NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

I'd have to wonder if the Chargers would be a little gunshy after letting Brees go and he blew up, if Rivers did too the Chargers would truly be cursed.

The idea fits, but SD would need to be sure they either had enough for Bridgewater, or multiple picks coming ala RGIII type assortment that the Rams got.

Maybe, MAYBE, if they saw enough from Boyd, Morris, Marriotta, McCarron, Gardner, they'd be ok if missed out on Teddy. I have my doubts this early in the process tho.

While I think Aaron Rodgers is great, you bring up Favre being liked by the OTHER teams fans at the end of seasons/playoffs...

Rodgers and Favre are a lot alike in that aspect. They both have a Super Bowl at the same point in their careers, and I distinctly remember Rodgers kicking the ball into Karlos Dansby's hands in 2009, falling flat on their face in 2011 after a 15-1 season in the divisional round, and last year in 2012 allowing a QB in his first postseason ever to outplay him.

Hi Kettle, I'm Black.

I'm sure Kaep had a much easier time throwing/running around the Packera defense than Rodgers did vs the 49ers defense, not like he "allowed" Kaep to outplay him. Rodgers covers up a lot of the Packers deficiencies and it amazes me how they continuously win their division despite no run game, awful offensive line, and consistently bad to mediocre defense (in convincing fashion too).

I'm sure Kaep had a much easier time throwing/running around the Packera defense than Rodgers did vs the 49ers defense, not like he "allowed" Kaep to outplay him. Rodgers covers up a lot of the Packers deficiencies and it amazes me how they continuously win their division despite no run game, awful offensive line, and consistently bad to mediocre defense (in convincing fashion too).

While I think Aaron Rodgers is great, you bring up Favre being liked by the OTHER teams fans at the end of seasons/playoffs...

Rodgers and Favre are a lot alike in that aspect. They both have a Super Bowl at the same point in their careers, and I distinctly remember Rodgers kicking the ball into Karlos Dansby's hands in 2009, falling flat on their face in 2011 after a 15-1 season in the divisional round, and last year in 2012 allowing a QB in his first postseason ever to outplay him.

Hi Kettle, I'm Black.

Who is this addressing? Me or Fraij?

Hi Kettle, I'm Black.
Who is this addressing? Me or Fraij?
Not sure who hes talking to but umm I remember Rodgers being blatantly facemasked on that play where Dansby took it to the endzone and JPZ are you telling me Rodgers had something to do with Kaepernicks 179 yards BEFORE CONTACT?

49ers were arguably the best defense last year and GB let Kaepernick go untouched for literally 99% of his 181 yards rushing.

Also in that Cards game Packers D gave up, what? 45 pts?
laugh.gif
Let Warner complete all but 4 of his passes...

Rodgers threw for 423 and 4 TD's in that game...

The Packers with Woodson, Clay earned their stripes by risk-taking and taking advantage of young QBs who are historically prone to making more mistakes than vets.

Yeah, the 49ers are a better team than the Packers, but Rodgers is a Super Bowl Champion, a guy many have dubbed "Best QB in the League" or like me "WILL be the best QB ever when all said and done" (yeah, I realize what I'm saying :lol: Everyone has an opinion :lol:) he shouldn't be outplayed by Kaep in his first postseason despite the defenses each are facing in a win-or-go home situation. That just shouldn't happen. Or I'd like to see Rodgers have the mentality of "I'm not letting that happen" like many of the greats throughout other sports have done.

And Rodgers has played great in some of those games I've referenced, but he's had some KEY late game mistakes or his team has flopped as odds on favorites, which is somewhat reminiscent of his predecessor (the only one you can really refute on that is the 49ers in last year's playoff game, which is completely fair).

Last edited:
A-Rod had a phenomenal game against that defense.

But there's only so much you can do.

Well I'm referring to the playoff game, and he only had 2 TDs, 1 INT, and 257 yards. Which we know for HIM, is not a great game by any means. Great defense yeah, but I expect a bit more than that in a game that puts you in the conference championship match.

I'm not seein your angle JP. On the road, against a team comin off a bye, with a top end defense, and he had a 91 rating completed almost 67% of his passes, with a couple TD's.

The opposing QB went against a swiss cheese defense for almost 200 ON THE GROUND. :lol:

Sorry, but I'm not puttin that on Rodgers.

Same with Arizona. He guided his offense to 45 freakin points, in HIS first ever playoff game, against a former Super Bowl Champion MVP QB. I'm gonna say A-Rodg did alright that game.

His 3rd loss was to the eventual Super Bowl champs.

Those are tough losses on him, but I don't think he merits a comparison to the losses Favre had. Maybe after a few more years (and losses) you can put a pattern together, but these 3 games are not a good start for your argument.

I'm not seein your angle JP. On the road, against a team comin off a bye, with a top end defense, and he had a 91 rating completed almost 67% of his passes, with a couple TD's.

The opposing QB went against a swiss cheese defense for almost 200 ON THE GROUND. :lol:

Same with Arizona. He guided his offense to 45 freakin points, in HIS first ever playoff game, against a former Super Bowl Champion MVP QB. I'm gonna say A-Rodg did alright that game.

Those are tough losses on him, but I don't think he merits a comparison to the losses Favre had. Maybe after a few more years (and losses) you can put a pattern together, but these 3 games are not a good start for your argument.

Well thought out.

See, it's a tough argument for me to make, because of how talented I think the guy is and can be. But that's the double-edged sword too. My bar is SO high for him because of what I've seen him do with my own two eyes on TV and live in-person, that the 91 rating doesn't even impress me, in fact, it makes me look down on him. :lol: Just think about that.

I have no credibility like 651akathePaul to back up this analogy, but I'm like that coach that's too hard on his player because he sees that crazy skill, poise, and greatness in him. I'm not a coach whatsoever, and Aaron Rodgers is 9 years older than me, but if you get my point.... then yeah :lol:

I just think enough of his skillset that I think he can throw 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and 350 yards WHENEVER he wants to, against any defense. It's not that easy for anyone, but he's the entire package in terms of footwork, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, lots of confidence but not overwhelming cockiness, etc. I feel like he's the only QB right now (maybe Tom still, he defies his age, it's incredible really) that if he puts his mind to it, I don't think ANY defense can stop him when he sets out to do something.

That's why I get a little disappointed when the Packers fall to the 49ers, or he plays awful against the Giants in that 2011 Divisional Playoff Round at home after a 15-1 season (there's no denying that one, go check THAT statline :x). He's truly the complete quarterback. And to make matters worse, the Vikings had two draft picks in 2005, the year he dropped to #24. Who did we select? Troy Williamson, and Erasmus James. NEITHER are in the NFL. Meanwhile, my favorite QB in the league, was there for the taking and is now playing for the one team I wanted him to go to the least. Can't blame the Vikes though, Daunte Culpepper was coming off of that career year in 2004. Had they known he was going to tear his ACL seven games into 2005, and never fully recover... well, no one can tell the future, but the events that transpired seemed awful ironic, and the cursed franchise that is the Vikings just keeps going to the beat of their scorned drum. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Oh you didnt know JPZx?  CP only looks negatively on QBs with ridiculous regular season records and postseason failures if said quarterback's name rhymes with Shayton Tanning.

Shayton Tanning... sounds like a poorly thought out name for the lovechild of Channing Tatum and Peyton Manning if they had a hooked up in a bathroom stall and had to think of a name, quick. I think Roethlisberger was a stall over yelling out name suggestions too.

Its also funny to me that he has no problem using the "his loss was to the eventual Super Bowl Champions" excuse with Rodgers.  How many times did Peyton get knocked out by the eventual SB Champ?  50% of the time?  75% of the time? 

Gotta love inconsistent arguments.

Wow.

Just, wow.

And Peyton backers wonder why they get a bad wrap.

FIFTEEN YEARS Dland, I have FIFTEEN YEARSSSSSSSS of evidence on Peyton.

Aaron has 3 losses.

One, his first ever game.
Two, his loss to the champs, which btw, I did not absolve him of, merely pointed out they were the champs.
Three, the Kap game in which Aaron did not allow 200 yards rushing to the opposing QB.

Would you like me to loss by loss Peyton? Do you want to play that game? Say it. Go on, say the ******g word. Let's do it, since you can't ******g handle someone saying hey, Aaron needs more years of proof before we can connect the dots, just like we can with Shayton Tanning.

Oh but wait, I bet you'd like to forget eventual losses to Super Bowl teams for Malom Grady too, right?

Gotta love inconsistent arguments tho..........even when the person says more data required than THREE L's. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You Peyton, scuse me, Shayton backers are pathetic.:lol:

Maybe after a few more years (and losses) you can put a pattern together, but these 3 games are not a good start for your argument

Maybe after a few more years (and losses) you can put a pattern together,

Reading is fundamental bruh.

Oh wait, to your point tho. He lost to Tom Brady twice (you know, the guy that Peyton is better than in your dreams) and then he lost to Ben, in Ben's second year, just like Kap last year, no? But hey, Ben won the Super Bowl so we'll still count it, and of course he lost in a SB to Brees, his pick 6 didn't matter at all, and then he lost to the Ravens last year. (he have a pick 6 in that game too? Oh, and he got the TWO special teams touchdowns, but we'll keep that quiet in here)

Oh, and he lost to Ben and Flacco at home, coming off bye weeks, so that's fun. Gotta love some inconsistent arguments tho, eh ************?

But don't worry, I won't bring up the loss to Sanchez, or Jay Fielder, or Pennington 41-0, or Rivers at home, off a bye, I'll keep those a secret, ssshhhhh. No pattern, no pattern.

So to answer, that's about 50% of his 11 playoff losses to eventual champs. But like I said, no pattern of one and done's or anything like that the last 15 years for me to base a solid argument on, nope, not me. I'm just sittin here talkin out my ***, especially when I speak on Favre, and Rodgers, and Dan, and Brady, Ben, Montana, etc and no one else gets bent out of shape about what I say, but you Peyton fan *****, oh, you all got tears.

Don't come in like nothing and start throwing veiled shots. Shayton Fanning and ********. :smh: Say what you want and if you think you got me on something, speak on it. Don't be slick and think you're really makin a point. Cuz you just fell flat on your face and look stupid doin so.

Go back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Well thought out.

See, it's a tough argument for me to make, because of how talented I think the guy is and can be. But that's the double-edged sword too. My bar is SO high for him because of what I've seen him do with my own two eyes on TV and live in-person, that the 91 rating doesn't even impress me, in fact, it makes me look down on him. :lol: Just think about that.

I have no credibility like 651akathePaul to back up this analogy, but I'm like that coach that's too hard on his player because he sees that crazy skill, poise, and greatness in him. I'm not a coach whatsoever, and Aaron Rodgers is 9 years older than me, but if you get my point.... then yeah :lol:

I just think enough of his skillset that I think he can throw 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and 350 yards WHENEVER he wants to, against any defense. It's not that easy for anyone, but he's the entire package in terms of footwork, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, lots of confidence but not overwhelming cockiness, etc. I feel like he's the only QB right now (maybe Tom still, he defies his age, it's incredible really) that if he puts his mind to it, I don't think ANY defense can stop him when he sets out to do something.

That's why I get a little disappointed when the Packers fall to the 49ers, or he plays awful against the Giants in that 2011 Divisional Playoff Round at home after a 15-1 season (there's no denying that one, go check THAT statline :x). He's truly the complete quarterback. And to make matters worse, the Vikings had two draft picks in 2005, the year he dropped to #24. Who did we select? Troy Williamson, and Erasmus James. NEITHER are in the NFL. Meanwhile, my favorite QB in the league, was there for the taking and is now playing for the one team I wanted him to go to the least. Can't blame the Vikes though, Daunte Culpepper was coming off of that career year in 2004. Had they known he was going to tear his ACL seven games into 2005, and never fully recover... well, no one can tell the future, but the events that transpired seemed awful ironic, and the cursed franchise that is the Vikings just keeps going to the beat of their scorned drum. :lol: :smh:

I've recently become distracted by some other posts, but I do see and hear your point.

Unfortunately, I am unable to address this with you, as I am unqualified to have an opinion about Aaron Rodgers until he pees down his leg six or seven more times, so I can properly assess his career like those that played before him.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:
Wow.

Just, wow.

And Peyton backers wonder why they get a bad wrap.

FIFTEEN YEARS Dland, I have FIFTEEN YEARSSSSSSSS of evidence on Peyton.

Aaron has 3 losses.

One, his first ever game.
Two, his loss to the champs, which btw, I did not absolve him of, merely pointed out they were the champs.
Three, the Kap game in which Aaron did not allow 200 yards rushing to the opposing QB.

Would you like me to loss by loss Peyton? Do you want to play that game? Say it. Go on, say the ******g word. Let's do it, since you can't ******g handle someone saying hey, Aaron needs more years of proof before we can connect the dots, just like we can with Shayton Tanning.

Oh but wait, I bet you'd like to forget eventual losses to Super Bowl teams for Malom Grady too, right?

Gotta love inconsistent arguments tho..........even when the person says more data required than THREE L's.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You Peyton, scuse me, Shayton backers are pathetic.
laugh.gif
My God man. 
laugh.gif
  You need to settle down.  Us old guys cant be getting worked up like this. 

I completely understand your point of view that Rodgers needs more time to be judged. I actually agree with it.  My interpretation of your 3 game analysis was that you were making excuses as to why he lost.  If that wasnt your intention, fine. 

When you said "it was his first game ever".....that came off as an excuse as to why he lost...or at least justified it.

When you said "he lost to the eventual Super Bowl champs"......that came off as an excuse as to why he lost....or at least justified it.

(I know that if someone said that about Peyton, you would have flipped your **** in response.  And as far as Tom Brady goes, its not me that is making the inconsistent argument.  I never brought up the losses to eventual SB Champs.  You did.)

When you said "Kapernick 200 yard rushing game"......it came off as a "well the defense lost the game" type excuse.  Can the same not be said about Manning?  I'm sure, since you are probably typing out game by game as we speak, you will be able to find a game where Peyton had a QB rating around 90 and ended up losing the game.

Anyway, I get it.  You think Peyton is a choke artist and regardless of circumstances, his lack of postseason success will be in the forefront of every Peyton related comment you read or type. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom