Nike aims to be nimbler by cutting shoe styles, 1,400 jobs

Too many Jordans and other Nike Flagship models landing in outlets. Nike supply has finally surpassed the demand, and the days of being able to wank into shoe stores days, and sometimes weeks, after release dates and easily find your sizes are back. Enjoy this while you can. Nike will cut supply again in order to increase demand just like they did in the early 2000's.

it not the supply

it's the price

these shoes coming out every week at $200 or better

I would say price and frequency

Too many Jordans and other Nike Flagship models landing in outlets. Nike supply has finally surpassed the demand, and the days of being able to wank into shoe stores days, and sometimes weeks, after release dates and easily find your sizes are back. Enjoy this while you can. Nike will cut supply again in order to increase demand just like they did in the early 2000's.
I'm enjoying it 
smokin.gif

Nike pricing been an issue for a while now, all these back door codes and discounts to "special" customers throws shade on the brand. The amazon deal looks to be a way to dump DS and reduce the number of outlet stores.

Nike's pricing is out of control, and throw in the difficulty of getting many of the releases you want (2009-2015 ) left me no longer interested in trying to buy *everything*.
With that said, adidas has 3 models of shoes (y'all actually want) and they are severely overpriced thus making their growth unsustainable.

The only reason Kyries and PG shoes sell well is cause of the price compared to other sigs.

Last edited:
:lol: never thought 3 stripes breaking into the territory

Nike step the game up

Lmao at this thread. Nike/NBA relationship is going to be :pimp: adidas dropped the ball for years with that.

You're wrong with your assumption my man. Anything that they drop EQT gets scooped and sells out instantaneously. You're also underestimating the demand for their classics like the Stan Smith and Superstar that has recently seen an emergence. Adidas isn't just Yeezy's, NMD's and Ultraboost; however if you're just an observer not in the know I can see how'd you reach that assumption.

You're wrong with your assumption my man. Anything that they drop EQT gets scooped and sells out instantaneously. You're also underestimating the demand for their classics like the Stan Smith and Superstar that has recently seen an emergence. Adidas isn't just Yeezy's, NMD's and Ultraboost; however if you're just an observer not in the know I can see how'd you reach that assumption.

fair enough.

pretty sure those that are checking for the Eqt's also have NMD UB and yeezy stuff.

with that said, "making their growth unsustainable." Which shoe besides the 3 I mentioned/alluded to are new?

Also, please note I made criticisms of Nike in my post. Im not hating on your brand specifically.

Also, please note I made criticisms of Nike in my post. Im not hating on your brand specifically.

I completely disagree with your "unsustainable" comment. Adidas had an overhaul on their approach and we are now witnessing their smarter plan. Don't confuse me with some of the ****s on here that go to war for a name brand. I am a fan of all brands and have a diverse rotation. With that being said though, there's a lot of bs claims being made about Adidas which just aren't true.

I think much of this revenue jump os due to sneakers costing less to produce. Most of these lifestyle sneakers are like socks with a sole.

I love the competition, us as the consumer can only come out as a winner.

Adidas getting closer the Nike brand, Jordan, is a great win.

Back
Top Bottom