the replica has very little.  I just want to get a custom #1 Limited. 
mean.gif

vs

Thanks for your input guys, I'm trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on an 11 when I'm a normal 10.5, no where that close to me carries them for me to easily go try them on

Adrian Peterson decked out in Adidas. Anyone else notice Vernon Davis with UA cleats, but Nike gloves? And Anquan Boldin wearing soccer boots again this season.

Calvin Johnson doesn't move gear 
laugh.gif

Football players are no where near as marketable as basketball players because basketball players can be marketed all over the world. 
I can't agree with this. Those CJ shoes don't sell cuz they're ugly. Look what Nike did with Vick back in the day, killed it. 

Adrian Peterson decked out in Adidas. Anyone else notice Vernon Davis with UA cleats, but Nike gloves? And Anquan Boldin wearing soccer boots again this season.

Yep, VD has been doing that since at least 2012, he usually wears those Nike Vapor Jet 2.0's but wore the Vapor Flys in the Super Bowl. Anquan loves the Mercurial boots as well, but he switches cleats almost every game, I've seen him in old Super Speed D's, Jordans, etc.

Calvin Johnson doesn't move gear :lol:

Deion Sanders
Bo
Barry Sanders
Michael Vick

done right and the right player can move product period

Nike needs athletes not the other way aroudn

Back
Top Bottom