Nike Air Griffin? Why not?

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Originally Posted by chubibong

When did he get the griffin  logo on his shoe? I thought he had BG32 without the griffin logo
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

this would be a perfect up and coming star to compliment kd to takeover the future nike releases if its done correctly....start releasing some pe colorways at hoh and next year give him a sig

this would be a perfect up and coming star to compliment kd to takeover the future nike releases if its done correctly....start releasing some pe colorways at hoh and next year give him a sig

When did he get the griffin  logo on his shoe? I thought he had BG32 without the griffin logo
dude i just custom made this one(back read) Mocked it up at the actual pic replacing the dafault BG32
Man I'm trippin today.
Nike gotta use this logo I posted allready. Yea its hella complicated but just imagine the logo on shorts, t shirts, jackets.........
pimp.gif

In case someone missed it
ScreamingGriffon.jpg

dude i just custom made this one(back read) Mocked it up at the actual pic replacing the dafault BG32
Man I'm trippin today.
Nike gotta use this logo I posted allready. Yea its hella complicated but just imagine the logo on shorts, t shirts, jackets.........
pimp.gif

In case someone missed it
ScreamingGriffon.jpg

This is what Nike should do. Nike should give Griffin a shoe deal similar to that of Durants.

Durant's shoe line is made to be available to a wider amount of people by pricing it at less than $100.

Seeing as Durantula's line uses Zoom just like Kobe's, They should market Griffin's shoe as the less expensive Air Max shoe.

Make Griffin's shoe to LeBron's like what Durant's is to Kobe: A cheaper alternative with the similar features on a smaller scale.

Think about it like this:

If LeBron's shoe is full length basketball tuned Air Max 360, then make the Air Max Griffin with Air Max 180 (similar to what will be on the Air Max LeBron VIII v.3)

This is what Nike should do. Nike should give Griffin a shoe deal similar to that of Durants.

Durant's shoe line is made to be available to a wider amount of people by pricing it at less than $100.

Seeing as Durantula's line uses Zoom just like Kobe's, They should market Griffin's shoe as the less expensive Air Max shoe.

Make Griffin's shoe to LeBron's like what Durant's is to Kobe: A cheaper alternative with the similar features on a smaller scale.

If LeBron's shoe is full length basketball tuned Air Max 360, then make the Air Max Griffin with Air Max 180 (similar to what will be on the Air Max LeBron VIII v.3)

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

There's no room for Griffin at Nike Basketball. Griffin's a beast but he doesn't have that iconic image like Kobe and LeBron does. At best, he's going to get the STAT treatment - release a new Force Max type shoe and attach his name to it. He's clearly second tier especially with the team he's playing with, so don't expect much more than a PE at this point. There won't be a takedown version of the LeBron 360 Max Air and I don't see anyone cracking Nike's Big Three anytime soon. I honestly thought he'd end up at adidas.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

There's no room for Griffin at Nike Basketball. Griffin's a beast but he doesn't have that iconic image like Kobe and LeBron does. At best, he's going to get the STAT treatment - release a new Force Max type shoe and attach his name to it. He's clearly second tier especially with the team he's playing with, so don't expect much more than a PE at this point. There won't be a takedown version of the LeBron 360 Max Air and I don't see anyone cracking Nike's Big Three anytime soon. I honestly thought he'd end up at adidas.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by AJ27526

he doesn't have one because although he is one of the best forwards in the game, he has the personality of a wet mop.

You have to imagine if a young kid or casual fan is going to walk into a footlocker and say "I want the the griffins."

at this point, the answer is
personality?????????

dude's a beast on the court and that alone will sell sneakers
You're right, but he actually does have personality.  He's got a pretty low key, dry sense of humor, but he's a funny dude.  Peep some of the YouTube videos out there.  He has one when him and DeAndre Jordan are making a bunch of trick shots and there's another one called "Narrow World of Sports with Peter Mehlman."  Griffin is funny in both. 
If Nike makes a good shoe for him, it will sell.  I would definitely like the Griffin logo incorporated.  That would be sweet.  

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by AJ27526

he doesn't have one because although he is one of the best forwards in the game, he has the personality of a wet mop.

You have to imagine if a young kid or casual fan is going to walk into a footlocker and say "I want the the griffins."

at this point, the answer is
personality?????????

dude's a beast on the court and that alone will sell sneakers
You're right, but he actually does have personality.  He's got a pretty low key, dry sense of humor, but he's a funny dude.  Peep some of the YouTube videos out there.  He has one when him and DeAndre Jordan are making a bunch of trick shots and there's another one called "Narrow World of Sports with Peter Mehlman."  Griffin is funny in both. 
If Nike makes a good shoe for him, it will sell.  I would definitely like the Griffin logo incorporated.  That would be sweet.  

He has the tools to back it up... Plus (as mentioned) the marketing ideas would be great behind him. I'd be looking forward to seeing what Nike would come up with.

He has the tools to back it up... Plus (as mentioned) the marketing ideas would be great behind him. I'd be looking forward to seeing what Nike would come up with.

justhotkicks wrote:
RamZs8906 wrote:

You gotta think into the future.

What if the Lakers don't win the Championship this year or next year? It cuts down on Kobe's marketability. Kobes marketability now comes from that's hes a winner( the present day Jordan figure) Not necessarily being the undisputed best and most exciting player in the world like he was in the 2000s. Without the rings were will his line fall to?

Durant?  He's kinda at crossroads because his line is so cheaply priced he'll never be a top Nike guy. Nike wants to sell their shoes for as much as possible, not 80-90 dollars.

Because he will win at least one Championship with the Heat, the Lebron line will probably be very marketable for the next decade.

So in 3-5 years that leaves you with just the Lebron line being a flagship signature line. Nike tends to like to have a at least high priced 2-3 signature lines at one time.

So what good young exciting players are left that may be worthy a signature line by then?...... Blake Griffin?  Rajon Rondo? Tyreke Evans? Stephen Curry?

Out of all those guys Blake Griffin looks the best by far.

I guess Nike could steal Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose,John Wall or Brandon Jennings from another company.

justhotkicks wrote:
RamZs8906 wrote:

You gotta think into the future.

What if the Lakers don't win the Championship this year or next year? It cuts down on Kobe's marketability. Kobes marketability now comes from that's hes a winner( the present day Jordan figure) Not necessarily being the undisputed best and most exciting player in the world like he was in the 2000s. Without the rings were will his line fall to?

Durant?  He's kinda at crossroads because his line is so cheaply priced he'll never be a top Nike guy. Nike wants to sell their shoes for as much as possible, not 80-90 dollars.

Because he will win at least one Championship with the Heat, the Lebron line will probably be very marketable for the next decade.

So in 3-5 years that leaves you with just the Lebron line being a flagship signature line. Nike tends to like to have a at least high priced 2-3 signature lines at one time.

So what good young exciting players are left that may be worthy a signature line by then?...... Blake Griffin?  Rajon Rondo? Tyreke Evans? Stephen Curry?

Out of all those guys Blake Griffin looks the best by far.

I guess Nike could steal Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose,John Wall or Brandon Jennings from another company.

Originally Posted by c4

^ definitely no to shox. If they do it, hopefully it's zoom
Isn't shox basketball completely dead anyway?  I know Andrew Bogut still rocks them on occasion but I'm sure they are from a couple of years ago and it's nothing new.

Originally Posted by c4

Isn't shox basketball completely dead anyway?  I know Andrew Bogut still rocks them on occasion but I'm sure they are from a couple of years ago and it's nothing new.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by c4

I think so

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by c4

I think so

Back
Top Bottom