Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by d e beatup

This release ain't about making money bro.  If that were the case, they'd be on NDC where there's no middle man and they can break off 100% of the profits instead of selling wholesale to a retailer at 55% of MSRP.  And surely you don't really believe that only sneakerheads are out to cop; I would venture that of the campers, the majority are amateur resellers, a fair amount of hypebeasts and a few devoted sneaker heads.  NSW in particular is driven by the hype machine; when is the last time you've ever seen ANY marketing for a Nike Retro? 

There's no going back to the quickstrike because it's just not possible anymore.  We live in the instant age, with blogs and social media and even ancient old Niketalk always getting the jump on unreleased product.  While it would be nice for more pairs to be floating out to make an easier cop, the demand isn't going down for the sneaks anytime soon.

Yep, this release wasn't about money now, it's about keeping that hype built up for consistent money later.  They don't want this "shoe game" to become what happened to the card collection scene in the 90s.
Nikes entire objective is to make money, and being a sneakerhead is the new card collecting.  Its the new pog's, its the new cabbage patch kids, elmo, beanie baby, etc...  Sports cards went south once everyone knew they could be bought and sold for money (people do this with sneakers), also sports cards started to get away from general stuff and turned into being all about super rare "sub sets" and "inserts" (what do you call what is going on with sneakers the last couple years?)
you are in the middle of the downswing of a fad, sure some people really enjoy all of the things I listed about and will continue to collect with or without the hype.  But a majority are in and out just like every other fad.
That's exactly what is it. We used to have all that stuff for collecting, but nowadays, they're all out of style. Sneakers are the new collectible in town. However, just like everything, the fad will die and things will get better.

price goes up price goes down

who cares

happy i got my size in the end with a little work and at retail AND NO CAMPING

I ended up selling some kicks that I didnt wear and wasnt tied to and used that to purchase the galaxys.. Luckily the seller worked with me and helped me out a tiny bit haha.. Ill post pics once they arrive!

Originally Posted by proballer

I ended up selling some kicks that I didnt wear and wasnt tied to and used that to purchase the galaxys.. Luckily the seller worked with me and helped me out a tiny bit haha.. Ill post pics once they arrive!

Congrats Bro!!!!

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

barcelona kobes over galaxies?? i know it's opinion, but still the notion of that just seems beyond ridiculous.
laugh.gif
I rather have those Kobes then the galaxies, for real...

Originally Posted by itsthafame

Originally Posted by proballer

Congrats Bro!!!!
Thanks fam. Preciate that. I cant wait for them to come in! Yo Itsthefame, when will yours be in?

I have one pair, but really like these thought about getting a second to keep ds. Found a size14 for 800 shipped... Do you guys think.that's a fair enough price?? I just hate to spend that much 2x.

Originally Posted by tatmantall

I have one pair, but really like these thought about getting a second to keep ds. Found a size14 for 800 shipped... Do you guys think.that's a fair enough price?? I just hate to spend that much 2x.

you will never get a better price again big spender

p.s. I leave this thread alone when NT does

Originally Posted by tatmantall

something smells like a fish. Dude sent me pics and the box has a flightclub sticker with a price of 1850 on it and he selling for 800???? the place is on the legit list however this seems odd... It could also be noted that originally he asked me to gift the money via paypal. I know that isn't completely unheard of but asking someone that you have never done business with to just gift that amount of money??? STRANGE

^just add the 4% paypal rendering the gift excuse useless
ask for newer, dated pics, but that may not be possible

This may not be a fish nessesarily, because many people from flight club never sold thier pairs.

I almost became one of them

These are nice foams and everything but I don't care if they let me walk on water..never paying $1000 plus for a sneaker..thats ridiiculous!!!

^^^ take your hate elsewhere. Let people spend their money as they please and don't judge. Props to everyone who copped!

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

this right is already fishy....i dont think VIM ever had foams to begin with.
thats why i love VIM, cuz cats like you think they never get anything.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

but rico, all blacks on sale? this didn't happen around my hood..joints were gone for retail in da summer no less in 2007.

Nah i just never knew. I used to live by a VIM in sunset park brooklyn, they never had kicks like that.

New shoe collectors like you always make wrong assumptions.

i love them but back to how cheap this actuallt look up close.. like what they going to look like with a scratch or scuff in them? im guessing a white base under that cheap wall paper around the foam itself..

Back
Top Bottom