NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

what happened to that ryan fitzpatrick cat? i remember him killing it with the bills for like half a season a couple years ago

what happened to that ryan fitzpatrick cat? i remember him killing it with the bills for like half a season a couple years ago

he was solid but wasn't a finisher. dude would light up our secondary...only to come up short with a late INT everytime. he wasn't consistent enough imo.

If we mention Drew, of any coach/QB combo, Payton gets mentioned just as much as any. Drew is great, but he got great under Payton's system.

Oh, and a complete overhaul of the rules in the NFL. Brady/Peyton great before said changes. Drew came after.

He got paid

Man I remember he had a solid 6-7 game stretch to start the 2011 season. The bills were either in first or tied for first going into their buy that year. They give him the extension and he proceeds to play like utter crap against the jets in the first game after the bye, they straight destroyed him and he had play that was very similar the rest of the season.

If we mention Drew, of any coach/QB combo, Payton gets mentioned just as much as any. Drew is great, but he got great under Payton's system.

Oh, and a complete overhaul of the rules in the NFL. Brady/Peyton great before said changes. Drew came after.

Elaborate

Brady was?

Brady won 3 Super Bowls with below star talent at receiver, so yeah. He was in that 3,800 yard range with 28+ TD's area, again, with lesser talent around him.

Brees was good in SD, he's ELITE since Payton and rule changes.

Peyton of course was always doin numbers, but with much better talent, pre rule changes.

Any flaws in my line of thinking?

Remember, rule changes came because of the Pats beating the crap out of Harrison/Wayne, etc. 5 yard contact etc. Tom was already 3 rings in by time full compliment of rule changes took effect.

Remember, rule changes came because of the Pats beating the crap out of Harrison/Wayne, etc. 5 yard contact etc. Tom was already 3 rings in by time full compliment of rule changes took effect.

this was the beginning of the end for DBs being able to actually play defense.

y'all can thank peyton and the colts next time you whine about it and the transition towards high powered aerial offenses :lol:

Last edited:
So CP I get Brady was nice... But the defense had absolutely nothing to do with those SBs?

Because I haven't seen you mention it one time. :lol:

Ok he played with "scrubs" at WR. But that D was stacked... Correct?

That was the biggest difference between the Colts and Pats those years. IMO

Not to mention you had a rule made up in a game. And your his kicker was kicking game winners in a blizzard. You don't give any of those guys any credit???

And we can thank Brady for defensive players not being allowed to breathe on QB's now.

you mean at not being allowed to dive at the knees of QBs...don't exaggerate it too much there, my man

the headshot and contact to the head on QB calls have nothing to do with TB12

Last edited:
And recording practices* :tongue: haha. Though what Ty Law used to do to receivers ....:x

And recording practices* :tongue: haha. Though what Ty Law used to do to receivers ....:x

hey we couldn't pump crowd noise into our dome like indy did, so we taped signals :lol:

we needed to even things up a bit :lol:

So CP I get Brady was nice... But the defense had absolutely nothing to do with those SBs?

Because I haven't seen you mention it one time. :lol:

Ok he played with "scrubs" at WR. But that D was stacked... Correct?

That was the biggest difference between the Colts and Pats those years. IMO

Not to mention you had a rule made up in a game. And your his kicker was kicking game winners in a blizzard. You don't give any of those guys any credit???

*sigh*

Do I need to mention all that, really?

Cuz the worst stretch of playoff games Peyton ever had, Freeney, Mathis, Doss, Bethea, and Mr. Glass carried him to his only title, with a former New England kicker kicking 3FG's in the Super Bowl.

So, in a QB thread, speaking on Tom, Peyton, and Brees, pre and post rule changes, I need to go thru the entire 53 man roster to make sure I divert as much credit away from Tom as possible?

This is still needed, in 2013?

Yes, Tom needed a full team to win 3 Super Bowls, all the way down to his punter and long snapper.

Point is, Tom and Peyton were already great pre rule changes. Drew became great after those changes, 06-07ish on. So to me, while great, Drew still slots in behind those two. If someone wants to sell me on Drew being ahead of one or both of them, I'd listen to the argument.

Yes... Yes you do. Because you continue to see he won with average WR. But that TEAM was far from average.

*sigh*

Do I need to mention all that, really?

Cuz the worst stretch of playoff games Peyton ever had, Freeney, Mathis, Doss, Bethea, and Mr. Glass carried him to his only title, with a former New England kicker kicking 3FG's in the Super Bowl.

So, in a QB thread, speaking on Tom, Peyton, and Brees, pre and post rule changes, I need to go thru the entire 53 man roster to make sure I divert as much credit away from Tom as possible?

This is still needed, in 2013?

Yes, Tom needed a full team to win 3 Super Bowls, all the way down to his punter and long snapper.

Point is, Tom and Peyton were already great pre rule changes. Drew became great after those changes, 06-07ish on. So to me, while great, Drew still slots in behind those two. If someone wants to sell me on Drew being ahead of one or both of them, I'd listen to the argument.

That defense had the worst rush defense in the history of the nfl and allowed like 400 to Jacksonville. You are really gonna use that defense AND name players at that? One was a difference maker and that was Sanders. Slander at its finest. No one brings up Brady's pedestrian play during his first two championships... or his pedestrian play the last 4 years. But it is what it is.

Last edited:
:smh: at how 'easy' the NFL has made it on QBs. That's why we see so many young QBs do well. They aren't getting better, it is just set up much easier for them when entering the league (IMO)

Drew only started for two seasons before that rule came into play.

I can't knock him for getting into the league later than Peyton or Brady.

However he's been just as productive as both or more so while operating under the same rules.

:smh: at how 'easy' the NFL has made it on QBs. That's why we see so many young QBs do well. They aren't getting better, it is just set up much easier for them when entering the league (IMO)
Flag football. That is essentially what we are going to be stuck with. Sad really.

Back
Top Bottom