Nike Air Griffin? Why not?

I see this playing out for Blake exactly how it did for Vince Carter back in '99-2001...

(Vince-1999): lockout shortened season/ (Blake 2009): injured for season...

(Vince-2000): takes league by storm wearing wack %!! Pumas, stuffs whole arm thru rim in the dunk contest (in Oakland!)... The whole world takes notice... #GAMEOVER #FredrickWeis

(Blake-2010/2011): takes the league by storm wearing wack %!! nike's... probably smacks the shot-clock in route to winning the dunk contest (in LA!), whole world takes notice... #MOZGOV

(Vince-2001): The introduction of one of the most memorable sig shoes and marketing campaign in recent memory, the Nike Shox BB4 #BOING #BOING!

(Blake-2012 & beyond): #Cook #Chef #SWAG!...

I see this playing out for Blake exactly how it did for Vince Carter back in '99-2001...

(Vince-1999): lockout shortened season/ (Blake 2009): injured for season...

(Vince-2000): takes league by storm wearing wack %!! Pumas, stuffs whole arm thru rim in the dunk contest (in Oakland!)... The whole world takes notice... #GAMEOVER #FredrickWeis

(Blake-2010/2011): takes the league by storm wearing wack %!! nike's... probably smacks the shot-clock in route to winning the dunk contest (in LA!), whole world takes notice... #MOZGOV

(Vince-2001): The introduction of one of the most memorable sig shoes and marketing campaign in recent memory, the Nike Shox BB4 #BOING #BOING!

(Blake-2012 & beyond): #Cook #Chef #SWAG!...

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by c4

^ definitely no to shox. If they do it, hopefully it's zoom
Isn't shox basketball completely dead anyway?  I know Andrew Bogut still rocks them on occasion but I'm sure they are from a couple of years ago and it's nothing new.

I think so
Vince Carter still wears shox. I think hes the only guy doin it on the regular

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by c4

^ definitely no to shox. If they do it, hopefully it's zoom
Isn't shox basketball completely dead anyway?  I know Andrew Bogut still rocks them on occasion but I'm sure they are from a couple of years ago and it's nothing new.

I think so
Vince Carter still wears shox. I think hes the only guy doin it on the regular

Nah, VC has been wearing Air Max Hyperdunk 2010s for a while now. Kenyon Martin was wearing some a few nights ago and I think Big Al Jefferson has some on too on the regular.

Nah, VC has been wearing Air Max Hyperdunk 2010s for a while now. Kenyon Martin was wearing some a few nights ago and I think Big Al Jefferson has some on too on the regular.

After he wins the dunk contest his visibilty will skyrocket. His marketability will begin. He is a "safe" endorser with crossover appeal playing in LA. A sig shoe is pretty much guaranteed as long as the Clipps keep playing the way they are

After he wins the dunk contest his visibilty will skyrocket. His marketability will begin. He is a "safe" endorser with crossover appeal playing in LA. A sig shoe is pretty much guaranteed as long as the Clipps keep playing the way they are

The Red Nosed Pit (Blake Griffin) needs a reasonably priced shoe geared towards explosive big men.  Dunkers sell shoes, and BG's dunks are the best in the league right now. I also agree with the comparisons to the Durant line. A high quality/performance shoe at a decent price point would be a great look for Nike. 

The Red Nosed Pit (Blake Griffin) needs a reasonably priced shoe geared towards explosive big men.  Dunkers sell shoes, and BG's dunks are the best in the league right now. I also agree with the comparisons to the Durant line. A high quality/performance shoe at a decent price point would be a great look for Nike. 

my little brother is 11 and the only player he talks about is blake griffin. what kid doesn't like a dunk? vince was my favorite 10 years ago cus of his dunks i think that's what a LOT of kids care about.

my little brother is 11 and the only player he talks about is blake griffin. what kid doesn't like a dunk? vince was my favorite 10 years ago cus of his dunks i think that's what a LOT of kids care about.

Originally Posted by joel2812

Originally Posted by joel2812

Yeah, Griffin needs a signature shoe, and soon. I would really love to see him have a shoe with a full-length Air Max unit, but I don't know how likely that is with LeBron having the same unit in his shoes.

The kid is definitely talented; and his game really speaks for itself. Knowing Nike, they're probably already strategizing on how to capatalize on his marketability and talent.

Yeah, Griffin needs a signature shoe, and soon. I would really love to see him have a shoe with a full-length Air Max unit, but I don't know how likely that is with LeBron having the same unit in his shoes.

The kid is definitely talented; and his game really speaks for itself. Knowing Nike, they're probably already strategizing on how to capatalize on his marketability and talent.

Back
Top Bottom