Nike Air Foamposite One 'Weatherman' $250 MSRP Release 08/30/13

I thought these ***** were a joke 
laugh.gif

Same here! Till I started seeing more pix

Outlet? Ha... These will sell of faster than any foam this year.

They are going for $1,200 on VMVinc. The Galaxies are $1,200 on the same site...

I don't purchase from that site, but that just goes to show you the hype on these is gonna be unreal. What a joke...
View media item 460179
well looks like an easy pass and I can use my money on some maxes or kobes lol

If I recall fighter jets were around $600 a few months before release. I don't see no hype coming really
As were the Camos that just released.  We'll just have to wait and see as the release approaches what kind of release this will be (which locations, ect). I don't anticipate anything to hectic.

The price doesn't matter, really. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but consider this -

Tons of current "sneakerheads" are essentially renting their sneakers. They buy a pair, wear them a few time, take some photos for social media and forums and then sell them and recoup 80% of their cost and move on to the next release. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

So, there's a lot of commerce going on in the sneaker world - a lot of transactions, but that doesn't mean that any of the shoes are actually worth anything. If people just keep trading shoes for cash and then that cash back for shoes, it really doesn't matter if that amount is $200, $400, or $1,000. You get up the initial cash to play and it's just the same $200, $400, or $1000 that you keep trading back and forth for sneaks.

This is the essence of any "bubble" People mistake commerce for true interest and market price for true value.
YOU ARE A GENIUS SIR . YOU SHOULD BE TELLING OBAMA WHAT TO DO . GREAT ECONOMICS LESSON

The price doesn't matter, really. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but consider this -

Tons of current "sneakerheads" are essentially renting their sneakers. They buy a pair, wear them a few time, take some photos for social media and forums and then sell them and recoup 80% of their cost and move on to the next release. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

So, there's a lot of commerce going on in the sneaker world - a lot of transactions, but that doesn't mean that any of the shoes are actually worth anything. If people just keep trading shoes for cash and then that cash back for shoes, it really doesn't matter if that amount is $200, $400, or $1,000. You get up the initial cash to play and it's just the same $200, $400, or $1000 that you keep trading back and forth for sneaks.

This is the essence of any "bubble" People mistake commerce for true interest and market price for true value.
repped...this is exactly what I've been telling dudes for month....all I do is hunt Craigslist... Half these so called Sneakerheads don't have the income to keep moving in and out of sneakers..give it two to three weeks after release when it's on to the next one and the majority of theses dudes are dumping kicks to get the cash back...

Kobe MC's are starting to creep back down cause dudes gotta get that Denim Lebron money ready...

Yeah, and that's why when I see people post "collections" I want to see box stash pics too. Anybody can put together a collection of pictures of you wearing a bunch of different high priced sneakers. That's easy... and, one of the most pathetic things I can imagine. I mean, if you want to essentially rent sneaks, that's one thing, but some people like to play the pics off as a collection when they really don't have more than a few of the shoes in their collection post or social media timeline in their possession.

Again, people do things differently. I think the robbing Peter to pay Paul means of sneaker keeping up with the Joneses is pretty idiotic, but if you aren't into "collecting" or don't truly actually love sneakers, but just like to have the latest and greatest at any given moment, then whatever - do you. But, don't act like you are some bad assss sneaker collector or front like you've got a crazy stash of "heat" when you are really just riding the carousel with the same 2 stacks over and over.

Part of the problem is that the general public is so damn gullible. These are the same people who think reality stars own the homes they are filmed as living in, or a 19 year old rapper with two mixtapes owns the cars and jewelry he's photographed with.

Word, I would love to get my hands on some retro'd CWs. I was hoping they would start using solid CW's with trans soles on so they don't yellow. Remember these:

Maybe not this exact CW, but think of all the dope options... Crimsons went that way, expected to see more honestly, but no.
Yea those are sick. I wished they would go back to solid colors with solid colored soles, like the black/infrareds. Even translucent soles would do, I know clear soles are amazing, I agree. But 90%+ have clear soles.

not sure how i feel about these... would rather see more solid colors with black accents like the originals

That 3m detail wont save these from the being the ABSOLUTE WORST FOAMPOSITE ever manufactured by nike.

If anyone buys these, you need to hand in your NT badge and retire from this forum.

foh with this crap, they look like kicks you'd buy from payless for your toddler.

Yeah, and that's why when I see people post "collections" I want to see box stash pics too. Anybody can put together a collection of pictures of you wearing a bunch of different high priced sneakers. That's easy... and, one of the most pathetic things I can imagine. I mean, if you want to essentially rent sneaks, that's one thing, but some people like to play the pics off as a collection when they really don't have more than a few of the shoes in their collection post or social media timeline in their possession.

Again, people do things differently. I think the robbing Peter to pay Paul means of sneaker keeping up with the Joneses is pretty idiotic, but if you aren't into "collecting" or don't truly actually love sneakers, but just like to have the latest and greatest at any given moment, then whatever - do you. But, don't act like you are some bad assss sneaker collector or front like you've got a crazy stash of "heat" when you are really just riding the carousel with the same 2 stacks over and over.

Part of the problem is that the general public is so damn gullible. These are the same people who think reality stars own the homes they are filmed as living in, or a 19 year old rapper with two mixtapes owns the cars and jewelry he's photographed with.

My man BIP with the knowledge as always. Sadly you're talking about broader social issues that are simply to hard to comprehend by the demographic buying these pathetic shoes. These shoes and I'd say 90% of Nike/JB's current product are aimed towards kids wearing men sizes.

preach!

That 3m detail wont save these from the being the ABSOLUTE WORST FOAMPOSITE ever manufactured by nike.

If anyone buys these, you need to hand in your NT badge and retire from this forum.

foh with this crap, they look like kicks you'd buy from payless for your toddler.

U couldn't be more wrong... These will sell out instantly and resale will be more than any other foam releases this year, specially if they are limited.

"Hand in your NT badge and retire..." Smh, lol.

It's a matter of opinion, different people like different things... u should probably retire NT unless you can bring yourself to understand that and post with intelligence.

If these are the worst ever in your opinion, that's fine.

Last edited:
Nike is whoring foams wtf a doppler radar c'mon Nike u can't think of any better designs y'all might as well nikeid the foams for 250 and leave the designs up to consumers
I'M DONE WIT FOAMS ONLY RETROS

Nike is whoring foams wtf a doppler radar c'mon Nike u can't think of any better designs y'all might as well nikeid the foams for 250 and leave the designs up to consumers
I'M DONE WIT FOAMS ONLY RETROS

If anything I would be done with retro's and stick to sigs and foams, retro's piss me off way worse than foams or sigs do...

Foam Nike ID would be $300 to $325 easily if not more.

pictures make this shoe look like crap to me. it looks like a poorly crafted plastic. idk, im not a huge foam fan, so i guess im bias.

I don't even really like these, and my username is Weather (if they actually release, I'd probably still pick them up just because the subject is so close to me.. hell I'm going to school right now to become a weatherman haha).

Anyways, those little triangle things could be tornado watch boxes: View media item 366474
And what's the writing on the bottom left of the shoe? Baffling.

Back
Top Bottom