NFL Week 5 In Review...

Milliner might suck, but Marcell Dareus was underwhelming in both 2011 and 2012, and a completely different player in 2013 and 2014 (this year especially with Schwartz).

Am I saying Milliner had Dareus hype? No. Am I saying Milliner will be a stud? No. Am I even saying Milliner will be good? NOPE. But I laugh at people that grade out draft picks during their first year, especially secondary players.

1 year in, kareem jackson looked like the worst corner i've ever seen in my life. now i'd say he's actually a pretty formidable corner. at least above average, even if just barely above

Milliner might suck, but Marcell Dareus was underwhelming in both 2011 and 2012, and a completely different player in 2013 and 2014 (this year especially with Schwartz).

Am I saying Milliner had Dareus hype? No. Am I saying Milliner will be a stud? No. Am I even saying Milliner will be good? NOPE. But I laugh at people that grade out draft picks during their first year, especially secondary players.

I think Kiper said he thought Milliner was a top 3 prospect at one point.

I agree with what else you say. DBs take forever to develop. Of course, they also bust a lot.

Anyone see the grantland article on the Jets & Idzik? Saw it after I posted this morning but it touched on some of these points.

1 year in, kareem jackson looked like the worst corner i've ever seen in my life. now i'd say he's actually a pretty formidable corner. at least above average, even if just barely above

Yeah dude was getting straight abused big plays all over the place :lol: :x

CB is a hard position to excel in immediately anyway but I still think his improvement had a lil bit to do with him getting used to the traditional backpedal, turn and flip, etc rather than how Saban coaches his CBs to defend

Corners take 3 years to develop.

It's why I didn't want the Lions taking one and starting him right away.

Even all pros are typically food the 1st year and a half.

The problem with ranking Dee Milli an elite corner prospect is his lack of ball skills. Clear as day at Bama he lacks a knack for the football, and his hands are mediocre. Rex rarely gets defensive players wrong though, I'll reserve judgement pending Milliner's health.

Alford and Des are ahead of the "3-year curve" for ATL. Although OBJ got Alford for one this past Sunday.

Amerson another guy I like moving forward at just 22. With college experience and versatility to play CB or S.

Dee's and Wilson's ball skills are dog ****.

Wilson still refuses to look for the ball. It's joke.

Kyle Wilson has 3 INT in 69 games. I've given up on him as a competent NFL corner.

If I could rep you twice I would have.

Hate the play dude plays. Refuses to turn on the ball and misses tackles left and right :smh: . Milliner is better, but that's not saying much.

At least he knows :lol:

I will say they were competitive in their losses before Sun, Broncos coming up this week tho :x

I like Rex and I think he's a great coach but he definitely gets some blame. He's the head coach, he needs to be more aware of the offense. I feel like he only coaches the defense.

If nothing else, Rex is brutally honest. One of the few HC's in the NFL that implements truth in his pressers. Offense will be his downfall, he's a casualty of too much emphasis on one side of the ball. If you want to neglect the O, you need a better, stronger OC than Marty or Schotty.

Texans
Overtime loss, damn that sucks. Glad I was able to avoid everything to see it. Even the Texans/Cowboys fans I had seen earlier didnt really give any indication of who won. 3 key plays got that win, Watt not being able to being Romo down on that sack, the Harris KR that gave Dallas good field position, of Dez's amazing catch with Joseph having good coverage over him. I'd probably be seething if this was in real-time, but I'm just mildly rustled now. Good game some of you Cowboy fans.
So this is what went on in here huh :lol:?. Two teams that played each other very evenly, and the team with the better QB won. "We would have dominated" "we still smashed" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I've been done watching the game for like 2 minutes, and if that's what domination was, lmaoooo. This is really interesting to watch after everybody else has already done it. Pretty much got to be fully engrossed into this game, and this was a good game to do it. It's still **** the Cowboys all day, but I dug the battle, and either team could've won.

:x :x at all the Texans/Cowboys couples I saw today. G t f o h

Wait minute, I just realized this guy said "Truthfully this was like a loss to us" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seahawks
- Glad the Hawks won, but good lord, what an underwhelming game, and it wasn't even TNF.
- That Desean TD was on Kam, not Sherman
- Wilson :smokin still just ho-hum and being a true leader. No need to dig his team into a hole making mistakes, then making a hapless comeback to masquerade himself as a hero. Real leaders don't do that.

The League
- EJ Biggers stinks, and does nothing at all right. His awareness has to be like 47.
- I guess Brady is....byke :rolleyes :roll eyes ? I don't even know any of the players he was throwing to, other than Gronk, who looked like a madman getting that TD.
- Geno Smith has been looking terrible, and i don't know if that's due to the other teams doing.
- Not sure if I've ever seen Vick look that washed before. It's sad.
- Had no idea the Titans lost. So much for gaining ground on the division :lol:
- Jags still stink.
- Flacco looked hapless against the Colts, of course.
- NFL Shortcuts :smokin :smokin

I like Rex and I think he's a great coach but he definitely gets some blame. He's the head coach, he needs to be more aware of the offense. I feel like he only coaches the defense.

True. Just looking at his teams during his Jets tenure. Lots of success on defense and minimal with the offense. Mostly because of the quarterbacks, but not very good, nonetheless.

Im glad Demaryius Thomas finally got going, I was starting to worry about him a bit.. And my colts improve their record again
pimp.gif

Yes, absolutely.

Even when they were making it to those AFC Championship games, the offense was uninspired.  Obviously we can blame Schottenheimer but it's Rex putting the staff together.  

Lovie Smith-esque in some ways.

Let's not forget the Jets had their chance to sign Darrelle Revis this offseason. They were actually his first choice after the Bucs released him (Pats were 2nd). Rex wanted him...management said no.

Could've had dude back on a reasonable 1 year deal after trading him away the previous season for a 1st and 3rd. They drop the ball, stay $20M under the cap, and now they're in this mess.

Revis wouldn't have fixed all their issues, but he plugs up a huge hole and you keep him away from a division rival.

Rex & Geno were set up to fail.

Rex has pretty much no control for the Jets; on a team that has it more together I think he would be good

I mean didn't the Jets basically pop champagne after an 8-8 season last year?

Back
Top Bottom