Nike aims to be nimbler by cutting shoe styles, 1,400 jobs

Yeah, the materials they are releasing most of these retros in is garbage. I saw the "Bo Jackson Trainer SC" at Jimmy Jazz yesterday, and its just a cheap piece of plastic that shouldnt have even been released. Most of Nikes retros should be released at payless for the types of materials they are using.

Their retro quality for the past decade has been on a downward spiral - the shoes only look half decent in some heavily doctored photographs but are uncomfortable to wear for any period of time.

It's only in the last 2 years, that they've been running some type of 'premium feeling' vinyl/leatherette on some of their product but the sockliners/interior padding are still garbage. Someone also mentioned AJ IIIs sitting earlier, but IIIs have been re-re-retroed so often in the past few years too so it's only natural that they sit. You also couple the plethora of garbage colourways along with the fact that some serious cornballs are sporting/promoting Jordan product and you can understand why people may shy away from the brand.

Their inline product is moderately comfortable but minimalistic one piece upper joints with screen printed Swooshes and logos so it's easy to see why they end up moving only at heavy discounts.

These are Nikes "innovations" rehashing shoes like the tech challenges in new iterations :rofl:

View media item 2470413

IMO these kinds of runners/casual kicks are whats hot right now.

i of course still see jordans and stuff, but mostly now its flyknit runners, roshes, and boosts

and i get it.

wearing those shoes nowadays are just so much more comfortable.

Last edited:
nike is washed 

relying on brand loyalty from old people like ninja who still collect foamposites and live in the hood. 

you can tell the nike ****s too cause they usually say stuff like this... 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sckid20  

Adidas is popular but its not even in the stratosphere of nike bidness wise
like why do people care about this? mans sound like they work for nike

lets talk about products... and nike has nothing exciting

Last edited:

nike is washed 

relying on brand loyalty from old people like ninja who still collect foamposites and live in the hood. 

you can tell the nike ****s too cause they usually say stuff like this... 

like why do people care about this? mans sound like they work for nike

lets talk about products... and nike has nothing exciting

When yall say Nike is washed you guys are talking strictly sneakers right?

If we're talking exercise/fitness apparel and utility of, Nike is King.

Adidas doesn't even make an attempt to compete in that realm.

Last edited:
90% of whats in Flight club is Nike/JB.

:lol: @ Nike being washed, when they Bogarting da NBA deal after they already bogarted da NFL.

:lol: @ dismissing charts showing Nike is head, shoulders, legs and feet over da nearest competition.

Anyone trying to discount the effect that adidas' surge in popularity has had on Nike sales is just a fanboy.

Conversely, anyone saying adidas is touching Nike in terms of sales and worldwide popularity is a damn fool.

All that said, this dude Kanye really changed the fortunes of an already known, established brand. I loathe the dude for the most part, but kudos to him.

90% of whats in Flight club is Nike/JB.

:lol: @ Nike being washed, when they Bogarting da NBA deal after they already bogarted da NFL.

:lol: @ dismissing charts showing Nike is head, shoulders, legs and feet over da nearest competition.

the average consumer ain't going to rif or FC to pick up kicks. at least from what i've seen, most of the people are just looking.

i wouldn't say nike is washed at all tho either. but its interesting to see jordans sit on shelves.

Last edited:
When Nike  named Mark Parker its CEO in 2006, one of the first things Parker did was call Apple CEO Steve Jobs  for advice. At the time, Nike was trying to fit its digital strategy  into its line of hundreds of thousands of products. 

Steve Jobs said  one thing that stuck with Parker:

"Nike makes some of the best products in the world. Products that you lust after. But you also make a lot of crap. Just get rid of the crappy stuff and focus on the good stuff."

"He was absolutely right," said Parker. "We had to edit."

Nike will be fine, this is actually a sign of strength. Most Fortune 500 could cut some fat from their operational procedures. 

Last edited:
nike needs to step up their marketing game...for so long they had powerful advertising. i rarely see anything from them nowadays. 

once adidas contract with the nba is up things will go back to normal tho

I'm pretty sure people that make that claim are only referring to sneakers. I don't think anyone in their right mind would say Adidas is threatening Nike's whole operation, however if we're comparing only sneakers between the two; Adidas is kicking the **** out of them right now.

I'm pretty sure people that make that claim are only referring to sneakers. I don't think anyone in their right mind would say Adidas is threatening Nike's whole operation, however if we're comparing only sneakers between the two; Adidas is kicking the **** out of them right now.
You'd be surprised, my question was in response to someone who downplayed Nike's position as one of the world's largest companies to say what really matter is the market for sneakers because that's what ultimately shapes trends. 
laugh.gif

Nike is trippin with their apparel prices man. 
laugh.gif

The products and quality across the Nike Running line are ******* fantastic, but they really put MSRP for something like a t-shirt at $80. 

I work in sports so I wear training gear 90% of the time and I really can't tell you how much use and value I get out of Nike clothing but they don't get none of my money. 

I wait for the current line to be in transition between seasons and then I clean up on eBay.  I probably only pay 70% off retail on average. 

Last edited:
Jordans are sitting because of jordans lol.
so people just not wearing shoes right now?

this board is literally a microcosm of the sneaker game and look how many cats are copping adidas now. the "other brands" section is filled with cats who made the switch

what did adidas do to you? you've made numerous salty posts like this.

your loyalty is clouding your judgement 

Figured id post this in here

Nike could be close to a direct relationship selling product on Amazon 
https://www.streetinsider.com/Analy...n+Amazon+(AMZN)+-+Goldman+Sachs/13031119.html

Saw that. ***** getting bad

Nike either way needs to slash prices

Like I said in another thread or might have been here, it's insane to walk into finishline and see a a discount tag on 75% of the shoves :x

You never saw that before
How is nike selling to amazon bad? Adidas has been doing it for some time. Most importantly look at the recent trends for teenagers (tons of studies and articles out there), amazon is the top site they go to for shopping. this is just part of their strategy, focusing it as a misstep means you're not seeing the holistic and strategic changes that are happening.

so people just not wearing shoes right now?
this board is literally a microcosm of the sneaker game and look how many cats are copping adidas now. the "other brands" section is filled with cats who made the switch

what did adidas do to you? you've made numerous salty posts like this.
your loyalty is clouding your judgement

Lol wat. I love adidas.

This board is a microcasm of the sneaker game. I agree.

But the sneaker game is a micro microcasm of the bigger picture.

Im not saying anything bad about adidas...i HAVE boost sneakers lol.

They are great.

All i said was jordans are sitting because of the huge amount of jordans lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom