NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

Nevermind Luck being the highest rated prospect since Elway, he clearly sucked his rookie year getting 4,300 yards and his team winning 9 more games than the year before.
No denying Luck had a great rookie year.  But he also threw a ton of picks and led the league in DROPPED interceptions.  Colts had quite a few lucky wins in their division.  I don't say that to talk down about him at all, but just to say that he might be the most likely for a down sophomore season.

Nevermind Luck being the highest rated prospect since Elway, he clearly sucked his rookie year getting 4,300 yards and his team winning 9 more games than the year before.
No denying Luck had a great rookie year.  But he also threw a ton of picks and led the league in DROPPED interceptions.  Colts had quite a few lucky wins in their division.  I don't say that to talk down about him at all, but just to say that he might be the most likely for a down sophomore season.

speaking of lucky wins...don't the seahawks miss the playoffs if the officials don't goof on that call against the packers? im seriously asking, i cant remember if they just squeaked into the playoffs or not.

but either way...lucky wins can be seen as falling into luck or making your own luck. a "few" lucky wins reflects more of a pattern than dumb luck imo. he would probably be my lock in terms of the one not to slump.

Last edited:
speaking of lucky wins...don't the seahawks miss the playoffs if the officials don't goof on that call against the packers? im seriously asking, i cant remember if they just squeaked into the playoffs.
No, we still would've made it.  We clinched when we beat San Fran at home, then we beat the rams away.

And if the 9ers don't pull out that tie against the Rams, we win the division.

Woulda shoulda coulda though.

Definitely. But his offensive line was one of the worst I've ever seen. He was on the run and slinging it more often then you want any QB to, let alone a rookie. Of course he made some bad decisions, all QB's do, but he was forced into some horrible situations with that O-Line.

I think the only reason he'll have a down year is because the yards will not be up there. New OC, more West Coast will get him a better % but less yards. Plus, revamped O-Line is gonna give him a decent run game and a little more time in the pocket. I think he'll be good this year but with lower #'s if you get my drift.

That would be exactly what the team needs to take the next step, take some pressure off the QB.

You're like a walking contradiction...your bum *** QB can't even get you 10 wins :lol:

How many TDs did Matt throw this past post season ? How many did Cam throw ? Your QB hasn't thrown one touchdown in a postseason...not one...only thing he's throwing is that towel over his to sulk

Like I said your QB laid a goose egg in the playoff, playboy. He's weak until he wins one.

The ******** and Colts debate still blows my mind. Cats couldn't even name more than 4 players on the Colts team while everyone could name at least 10. ******** had a top 10 O line and Colts had a bottom 10.

2011 Skins fans "We getting better, we got talent. We might make the playoffs this year. Defense is solid and etc."

2012 Skins fans "This was all RG3, Skins were garbage last year. He did it"

Last edited:
The ******** and Colts debate still blows my mind. Cats couldn't even name more than 4 players on the Colts team while everyone could name at least 10. ******** had a top 10 O line and Colts had a bottom 10.

2011 Skins fans "We getting better, we got talent. We might make the playoffs this year. Defense is solid and etc."

skins ran that simple *** offense.... Colts were a one man show.

Yeah, where'd you read this?

Luck got his lumps out of the way early. Because he's a pocket dominant quarterback, he was challenged in ways that more versatile quarterbacks aren't. Specifically when it pertains to the mind (reading defenses and such). Most the other guys were a lot more improvisational with how they were able to run, which can compensate for the pressure on the studies of the game, whereas Luck would always prefer to beat with you his eyes and arm and use his legs as an absolute last resort. Thus, developing is football/quarterback mind, first.

The learning curve has a different arc for the different styles and I wouldn't be surprised if some Luck struggles filter into this year, but get ironed out and he ends the year on a tear where he's playing with the elite, whereas others remain on an even plane or even start to struggle, once they have to implement more and more of the mental aspect into their approach and how they beat defenses.

Last edited:
Bridgewater and McCarron will be the intrigues next year.

He will probably be the highest drafted QB from Bama under Saban yet I still don't see him going that high (Like top 10-15). Wouldn't be surprised to see him go late 1st or 2nd

Like I said your QB laid a goose egg in the playoff, playboy. He's weak until he wins one.

Definitely the lamest way to talk trash BY FAR.

:lol: you're trying to call someone out for things that your guy is 10x worse at (winning).

And I like Cam Newton.

It's like calling someone fat when they weigh 220lbs and you are 400+

Last edited:

Yeah, where'd you read this?

2012 Skins thread, 2012 WIR threads, 2012 Football season thread.

Also, at Fed Ex field the last two years and I work with plenty of ******* fans.

Russel Wilson is going to have a better year. His first half wasn't nearly as impressive as his second last year

2012 Skins thread, 2012 WIR threads, 2012 Football season thread.

Also, at Fed Ex field the last two years and I work with plenty of ******* fans.

Ok so Ill ask you, where exactly is this talent on the Skins that a lot of ppl are referring to? Name me somebody please (not Alfred Morris). Other than Trent Williams, our Offensive Line was so-so.

Fred Davis tore his achilles in October. Our starting WR's when Garcon was injured for most of the season were Joshua Morgan and Leonard Hankerson :lol:

Old *** London Fletcher was carrying a bottom 5 defense.

RGIII didnt do it by himself. No one is saying that. People are just talking out their *** when they say "he's gotta better supporting cast than so and so" yet they have yet to name anyone who is not named Alfred Morris.

Ok so Ill ask you, where exactly is this talent on the Skins that a lot of ppl are referring to? Name me somebody please (not Alfred Morris). Other than Trent Williams, our Offensive Line was so-so.

Fred Davis tore his achilles in October. Our starting WR's when Garcon was injured for most of the season were Joshua Morgan and Leonard Hankerson :lol:

Old *** London Fletcher was carrying a bottom 5 defense.

RGIII didnt do it by himself. No one is saying that. People are just talking out their *** when they say "he's gotta better supporting cast than so and so" yet they have yet to name anyone who is not named Alfred Morris.

You took the bait... :lol:

Yea man I don't even pay attention to these guys anymore. :lol:

The more you post the more you learn how NT works :lol:

Anyway...

I think Matt Ryan will be up for MVP this year.

Some of you ********' fans need to be honest about your team in this thread. Alfred Morris had a good O line and a mobile QB. Not saying he's bad but he had the best of both worlds. I'm not sold on him after one year with that setup around him. As for the O line....not sure how you could say it wasn't good. The whole year, analysts and commentators were raving about how good that O line was. Defense was solid in 2011 until injuries piled up but the team was coming along. 2012, defense was solid.

Still don't know how saying the ******** have a better team than the Colts is talking out of someone's ***. I would call it common sense or even football knowledge. Colts got rid of pretty much everyone to start over and only kept Reggie Wayne to prevent him from going to Denver with Peyton. All new coaching staff, new QB and ZERO stars but you right. Colts had a better team than Wash

Last edited:
:rofl:

Great example

:lol:

Ok I didn't give a reason but I'm usually on my phone when I'm on NT so I don't like to do all that typing.

But I think Matt is one of the better QBs in the game. Not top 5 but he is top 10 IMO

If Stephen Jackson can stay healthy that's going to be the best pick up of the off season.

With all them weapons. And Julio getting better I think ATL has a great chance to go to the SB. They picked up pieces on Defense too.

They got that first W out the way which is usually the hardest one. I get the feeling they will perform great in this years playoffs.

But the cool thing on NT is to hate on ATL so I see why nobody will agree.

I just saw an excerpt of Flacco's interview about his contract and the Raven's future. I already liked but dude made me a fan.

Dude was basically like "we won, I got alotta money, we gonna continue win now get off my ****" :lol:

Last edited:
I don't hate ATL, I hate the 3 fans on here that say the dumbest **** in these threads.

Ryan is top 10 but that's also by default. Atlanta still has a very weak defense. Powerful offense but I don't know if it's enough to get that team there.

Back
Top Bottom