NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

99 (we were young and inexperienced), 00 (Vanderchoke and before that we were torched by Lamar Smith. Yeah Lamar Smith), 02 (Peyton tried to be Superman after falling behind so much) IMO was not Peytons fault in the playoffs.

In 03, he threw a dumb INT trying to hit Pollard and IMO if they made that, the game would have been different.

04, the fast unstoppable Colts were stopped by a snowy NWE and Dillon ran all over the Colts. Pats were too physical for us.

05, they rested the starters and Peyton and co, came into the game rusty as ****. And in the end they choked.

07, They rested the starters against the Titans, and they played SD and they lost to a team missing LT and Rivers for most of the second half. Pisses me off to this day.

09, man IDK why they (Polian and Caldwell) was scared to go for the perfect season. There is so much pressure to win anyways, lets cut the ********. Chances like that dont come often. And they threw it away. As a Colts fan, I was disgusted they did that and will never forgive Polian for it. NEVER!!!!!!!!!

10, losing to the Jets was unacceptable. Letting a bum team like that win in our house. SMH.

Aside from 06, it was tough to watch the Playoff performances. Anger, disgust, and sadness rolled up into one. :smh:

99 (we were young and inexperienced), 00 (Vanderchoke and before that we were torched by Lamar Smith. Yeah Lamar Smith), 02 (Peyton tried to be Superman after falling behind so much) IMO was not Peytons fault in the playoffs.

In 03, he threw a dumb INT trying to hit Pollard and IMO if they made that, the game would have been different.

04, the fast unstoppable Colts were stopped by a snowy NWE and Dillon ran all over the Colts. Pats were too physical for us.

05, they rested the starters and Peyton and co, came into the game rusty as ****. And in the end they choked.

07, They rested the starters against the Titans, and they played SD and they lost to a team missing LT and Rivers for most of the second half. Pisses me off to this day.

09, man IDK why they (Polian and Caldwell) was scared to go for the perfect season. There is so much pressure to win anyways, lets cut the ********. Chances like that dont come often. And they threw it away. As a Colts fan, I was disgusted they did that and will never forgive Polian for it. NEVER!!!!!!!!!

10, losing to the Jets was unacceptable. Letting a bum team like that win in our house. SMH.

Aside from 06, it was tough to watch the Playoff performances. Anger, disgust, and sadness rolled up into one. :smh:

Good post. I swear 08 was indy's year to win it tho. Brady injured, no real dominant NFC team etc.

09 that resting players. Playing scared mindset baffled me. A game and a half from being undefeated and you throw in the towel smh. Baffles me to this day. I wish the jets would've beat them to prove a point. You let a team in the playoffs due to being comfortable and look what happened. I know that had to be going through their minds when the score was 17-6. Anyhow hope they don't make the same mistakes with luck if their in the same situation regular season wise.

]

So what? 9-7 .... you think those giant teams were great? hell those defenses weren't even that great. got hot in the playoffs and now they were some juggernaut the the super hero tom brady couldn't beat. C'mon son. 9-7 is 9-7 no matter how u cut it...

Numbers never tell the whole story,. esp when 3 of those losses could've easily been wins with the Giants making final drives that fell short (ie Seahawks, 49ers, etc), it was HOW they got the wins especially in 2011. The defense just got healthy and the run game stepped up, record doesn't mean anything come playoff time. They weren't an all time great team since it was their season was inconsistent, but they were just great when they needed to be.

Even the Cardinals almost won a Superbowl with an 8-8 record, they just couldn't stop Big Ben.

To what Mez is sayin, Eli has beaten Romo, Favre, Rodgers, Brady 2x, Ryan, Alex Smith and whoever Tampa had a couple years ago. All of them except Ryan on the road, or in the case with Brady, neutral sites.

Peyton has taken down Jake Plummer at home 2x, Trent Green on the road, Trent Green at home, Steve McNair on the road, Tom Brady at home, Rex Grossman neutral site, Joe Flacco at home, and Mark Sanchez at home,

Those are Peyton's playoff beats, the opposing QB's, Plummer twice, Green twice, McNair, Brady, Grossman, Flacco and Sanchez.
Flacco was in his 2nd year, Sanchez a rookie.

Again, I know everyone will jump up and down, QB's don't face other QB's, etc etc, very true, but it something that gets measured. Just like Roger Clemens doesn't face Randy Johnson in the batters box, they still matchup each game, same thing with QB's. WR's don't get credit for wins, RB's don't, QB's do. People track their W's and SB wins, etc etc. Hell, I'm starting to see sites count actual won/loss records along with their TD's and INT's now.

Eli takes down Romo, Favre, Rodgers, Brady 2x, and Ryan, most of that on the road, that's not bad. (not a lot of playoff wins AT Lambeau, to get Brett AND Rodgers, wooooooow) the two Brady's speak for themselves, and the Romo was 13-3 Romo, at home, off a bye. Not bad, even if Romo blows. (sorry Pro)

His brother says well I beat Jake Plummer twice, Trent Green twice, McNair, Brady, Grossman, and Flacco and Sanchez.........ehhhhhhhh

I can do the Peyton losses as well, and obviously do the Brady breakdown in a bit, but I have to get back to work before I get slapped. :lol:

To what Mez is sayin, Eli has beaten Romo, Favre, Rodgers, Brady 2x, Ryan, Alex Smith and whoever Tampa had a couple years ago. All of them except Ryan on the road, or in the case with Brady, neutral sites.

Peyton has taken down Jake Plummer at home 2x, Trent Green on the road, Trent Green at home, Steve McNair on the road, Tom Brady at home, Rex Grossman neutral site, Joe Flacco at home, and Mark Sanchez at home,

Those are Peyton's playoff beats, the opposing QB's, Plummer twice, Green twice, McNair, Brady, Grossman, Flacco and Sanchez.
Flacco was in his 2nd year, Sanchez a rookie.

Again, I know everyone will jump up and down, QB's don't face other QB's, etc etc, very true, but it something that gets measured. Just like Roger Clemens doesn't face Randy Johnson in the batters box, they still matchup each game, same thing with QB's. WR's don't get credit for wins, RB's don't, QB's do. People track their W's and SB wins, etc etc. Hell, I'm starting to see sites count actual won/loss records along with their TD's and INT's now.

Eli takes down Romo, Favre, Rodgers, Brady 2x, and Ryan, most of that on the road, that's not bad. (not a lot of playoff wins AT Lambeau, to get Brett AND Rodgers, wooooooow) the two Brady's speak for themselves, and the Romo was 13-3 Romo, at home, off a bye. Not bad, even if Romo blows. (sorry Pro)

His brother says well I beat Jake Plummer twice, Trent Green twice, McNair, Brady, Grossman, and Flacco and Sanchez.........ehhhhhhhh

I can do the Peyton losses as well, and obviously do the Brady breakdown in a bit, but I have to get back to work before I get slapped.
laugh.gif
Yeah you know it because you made the point yourself, but QBs don't face other QBs and that's ultimately irrelevant.  I'd rather compare a QB with the defense he's facing.

After all, Sanchez beat Brady...

So, the team that beat 3 other NFC playoff teams, twice, then NE, twice, was a plain and simple 9-7? :lol:
But those lovable one and done 12-13 win Colts are somehow more acceptable than how Brady and the Pats lost? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you both saying that the nfc was anywhere near as difficult as the afc?

Damn man, you are persistent in your Manning love, I'll give you that.

Here, Eli went ON THE ROAD and won at Tampa, at 13-3 Dallas, and at Green Bay, before knocking off the undefeated Pats.
Brady faced Jacksonville at home, the Chargers at home (without a healthy LT and with Rivers playing with a torn ACL if I remember correctly) and then of course the Giants.

Eli had 6 TD's and 1 INT in those playoff games

in 2011 he knocked off Atl at home, beat Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, and beat the 9ers in San Fran, before beating Tom. Eli, 9 TD's and 1 INT. Had a rating over 103 in 5 of these 8 games.
Brady in 2011? Beat the Tim Tebow led Broncos, and then the Flacco Ravens, both at home, and oh by the way, the Ravens had the game winning TD dropped in the end zone.

So, you tell me. Which path was harder? Eli's path, or Tom's path? Or are you going to argue this point as well?

See the difference is, Tom wins the games he usually should win, give or take a miracle catch here, or a miracle drop there. Peyton? He's 9 and 11. With more one and done's than ANY QB in history, the entire history of the NFL, Peyton one and done's more than any. His OWN BROTHER has more big wins than Peyton. And as I showed, Eli's numbers in those 2 years far outweight all your regular season #'s Peyton puts up.

At some point, you have to just get it thru your skull dude. He's great, one of the 5 best to ever play the game, but I'm sorry, he's a step below a couple guys. He just is. But top 5 is nothing to have his fans go crazy over. Not like we in here putting him at 27 or something. He's top 5, anybody would acknowledge that. And we have. But it's not top 1-2-3 is all. I'd say that's pretty fair on our parts.

that right there sums up your knowledge of the game. next...

Nah homie I know my. Stuff. But if your counting anything and everything against and for Peyton you have to do the same with Tom. Sometimes things just went his way when maybe they shouldn't have. Every player had that. But to me with Brady it never gets mentioned.

Flacco outplayed Brady Twice. The gaming winning TD just wasn't caught.

Brady is great no question. But I just always feel people see what they want to see with him. Like I've said a million times. His WRs were average. But his D ALWAYS stepped up when it mattered but that never gets tallied about. And that's not just with Brady tho.

It's a team sport. And I've never been one to put a L or W on one player. (Except romo :lol:)I don't think that's how it works. But that's just my opinion.

Peyton has had his bad games. But it's been time were he played his *** off and his D just didn't back him up. You have to think about ALL that when you talking sports. Especially football.

i'm all for counting things equally...but trying to say the tuck rule was made up on the spot is absurd. just because 99% of us didn't know about it doesn't mean it's made up. maybe you used the wrong phrase, but i wouldn't say the tuck rule was invented on the field.

and i agree with the rest of what you said about it being a team sport. it's a team effort no doubt, there. and no argument from me there.

Last edited:
Honestly with me it's not my love for Peyton...

It's I don't think Brady is as good as some like to believe. It's actually a few QBs I think that's better than him all time. But that's my opinion you have to respect that.

A few guys on here know there stuff. That's why I enjoy talking on NT. it's better than thing to my friends that think Romo is top 10. :smh:

Honestly with me it's not my love for Peyton...

It's I don't think Brady is as good as some like to believe. It's actually a few QBs I think that's better than him all time. But that's my opinion you have to respect that.

A few guys on here know there stuff. That's why I enjoy talking on NT. it's better than thing to my friends that think Romo is top 10.
mean.gif
Your top ten?

Yeah I was interested to see where you ranked Romo.

Now that you asked me and I've thought about it he's in the top 10 but only by default.

Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees
Ryan
Eli
Ben
Flacco

Those 8 QBs are the best the NFL has to offer. You can look at Flacco's regular Season Numbers all day. But when the lights are Bright he shows up.

So the rest are...

Romo
Shaub
Cutler (who I'm a big fan of but he's jut not there mentally. But if he was he would be top 10.)
Rivers
Vick :lol:
Bradford (another that I think could be top 10 but Stl is just wasting his talent)
Stafford
Cam(not ready... And not really the type of QB I think will ever be a Super Bowl champ)
Stafford

None of these guys are top 10 worthy but you have to put 2 in. So you pick. :lol: because none of them are winning Super Bowls on their career. NONE of them.

Not going to speak on the youngns until after this year.

CP the ravens missed a FG as well after Evans dropped that TD.

Stuff like that apparently don't count. Lmao

I wasnt doing it to slight CP.

:lol: :lol:

It's getting comical now. Jay, his point was in addition to what I was saying, I actually forgot the FG, but the dropped TD means even more as that would have won the game, the FG merely ties. I MADE the point that the Ravens should have won that game, the point was made, and your comprehension skills missed it in your rush to point out any sort of error on my part in reference to Tom Brady. You need to have that checked man.

I noted that all of that stuff I typed about Peyton, Eli and Tom, all you came back with was me forgetting to add a missed FG, everything else was legit, right? :nerd:

:lol: :lol:

It's getting comical now. Jay, his point was in addition to what I was saying, I actually forgot the FG, but the dropped TD means even more as that would have won the game, the FG merely ties. I MADE the point that the Ravens should have won that game, the point was made, and your comprehension skills missed it in your rush to point out any sort of error on my part in reference to Tom Brady. You need to have that checked man.

I noted that all of that stuff I typed about Peyton, Eli and Tom, all you came back with was me forgetting to add a missed FG, everything else was legit, right? :nerd:

I've moved on to Romo now. :lol:

But you know your stuff though CP. even when I was just a lurker I knew that. :lol:

I give props when props are due. You have me your reason why you think Brady is better. The convo was over right there. I tried to change the subject several times. It just don't work. :lol:

Edit: and I made that comment not even knowing what you said. I was basically all on the kool-aid but didn't know the flavor.

Last edited:
Well, in my defense, I was replying to that other guy on the last page, I get his name wrong all the time, starts with A, somethin or other. :lol:

And I was tryin to break out the QB wins vs opponents.

To which, I forgot something on Eli's resume, his 2011 win in GB was against the defending champs, in their place, against Aaron Rodgers. Meanwhile, Brady was beating up on Tim Tebow, at home. I'd say Eli had the tougher road to the Super Bowl that year, 9-7 record be damned.

I can't speak on Romo, Pro gets mad at me. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think last year's thread even made it to half the amount of pages that this one is at. It's not even week 1. :lol:

:pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom